Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bike or Brand?

Bike
    SOLD. Hey Nick Smith get Fucked!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    one being the shitbox you mentioned and the other a 750 Sport (Snort) an even more diabolical heap.
    Yep know that one too, 16" wheels with a weber

750 Sport
    900SS

Bike over brand
    L'arte italiana cammina su due rotelle!

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeey01 View Post

750 Sport
    900SS

Bike over brand
    Yep,Sport i had was red/blue and silver from memory,had such high hopes when i bought the thing but the mad shit you had to do in an effort to keep up with 750cc jappas over the likes of the Rimituka (spelling) made it a liability
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeey01 View Post

750 Sport
    900SS

Bike over brand
    A mate had one of them. Blew back through the carb and set fire to his leg. Was really funny.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    A mate had one of them. Blew back through the carb and set fire to his leg. Was really funny.
    Sidestand on mine decided to fall down betwwen leaving the coffee shop at the top of the Rimituka hill and the first left handerthought the fucking thing had seized and locked up the back wheel as we hurtled towards the rock face instead of round corner,thankfully it was made of shite and the end fell off enabling me to get round the corner.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries

Bike or Brand?

On such things are reputations of exclusivity and character built.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    owned all the jap brands but 50% have been Yamaha's would be around 15 or so...
    So I might lean towards Yamaha's... with Suzuki a easy 2nd....
    Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    1985 Moto Guzzi V50 Nato
    Bike over Brand, they just have to be fun. With me though, I have most fun on my Guzzi's, my dad's Norton Commando and the '07 Tuono that I had.

The list of bikes I can compare it to is just a little bit to long, but at least has all modern BMW's in there (boring as hell because they are to easy to ride), the k1600 has an awesome sound though when above 5000rpm (sounds better when riding behind it)
    Jap bikes don't tickle my enjoyment gland when I ride them, same with the Triumphs I tried (though I love the sound when you close the throttle on the three cylinders). Tried some Ducati's (wanted a 999 before I went with the Tuono), but somehow it just didn't click and I hate myself for that.

visit my site/blog @ www.travelguzzi.com

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    No not really; Triumph (Coventry), Norton, BSA, HD, HRD, Brough Superior, Victory, AJS, Indian to name but a few, even Hayosung. I really have no interest in the latest greatest disposable motorcycle. I believe they are made for disposable riders.
    Ok ill bite. Todays bikes, no matter what brand, would outlast any of those you mention by 20 times. American/ Harley etc have numorous japanese/european parts on them now, as does UK bikes.
    Great thing is, they all have 2 wheels.
    My choice is Triumph cause I like triples. MV would be nice for the same reason.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Trumpydom!

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubber View Post
    Ok ill bite. Todays bikes, no matter what brand, would outlast any of those you mention by 20 times. American/ Harley etc have numorous japanese/european parts on them now, as does UK bikes.
    Great thing is, they all have 2 wheels.
    My choice is Triumph cause I like triples. MV would be nice for the same reason.

Have you ever tried to get parts for any old jap bike?

Are you trying to tell that a new GSXR1 has more up to date engineering than a 60 year old Norton 500? That also explains why the modern ones also go faster. What they don't do is interest me in the slightest.

What would I rather drive a WRX or a Lotus 7? A new Lexus or a old Bently? A new Toyota Hilux or a old Series Landrover? As a professional engineer I have an interest in old and unusual vehicles, modern mass market vehicles just don't push my button any more.

I got to drive a Bren gun carrier the other day, I can't think of a practical use for one (excpt to crush some boy racer cars) but it was the coolest vehicle I have ever driven and I want one.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Have you ever tried to get parts for any old jap bike?

Are you trying to tell that a new GSXR1 has more up to date engineering than a 60 year old Norton 500? That also explains why the modern ones also go faster. What they don't do is interest me in the slightest.

What would I rather drive a WRX or a Lotus 7? A new Lexus or a old Bently? A new Toyota Hilux or a old Series Landrover? As a professional engineer I have an interest in old and unusual vehicles, modern mass market vehicles just don't push my button any more.

I got to drive a Bren gun carrier the other day, I can't think of a practical use for one (excpt to crush some boy racer cars) but it was the coolest vehicle I have ever driven and I want one.
    Yea I actually get that too. I like both worlds to be fair. Give my eye teeth for a T160 Trident one day. Nostalgia id say is the cause. Certainly not common sense.

Trumpydom!

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    My biggest problem is I seem to like a lot of different bikes than I used to.
    Idd like to own what I have already plus a vintage, two smoke 500, motard, custom(even hardleys), bobber,h2 and idd like a trials bike also.

I don't even get time to ride one thoroughly.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Bike.

But that's driven by $ each time (such is life).

Driven by the potential to alter to suit me as well.

Bike
    2014 Suzuki GW250 "Inazuma"
    For me it's a combination of both.

I say this having just been bike shopping today. I was completely willing to give up a better trade-in offer and cheaper overall cost on several bikes, for a pretty terrible trade in deal just because I'm more familiar with the brand and their reputation, the dealer was more "in tune" with my needs as a movement impaired, short, female rider, and I knew I could easily get parts and servicing done almost anywhere in the country. Those needs though make it very much about the bike.

There were several bikes from different brands which met my criteria that I was considering and I sat a Yamaha, Kawasaki, Triumph, Honda and a Suzuki... But the brand and the dealer decided it for me.

Bike
    '94 YZF750R - RESTO TIME!
    I'm not tied to any particular brand, but prefer certain periods when bike design was more than just 3D printing a freshly graduated design school students wet dream that resulted from watching too many Japanese cartoons whist eating a tub of cheese flavoured yogurt.

1987 - 2000 and 1975 - 1979 to be precise :-)
    ---Cut Here---
    '94 YZF750R - I love the smell of new tyre in the morning...
    EXUP Brotherhood

Bike
    Trumpet
    I like all Japanese bikes, Tourers, Sports, Sports Tourers Cruisers you name it , I like British and Italian bikes too.

Thread Information