Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Festival returns to Pukekohe for 2015

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Update off the NZCMRR Facebook Site.

30th, 31st January & 1st February 2015
    Important Note
    This is a “One-Off” event to trial the re-introduction of motorcycle events back to the Pukekohe Raceway
    Rider discretion and restraint will be required to ensure riders safety at this event especially over the RH corner leading on to the front straight.
    If you are of the “Go Hard or Go Home” school of riding then this event is not for you.
    Any rider judged to be over-aggressive and not within the spirit of this event will be Black-Flagged and may be excluded from the meeting.
    If at any stage during the running of the event there is a concern for the safety of the riders the competition side of the meeting may be shut down and it would then become a parade event only.
    There are no Championship Points for this event for the NZCMRR or indeed for any other club.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Seriously ?????

Lets hold an event there for the possible reintroduction of future motorcycle events, BUT, Everybody has to be really careful they don't fall off or get hurt, OR even be reckless, Then what????? If nobody dies, Its all on for all and sundry, FFS MNZ it just gets worse by the minute, For those who aren't in the know, The "Brains trust" have now decided theres no need for the inspection of street circuits during the construction stage by a suitably experienced member,As has been the case for many years, Why??? Oh yea, Cause it's not in the rulebook.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Seriously ?????

Lets hold an event there for the possible reintroduction of future motorcycle events, BUT, Everybody has to be really careful they don't fall off or get hurt, OR even be reckless, Then what????? If nobody dies, Its all on for all and sundry, FFS MNZ it just gets worse by the minute, For those who aren't in the know, The "Brains trust" have now decided theres no need for the inspection of street circuits during the construction stage by a suitably experienced member,As has been the case for many years, Why??? Oh yea, Cause it's not in the rulebook.
    Shit - so precedent and common sense count for nothing ?

I'd assume from that there's no chance of any new street circuits being approved as an approval process is not in the book - and it's too hard - and we don't want to get involved....

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Shit - so precedent and common sense count for nothing ?

I'd assume from that there's no chance of any new street circuits being approved as an approval process is not in the book - and it's too hard - and we don't want to get involved....
    Haha, Yip,

The new track layout for Nelson would have to a starting point, Still if the member allow it to happen and those involved are happy, Thats how it will be.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Haha, Yip,

The new track layout for Nelson would have to a starting point, Still if the member allow it to happen and those involved are happy, Thats how it will be.
    Until a coroner asks questions......

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Until a coroner asks questions......
    Unfortunately,

The coronial system is a bit of a joke, As weve seen in the past, If people are prepared to lie (And they have been) then they get away with whatever they like as there is no risk of perjury at a coronial hearing.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    30th, 31st January & 1st February 2015
    Important Note
    This is a “One-Off” event to trial the re-introduction of motorcycle events back to the Pukekohe Raceway
    Rider discretion and restraint will be required to ensure riders safety at this event especially over the RH corner leading on to the front straight.
    If you are of the “Go Hard or Go Home” school of riding then this event is not for you.
    Any rider judged to be over-aggressive and not within the spirit of this event will be Black-Flagged and may be excluded from the meeting.
    If at any stage during the running of the event there is a concern for the safety of the riders the competition side of the meeting may be shut down and it would then become a parade event only.
    There are no Championship Points for this event for the NZCMRR or indeed for any other club.
    Had a look on FB and this post has been deleted.( should I delete my post then?)
    Got the entry today and Posties are included, no mention of any restrictions other than it being a no points event.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Had a look on FB and this post has been deleted.( should I delete my post then?)
    Got the entry today and Posties are included, no mention of any restrictions other than it being a no points event.
    Awesome,

That makes things much safer, Is now a good time to mention the directive re running the modern and classic sidecars together has also been removed, Despite it being a coroners recommendation????? following the death of Alan Satherly at Paeroa AND subsequent discussions I had as commissioner with the senior F1 competitors in my role as commissioner whereby they considered it too dangerous to run the 2 classes together, Also there were new rulechanges announced by MNZ that subsequently disappeared when the website was updated, I have questioned the appropriate people and been given an explanation but no official announcement has been made to inform the members ????

Bike
    a red heap
    .......... Is now a good time to mention ........
    Probably not, considering this is a thread about an event at puke, not a thread about sour grapes.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Probably not, considering this is a thread about an event at puke, not a thread about sour grapes.
    Sour grapes ???

Really, If the organisation are not going to inform the members, Somebody has to, I have no reason to have "Sour grapes" I made myself unavailable due to family reasons but have still kept an eye on proceedings, I'm more than happy with the changes being made by the new board members and I am kept up to date regularly by those involved, Communication has always been a problem with MNZ, If you don't like my comments here, Then don't read my posts, Too easy

Bike
    a red heap
    Sour grapes ???

Really, If the organisation are not going to inform the members, Somebody has to, I have no reason to have "Sour grapes" I made myself unavailable due to family reasons but have still kept an eye on proceedings, I'm more than happy with the changes being made by the new board members and I am kept up to date regularly by those involved, Communication has always been a problem with MNZ, If you don't like my comments here, Then don't read my posts, Too easy
    Lets back this train wreck back up, beep, beep, beep,beeep....

When you were associated with MNZ you defended their integrity vigorously, then something happened and you saw the retardation, then you spat the dummy cos you werent getting anywhere, publicly announced MNZ were dicks and how you were selling all your motorcycles and shit and were going go karting.

Now anytime there is a mention of MNZ you pop up and start telling stories about them.

