Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reserve fuel range?

Bike
    Street tracker
    No idea! Don't even know if the 'reserve' works... Fuel gauge got to within a whisker of showing empty - far left side of the red - this morning but hadn't gone on to reserve.

I don't brim the tank and when it is on sidestand it'll take less anyway, but I got $26 of fuel in at under $2 a litre. I think it is supposed to take up to 19 or 20 litres.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I used to ride to the brass with a chap with an early bandit. Drove me crazy used to stop for gas every 2nd stop. My shitty RF flsahed its light on 3 gear changes from the petrol station and demanded reserve before the 5th. OK maybe 250km or something. Fucking annoying. Put a gas can in luggage and tried to run it out. Got to Invercargill then half way to new Mexico.

I took a saw to the reserve tube and soldered the sender an inch lower so it flashed at 280 went reserve at 320 and still had another 30-40k left.
    I explained all this to him but still come 180 km he was filling up again.

Had to bury him in a shallow grave and say he reverse emigrated back to pomgolia.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Well I've not run my Busa out of fuel yet, and the furthest I've run with the fuel light on has been around 75 kms. If memory serves me correctly I trickled 18.5 litres into the tank, so in theory should have had about 2.5 litres left. Was the first time I used C mode as well... I find the fuel gauge kind of annoying since it stays on the full mark for the first 100-120 clicks then drops quickly, so I use the trip meter as a better indicator.
    Ditto. I had a 1983 Kawasaki GPz 550 H3 back in the day. It had a fuel gauge which indicated full for the first 120 km or so, then emptied by the time I got to about 250. Bloody frustrating.

You'd have thought that if they were going to bother to put one on, they would have made the effort to make it accurate.

Bike
    he's back !!!
    played around with my fuel range over anniversary weekend, topped up in Te kuiti ($20 had some in it already ) watched the odo all the way down & @280km dash started flashing ran with it to Bulls before the reserve kicked in ( dash stops flashing goes solid from what I've been told ) which read it @ 310km, filled up to the neck cost $34 @18.4ltrs so I should still of had 3.3ltrs running @ 17.1km/ltr avg not to bad considering it was 2up with luggage on a 06' ZX14
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Thread Information