Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Festival returns to Pukekohe for 2015

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Haha,

Oh, Na I wouldn't belong on the list of has beens, I never won anything of note, Fucked and old maybe, But still managed to get some good stuff done in the past 3 years I thought. Others might beg to differ, But it appears some just wanna be involved no matter what and are happy to turn a blind eye to the truth.

You did bloody awsome with the sport in your time in there Billy, thankyou for your efforts
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    You did bloody awsome with the sport in your time in there Billy, thankyou for your efforts
    LMAO!!!

No thanks required, Its not a position you take for the recognition...Well nothing positive anyway Haha, Its about making the changes you think might work to raise the profile of the sport and improve safety etc, Some of the those we achieved are, Saved the 250 Production class going the way of the 2 Superstock classes AND brought the Australian champ over to promote the class further and show the locals whats required to to be competitive, The introduction of the Development class in conjunction with Dennis Charlett and Jock Woodley to alleviate the persistent tyre issues that plagued Streetstock 150 and help keep their junior development scheme moving forward plus allowing those with non homologated 250s a class to run in, The realignment with the sidecar association through Tracey Bryan and others hard work and promotion, Getting them back onboard and in the NZSBK series, The financial support of Grant Collingwood and his Ctas livetiming and streaming to help him further improve and update his equipment to promote the sport free to the general public, Not only in NZ but worldwide, The introduction of a series photographer for the NZSBK series in John and Annari Dyson from Jdas photography,The introduction of series officials and a series riders rep ensuring ease of availablity at all rounds, The revised format for the NZSBK series that was clearly needed, Increasing competitor numbers at some rounds by as much as 50% as opposed to previous years where numbers rose and fell in small increments, The series is now in its strongest position for sometime now and I have every confidence that Greg will keep it heading in the right direction, Its encouraging to see he has retained those mentioned above for 2015 and I'm sure the series will be even further enhanced because of that, Comments we received following NZSBK 2014 were "Best series for 10 years" and "Best racing for 20 years", I don't necessarily agree with either, But it was clearly better than we've seen for sometime, Hopefully now everyones had a practice it will be even better. The inclusion of a number of new rules aimed at increased safety and less down time during events aimed at reducing the workload on clubs and officials running events.Obviously none of the above was achievable without the help and support of those mentioned above and a group of people including, Peter Ramage, Grant Ramage, Spyda, Scrivy, Sidecar Bob, Neil Smith, Andrew Presant, Bernie Harnett, Jamie Rajek, Marcus Beagley and all the club secretaries and event organisers dealt with along the way. Nope, No thanks required or sour grapes extended, Just the odd pang of frustration at badly thought through decisions and statements like the return to Puke of motorcycles and a constant resistance by those reffered to as the "Brains trust" to take onboard advice and recomendations from coronial services and in some instances not only refusing to enforce rules, But also announcing their intentions at riders brief with NO recourse from the officials commissioner.

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Almost the entire track is now lined, both sides, with concrete. You'd be OK falling off at turn one or the new right hander on the back straight, but anywhere else there is a good chance of severe concrete rash.
    Concrete rash maybe safer than cheese grater Armco with protruding bolt heads which is what we had before.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFred View Post
    Concrete rash maybe safer than cheese grater Armco with protruding bolt heads which is what we had before.
    Not when its so close it throws you back on the track into the traffic. Or there's little access to get to you or you to get off.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    should it not be up to the rider themselves if they want to race at pukekohe, I mean i can understand not having nationals there, but how much worse is it now with the extra barriers than what it was?

I thought the most dangerous parts where the corner as you came over the hill, and turn 1, the barriers may be slightly closer over the hill, but turn one they are in about the same place,

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    should it not be up to the rider themselves if they want to race at pukekohe, I mean i can understand not having nationals there, but how much worse is it now with the extra barriers than what it was?

I thought the most dangerous parts where the corner as you came over the hill, and turn 1, the barriers may be slightly closer over the hill, but turn one they are in about the same place,
    Don't be retarded, its up to somebody else to decide for you.

