Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for women's leather jacket & boots

Bike
    2014 Suzuki GW250 "Inazuma"

I'm looking for women's leather jacket & boots

Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a comfortable, lightweight, supple women's leather jacket - and tell me where I can find it?

I'm currently in textile and was just wanting leather for a bit of variety - and the textile is so NOISY when I move! "Scrape scrape scrape" when I'm walking down the street - unless I choose to walk like a man or gorilla... Ugh.

So anyway, I have literally tried on every jacket within my price range (would like to stay under $600 if possible) at several stores - MotoCity & Prestige in Tauranga and Cycletreads in Auckland. So far I've found only one which felt "right" - but it was the last one in the store, and had already been sold. And the shop couldn't get any more in. I believe it was an "Ixon crystal something super girly name".

Any recommendations for something similar?

Now boots, I must have the thickest women's calves in the country, because for the life of me I can not find a boot which will zip up around my calves while still fitting in the foot. Any tips on finding a women's office-friendly, wide-calved or barely above the ankle boot?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjacookie View Post

unless I choose to walk like a man or gorilla... Ugh.

That's rather harsh.....

I always thought we looked more like "graceful" orangutangs.......

Bike
    GSX1300R
    I have just ordered a custom jacket & pants from Kerry at Motorcycle Safety Wear. Her website is:
    http://msw.co.nz/index2.html

Her shop is in K rd and a basic jacket from her is reasonably priced. She will work with you on a design and make it to fit you. I've previously had a jacket from her and it was still in great condition 10 years latter.

All of her gear is hand made by her and it's supporting one of the very few people in NZ who are still in business making motorcycle leather gear locally.

So anyway, I have literally tried on every jacket within my price range (would like to stay under $600 if possible) at several stores - MotoCity & Prestige in Tauranga and Cycletreads in Auckland. So far I've found only one which felt "right" - but it was the last one in the store, and had already been sold. And the shop couldn't get any more in. I believe it was an "Ixon crystal something super girly name".

Any recommendations for something similar?

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    Re boots, have a look at Daytona boots. They have adjustable calf widths.

Ohh, I just found one which gives you extra height. Will keep my eye on that one, maybe for my next bike.
    ---------------------------
    Disclaimer: Any lapses in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
    ---------------------------

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    I have a couple of very nice leather jackets, depending on your size requirements.

PM me.
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Thanks for all the advice guys. Was riding with someone who was wearing a nice jacket today and gave it a great review so I might have to go shopping.

Edbear, will PM you but I'm finding with biker gear, sizing seems to be somewhat crazy - for example my riding pants are 3 sizes bigger than I would normally wear and are "just right" fit-wise.

Thanks for the Boots recommendation too - will see if I can find anything I like that might fit!

Edit: guess I wont PM - site involvement not high enough

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I think the only way to PM early is to post selfy.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    With this lot around?? I'll wait!

Bike
    Its a Boat

Edit: guess I wont PM - site involvement not high enough
    Just post on here what you want to say and I'll copy/paste it into a pm to Ed for you.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    funny, cos im looking for womens in leather jackets and boots.

...and nothing else.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepLogic View Post
    I have just ordered a custom jacket & pants from Kerry at Motorcycle Safety Wear. Her website is:
    http://msw.co.nz/index2.html

Her shop is in K rd and a basic jacket from her is reasonably priced. She will work with you on a design and make it to fit you. I've previously had a jacket from her and it was still in great condition 10 years latter.

All of her gear is hand made by her and it's supporting one of the very few people in NZ who are still in business making motorcycle leather gear locally.
    I totally endorse Kerrie also. And she is surprisingly reasonably priced given the quality of the materials used and her expertise. Plus the custom fit thing. I am told that is important for the girls what with the boobies and all.

BTW she has a website www.msw.co.nz

If you fit it, the Schott jacket on the bike trader here is good buying.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    re boots my partner has a pair of Diadora boots which fit her fairly well and she has wide calves she tells me.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Just post on here what you want to say and I'll copy/paste it into a pm to Ed for you.
    Ed actually got in touch by PM and was very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    re boots my partner has a pair of Diadora boots which fit her fairly well and she has wide calves she tells me.
    Interesting - any particular model? At the moment I'm running around in some TCX X-Street's because they're just above ankle height. But, of course, they're lace-up. And while I've never had a problem with the laces (I wear long socks and fold the socks over the laces which keeps them secure and stops me getting them caught on anything) they're definitely not office-friendly.

Anyway, I've now found myself a nice leather jacket from motomail. I walked in there and 30 mins later walked out with my wallet considerably lighter, but with a new helmet, gloves, jacket and seat bag.

Still looking for the right boots though.

Bike
    Suzuki
    I can't recommend any woman's specific gear but I'd stay away from IXON in general. I had one of their Jackets and it wasn't the best quality as the zips broke after a few months which isn't really something you'd expect from a $500 jacket.

Maybe checkout Motomail auckland. They have some good Rev'it and Dainese leathers which should be in your price range.

Bike
    Hobbit bike & Bike Decoration
    Try Alpine Star boots, they have a short zip and Velcro around the calf
    "Those that give up Liberty for Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information