Thread: Winter rain gear choices?

Bike
    '15 Yamaha MT-07

Winter rain gear choices?

Hi guys,

Just want to know your take on 1Tonne gear (quality,fit, effectiveness)? I'm looking at the textile winter/rain jacket, pants, gloves. Fully waterproof, thermal lining, CE armour, and really good prices. What more could you want right...

Had a look at the Dririder stuff but I find the fit leaning more towards the touring style. RST have a more sporty profile but there's just too much happening. I'm basically looking for a 4 season alternative to my current street/track leathers.

Cheers.

Bike
    A fast one
    Check this thread out about the 1Tonne gear:
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...32-1Tonne-gear

Bike
    '15 Yamaha MT-07
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    Check this thread out about the 1Tonne gear:
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...32-1Tonne-gear
    Thanks for that. Answered all my questions. Was looking at the Terminator WP Jacket but would rather go for a WP membrane than liner. So the Rapid Jacket it is.

Bike
    '15 Yamaha MT-07
    Guys, I just thought I'd mention my current rain/cold setup. Usually thermals, work clothes, Astars gp leather jacket and gloves, Revit wind H2O overjacket and acid rain overpants, and a pair of TCX WP half boots.

The Revit stuff does 100% as they say. The jacket is wind and rain proof but has no thermal lining. The pants are rain proof only. So if you're looking for basic/emergency overwear then I highly recommend them.

The TCX boots (x square sport) are a great Italian product at a good price point. Good casual/everyday half boot, good level of protection, and looks the part.

Now the Astars. They're Astars.. need I say more?.. Great products, once they break in. Just keep in mind that the gp range is highly technical (as it should be) TRACK/spirited riding wear, and definitely not for everyday/commuting.

So that brings me onto my search for a 4 season sport/street setup. Wind-, cold-, rain-proof, good level of armour, and snug fitting yet comfortable to wear everyday. And the 1Tonne range seems to tick all the boxes.

Bike
    bandit
    Strange time of the year to be asking about wet weather and winter gear ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Strange time of the year to be asking about wet weather and winter gear ..
    Should be on sale. Good time to buy.

Bike
    '15 Yamaha MT-07
    Strange time?? Not for the weather Auckland has had over the past two weeks. And after a great weekend the rain's about to drop by once again.

Yeah, great deals on winter gear. Picked up the Revit over- jacket and pants for $120. As I mentioned, it does the job but is a pain to carry around and then have to jump into when the weather goes south. I prefer the put it on once and forget about it type.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    I've got the Macna 2 piece rain suit and the Spidi ovegloves....
    with the seams etc the gloves will let water through eventually after 'some' regular usage,, the Macna's? I used over the last winter, including some longer rides... they held up fine.. eventual water ingress was from the typical spots.. (down the back of the neck etc)
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Should be on sale. Good time to buy.
    agreed......

Thread Information