Bike
    triumph scrambler
    MNZ will have a ' duty of care ' or some such liability. It is encumbent on them to ensure that the event is as safe as practicable for both competitors & spectators.
    Just because riders say ' it's OK I'll run the risk ' does not absolve MNZ of liability if shit goes wrong .
    Kind of surprised we are going back there. I think Puke has done it's dash , then again I thought upgrading Eden Park was a short sighted stop gap solution.

Puke = restricted operating hours , noise police , parade type racing, it has no long term future.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by trustme View Post
    MNZ will have a ' duty of care ' or some such liability. It is encumbent on them to ensure that the event is as safe as practicable for both competitors & spectators.
    Just because riders say ' it's OK I'll run the risk ' does not absolve MNZ of liability if shit goes wrong .
    Kind of surprised we are going back there. I think Puke has done it's dash , then again I thought upgrading Eden Park was a short sighted stop gap solution.

Puke = restricted operating hours , noise police , parade type racing, it has no long term future.
    duty of care only goes so far, as all the other circuits that have had deaths at them continue on, and so do street circuits, you have a duty of care to make things as safe as possible, not to remove all risk,

Bike
    triumph scrambler
    Don't say that too loud or street circuits will go as well. Not too many other places still have them, IOM & Ireland . Where else ?
    The problem comes with ' as safe as possible '. One persons safe is another's idea of dangerous. It's a judgement call, never going to please everyone.

Bike
    motocompo
    Puke has always had walls & fences that can fuck you up big time, for fucks sake, am I the only one that ever noticed?

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Puke has always had walls & fences that can fuck you up big time, for fucks sake, am I the only one that ever noticed?
    Now you're just being silly.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Of course it has,

Even worse, If youve been round long enough, You'd remember the light stand on the outside of turn 1 that claimed the life of one of the Welington Motorcycles team and very nearly your mate Robbie Deans at the very first Geoff Perry memorial meeting when he ditched his Commando there in the wet, Or the earthmover tyres that used to lay on the outside of turn one in later years that nearly claimed Steve Leggett, Yip Puke's always been dangerous and had many alterations over the years, Some for the better, Some for the worse, As it was explained to me by a number of people who inspected the track following this last lot (Including Stroudy who had actually ridden there), The problem wasn't necessarily the walls so much as the proximity to the edge of the track which would most likely result in machines being ejected back out into the traffic and that it was unsafe for top level competition.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by trustme View Post
    Don't say that too loud or street circuits will go as well. Not too many other places still have them, IOM & Ireland . Where else ?
    The problem comes with ' as safe as possible '. One persons safe is another's idea of dangerous. It's a judgement call, never going to please everyone.
    That is why the duty of care which is read out at every riders briefing Basically states, every practical step has been made to make the event as safe as possible, if you have any concerns please see an official, if your concerns cannot be addressed and you still feel unsafe please feel free to pack up and go home, motorcycle racing may not be for you.

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    I've raced at Paeroa from the first one in 1992 and for nearly every one since. I walked down the main street a couple of years ago cringing at the safety measures...don't look Ethel...too late she already see'd. Hasn't stopped me racing there yet and not likely too either. Ya do what ya gotta do. Puke is probably far safer now than when it was bordered by Armco with all those bolts sticking out. There's cheese graters all along our roads these days. Does that stop us riding on them? The Classic Festival is a great event...see you there

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    I've raced at Paeroa from the first one in 1992 and for nearly every one since. I walked down the main street a couple of years ago cringing at the safety measures...don't look Ethel...too late she already see'd. Hasn't stopped me racing there yet and not likely too either. Ya do what ya gotta do. Puke is probably far safer now than when it was bordered by Armco with all those bolts sticking out. There's cheese graters all along our roads these days. Does that stop us riding on them? The Classic Festival is a great event...see you there
    We can hold hands, just to be safe.

Thread Information