Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: A non-Kiwi joined! And I might need some advice (PaulV)

Bike
    1992, Suzuki VX800

Hi Guys!

Wow, it has been a while!

First off I'd like to thank all of you for the amazing trip I had in the beginning of 2015. I know I've probably said it a million-and-one times already but without you guys it would have been impossible.

Since the last time I posted something here a lot has happened and changed but one thing remained. I needz another motorcycle adventure!

This time I do however would like to use my own (manly) purple Suzuki VX800. There are not many countries I haven't visited yet in western Europe but one has always been of interest.

And that is Ireland, I know I'll have to cross the Land of the PoMs but I'm okay with some tea and biscuits along the way

Anyway, thought to sent you guys an update on how things are going.

Also started a thread on the Irish biker forum:
    http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=229025

Cheers!

Bike
    Good shit dude! Cork, Derry and Galway are my 3 favourite spots there. Should be some good riding around the Ring of Kerry but there are plenty of back roads there that are awesome (although often narrow as fark).

My old man lives in Ballinasloe but I think he's not home till June/July. If you're around in Ireland at that time and in the hood I can double check his dates but you'd definitely be able to crash there for a night or a few.
    I'll ask around the family in Galway too but most of them live out in the middle of no where tbh.

Jealous as!

Bike
    1992, Suzuki VX800
    Yeah kinda excited and a tad bit nervous, a friend of mine past away in a motorcycle accident last July and I haven't had the balls to ride since.
    So this should be a good way to regain some confidence

First things first, the bike has been in a shed for quite some time and is not meant to for long journeys. So have to plow through the workshop manual and do all the mandatory things which haven't been done the last 20 years.

Also have to add a sturdy luggage rack, some heated bars and USB chargers for comfort. (connected through the ignition and not directly on the battery as done on the Honda, sorry 'bout that one Peter)

Cork, Galway and Derry are all in the plans right now, and it would be cool to meet some locals along the way

Bike
    1992, Suzuki VX800

Guess who's back!! :D

Or atleast is going to be back, I'm heading back to you fabulous lot for another bike ride.
    As I'll not be travelling alone but with my dad and brother we did go for the more reliable (but arguably less fun) solution of renting motorcycles.

I lost most of the phonenumbers so this is me trying to contact some of the legends which helped me five years ago on this adventure.
    Let me know if you'd like to have a chat or grab a pint along the way

Trip will be from Auckland to Christchurch from the 17th of Feb till the 5th of March. Not a real plan yet at the moment.

Thread Information