Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bike or Brand?

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Bike not brand.

These days it tends to be classically styled machines with simple, flowing lines, curves, and minimal features. Whatever it is, it's got to have something that I respond to. The Transformers look that a lot of modern bikes have works for a lot of people but not for me.

I'm also put off by complex machinery and electronic trickery. If I can't fix it myself and will be a prisoner to the dealer network / authorised mechanics etc then I avoid the bike.

Re earlier comments about Cagiva years Ducatis and the 900SS - the bike's put me through the wringer alright, can't deny that... don't go there if you just want to ride... but I have never had better times biking. Sometimes you've gotta go with what works for you and practicality be damned.

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Yep I think Bike not brand sells, I wanted a Triumph from the late 60s-70 era, but the price and thoughts of repairs pushed me towards a 99 Kawasaki W650 and I love it.

An chance encounter with an old mate on his ride had me drooling.
    A bike brand I never imagined owning suddenly looked, sounded and felt so right on riding that I had to have one, hence the HD "Black Mistress" that has captured my heart and soul, the wife says I talk to and caress the bike more than her, she is probably right.

Bike
    bandit
    I once thought "brand" ... BSA or Triumph ... no rice rockets ...

Now I think BIKE ... and I ride Japanese ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    I'll likely go with brand myself, as I have gone with Yamaha for my first bike and very likely stay with Yamaha. My silly reasoning behind this is I love their guitar design and quality, their logo being three tuning forks and they make some of the best grand pianos around. So if Vox or Gibson made a motorcycle I'd probably be riding one haha.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    I love the look of Ducatis.

I think of them like a 23 year old with big tits. Great to look at, but you don't wanna take it home.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    You don't wanna take it home.
    Should read "You are not able to get one home".
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphro_Ant View Post
    I'll likely go with brand myself, as I have gone with Yamaha for my first bike and very likely stay with Yamaha. My silly reasoning behind this is I love their guitar design and quality, their logo being three tuning forks and they make some of the best grand pianos around. So if Vox or Gibson made a motorcycle I'd probably be riding one haha.
    I can understand that. Although I hate to think what a Gibson motorcycle would cost. My Les Paul Custom was ridiculous. I much prefer my Stratocasters.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphro_Ant View Post
    You need help.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...I'm very brand conscious...I will ride any brand as long as I'm conscious...If I'm unconscious I am not very brand specific...Velocette is the brand of the machines I fell in love with when I was too young to piss straight, and still is...

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Since my first post in this thread I have bought and sold a Triumph Tiger which was a bike I had wanted for some time. We now own a GSX1400 (my 3rd Suzuki) still yet to own a Kawasaki and looking very unlikely that will ever happen at this stage. Not sure why I not gone for that brand of bike in the past, I guess nothing grabbed by the balls at time of looking.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Since my first post in this thread I have bought and sold a Triumph Tiger which was a bike I had wanted for some time. We now own a GSX1400 (my 3rd Suzuki) still yet to own a Kawasaki and looking very unlikely that will ever happen at this stage. Not sure why I not gone for that brand of bike in the past, I guess nothing grabbed by the balls at time of looking.
    So more a salesman choice than brand or bike then?

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    So more a salesman choice than brand or bike then?

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC
    Buyers choice...a salesman has never had to sell me a bike.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Personally I just buy what gets the juices flowing at the time
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Work-pics1979.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	325141

???????????????
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    Hayabusa
    I had a range of different brand bikes when I was young then liked Suzuki and that is the brand I like. Brought my new hayabusa because it was a Suzuki and a GSX. I didn't even take it for a test ride I new it would be good

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Should read "You are not able to get one home".
    Or "To old to remember what to do with one"

Thread Information