I think that is the text book description of sour grapes.

P.S I like your posts, they give me the lolz.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Lets back this train wreck back up, beep, beep, beep,beeep....

When you were associated with MNZ you defended their integrity vigorously, then something happened and you saw the retardation, then you spat the dummy cos you werent getting anywhere, publicly announced MNZ were dicks and how you were selling all your motorcycles and shit and were going go karting.

Now anytime there is a mention of MNZ you pop up and start telling stories about them.

I think that is the text book description of sour grapes.

P.S I like your posts, they give me the lolz.
    Oh Dear,

Factually incorrect as expected, Firstly you didn't start far enough back, I guess thats cause youve been on the scene less than 5 mins, Actually my dissatisfaction with SOME at ,MNZ started back in the mid 90s and I made my feelings well and truly known to those at the time, I have never defended MNZ in its entirety as anybody who has been involved in moving the sport forward over the past 3 years would attest to, I made a decision to back a president and board that I thought had the best interests of the sport in mind based on the good work some had done in the past, I was also mindful that some were there for their own self interest, That aside I considered it worth the effort to become involved and try and improve things, We made some reasonably good progress going and had some big plans going forward, Sadly that had to end earlier this year due to personal reasons, Those who I thought needed to know were informed at the earliest possible convenience so arrangements could be made for a replacement, From that moment forward SOME involved have failed to meet their own requirements and not followed up on statements made, If as you say I was suffering from the dreaded "Sour grapes" syndrome, Believe me I could do a LOT better than my comments on this thread and in fact I have been engaged directly with the board and admin with my concerns, I commented on this thread simply because I was involved directly in discussions with a large number of people in regard to motorcycles returning to Pukekohe, The end result being that it was unsafe even for classics, The subject of the sidecar directive was only brought up with me on Sunday night by a grade 4 steward who was offciating at Wyndham who wanted to know why I had had it removed, As I think its important everybody knows whats going on and MNZ are not releasing the info in a reasonable manner, I did, End of really.

Yip I sold one of my bikes immediately and have one for sale on this very site, Have also purchased a shifter kart and joined the local club, I will probably never disassociate myself from motorcycling as Drew picked up on earlier, I am currently in negotiations with a top Aussie to come here for NZSBK 2015 and am sponsoring 2 race teams for 2015 and a 250 production competitor as well, As long as I have a vested interest and I am provided with info I think the competitors should know about and MNZ are not forthcoming, I will continue to post it where and when I see fit so sit back and laugh all you want. I know there are plenty of others who don't see as humorous, Enjoy.

Bike
    a red heap
    Oh Dear,

Factually incorrect as expected, Firstly you didn't start far enough back, I guess thats cause youve been on the scene less than 5 mins, Actually my dissatisfaction with SOME at ,MNZ started back in the mid 90s and I made my feelings well and truly known to those at the time, I have never defended MNZ in its entirety as anybody who has been involved in moving the sport forward over the past 3 years would attest to, I made a decision to back a president and board that I thought had the best interests of the sport in mind based on the good work some had done in the past, I was also mindful that some were there for their own self interest, That aside I considered it worth the effort to become involved and try and improve things, We made some reasonably good progress going and had some big plans going forward, Sadly that had to end earlier this year due to personal reasons, Those who I thought needed to know were informed at the earliest possible convenience so arrangements could be made for a replacement, From that moment forward SOME involved have failed to meet their own requirements and not followed up on statements made, If as you say I was suffering from the dreaded "Sour grapes" syndrome, Believe me I could do a LOT better than my comments on this thread and in fact I have been engaged directly with the board and admin with my concerns, I commented on this thread simply because I was involved directly in discussions with a large number of people in regard to motorcycles returning to Pukekohe, The end result being that it was unsafe even for classics, The subject of the sidecar directive was only brought up with me on Sunday night by a grade 4 steward who was offciating at Wyndham who wanted to know why I had had it removed, As I think its important everybody knows whats going on and MNZ are not releasing the info in a reasonable manner, I did, End of really.

Yip I sold one of my bikes immediately and have one for sale on this very site, Have also purchased a shifter kart and joined the local club, I will probably never disassociate myself from motorcycling as Drew picked up on earlier, I am currently in negotiations with a top Aussie to come here for NZSBK 2015 and am sponsoring 2 race teams for 2015 and a 250 production competitor as well, As long as I have a vested interest and I am provided with info I think the competitors should know about and MNZ are not forthcoming, I will continue to post it where and when I see fit so sit back and laugh all you want. I know there are plenty of others who don't see as humorous, Enjoy.
    Dude its OK, you will find a new BFF soon.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Dude its OK, you will find a new BFF soon.
    Yea.....I know,

Maybe Shaun would be my friend, But I wouldn't want people to think I just hung out with him cause he's a multi TT winner of international fame who's actually been somewhere and made it into the record books like, Croz and Hugh Anderson and co, Na fuck it, I'll just go karting in the meantime with Stroudy and Scotty Moir until someone more worthy comes along FML.

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    Yea.....I know,

Maybe Shaun would be my friend, But I wouldn't want people to think I just hung out with him cause he's a multi TT winner of international fame who's actually been somewhere and made it into the record books like, Croz and Hugh Anderson and co, Na fuck it, I'll just go karting in the meantime with Stroudy and Scotty Moir until someone more worthy comes along FML.
    Whats kick doing.....

Sent from my XT535 using Tapatalk 2
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Thread Information