Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Chrome back

Find out more at www.unluckyones.co.nz

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Rider View Post
    Starting with this

Look man, at the risk of being a bit frank, ( & with due respect for your fabrication efforts).. just how does this dunger meet..
    ..the ambitious thread title?

Seems to me.. its kinda like the "Holy Roman Empire, neither holy, Roman , or an empire"..

Now if you'd change the title to something along the lines of 'How to overcapitalize a clunky ol' wannabe H-D Japper' - fair enough..
    ..or even.. 'My take on turd polishing, but yeah, fair enough, laugh if you must'..

Be honest, eh.. or at least give us another laugh by attempting to explain why you put up that pretentious title, ta..

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    And continuing on, new chrome on the front end is quite a gem. I'm glad to see the pitting gone.

Find out more at www.unluckyones.co.nz

Bike
    1996 Kawasaki VN800A
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.W. View Post
    Look man, at the risk of being a bit frank, ( & with due respect for your fabrication efforts).. just how does this dunger meet..
    ..the ambitious thread title?

Seems to me.. its kinda like the "Holy Roman Empire, neither holy, Roman , or an empire"..

Now if you'd change the title to something along the lines of 'How to overcapitalize a clunky ol' wannabe H-D Japper' - fair enough..
    ..or even.. 'My take on turd polishing, but yeah, fair enough, laugh if you must'..

Be honest, eh.. or at least give us another laugh by attempting to explain why you put up that pretentious title, ta..
    It's a good thing that you have respect for Lone Rider's fabrication efforts, as there's not much respect in the rest of your post. Not everyone likes H-D, or can afford a H-D, some may even prefer Kawasaki anyway. As for the modifications, he can do what he likes, when he likes, and it may not be costing much to do, seeing as he's doing most of it himself as far as I can see. There's plenty of people that throw major amounts of cash at their projects, and if they get what they want at the end of it, who cares? As long as they don't make you buy their project, why would you care?

Don't have a go at someone because someone else's bike doesn't live up to your expectations, I think we need a little less of the brand and quality put downs and more of the "good on you for having a go to get what you want". Who knows what it might end up as at the end of the project?

As for the title, the bike is a Kawasaki Vulcan Classic, so the title has nothing to do with the age of the bike, so I don't see a problem with the title.
    1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 800A
    Paraparaumu

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    It's a good thing that you have respect for Lone Rider's fabrication efforts, as there's not much respect in the rest of your post. Not everyone likes H-D, or can afford a H-D, some may even prefer Kawasaki anyway. As for the modifications, he can do what he likes, when he likes, and it may not be costing much to do, seeing as he's doing most of it himself as far as I can see. There's plenty of people that throw major amounts of cash at their projects, and if they get what they want at the end of it, who cares? As long as they don't make you buy their project, why would you care?

Don't have a go at someone because someone else's bike doesn't live up to your expectations, I think we need a little less of the brand and quality put downs and more of the "good on you for having a go to get what you want". Who knows what it might end up as at the end of the project?

As for the title, the bike is a Kawasaki Vulcan Classic, so the title has nothing to do with the age of the bike, so I don't see a problem with the title.

Jeeze Spider, are you his mother, or just his squeeze?

Best you follow your own advice & "Don't have a go at someone..."
    Of course he can do what he wants with his shit.. but if he puts it up here, he's per se inviting comment.. & so are you..

But hey, thanks for confirming that this vanity thread needs to be moved from the actual 'classic' section, to the 'Nippon custom cruiser' tart-up dept..

Bike
    XB12S

Of course he can do what he wants with his shit.. but if he puts it up here, he's per se inviting comment.. & so are you..

But hey, thanks for confirming that this vanity thread needs to be moved from the actual 'classic' section, to the 'Nippon custom cruiser' tart-up dept..
    Thank you for enlightening us all J.A.W
    You have an apt screen name abreviated from JUST A WANKER.
    Do you expound as much excreted IRL or is it just your keyboard that has the attitude problem.

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    Thank you for enlightening us all J.A.W
    You have an apt screen name abreviated from JUST A WANKER.
    Do you expound as much excreted IRL or is it just your keyboard that has the attitude problem.

& have you gsxr, got something to actually contribute to the topic?

A critique of some technical nature perhaps? A defence of LR's selected colour palate choice, maybe?

Otherwise, be advised, your post is reportable as abusive/off-topic..

Or is it - that you are really upset enough to post-nasty, because - you are in fact - the LR's squeeze? L.O.L...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    One of my favorite Dennis Berg 'Cobra' builds is a VN800. He did a really nice basic black chopper too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vn800.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	317986  

Bike
    1996 Kawasaki VN800A

Don't know Lone Rider, but some things I like about his build, some I could pass on, but I don't think it's my place to put his ride down. I guess you've never heard the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it", especially when it's uncalled for...

Sent from my V3 Plus using Tapatalk
    1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 800A
    Paraparaumu

Thread Information