Thread: North to Alaska in 2015

Bike
    2011 H.D RoadKing

North to Alaska in 2015

The mystic and allure of Alaska and riding through the desolate Yukon wilderness is approachable in 2015. More good news, you can miss the miserable NZ winter coming up. Ride your bike to Wellington, pop in container, unload at Los Angeles and head off for 35 days very exciting days on your bike bike heading through the undoubtedly best coastal ride in the US up into Canada then overnight through the outstanding Inland Passage on a smaller Cook strait similar ferry up to Juneau .
    Ride the Top of the World Highway to Dawson City in the Yukon and then ride via the famous war time built Alaska Highway into BC and Alberta before riding the number 1 rated bike road in the States Waterton and Glacier Park .
    Very affordable riding your bike and all the effort re hotels and other bookings accomplished for you.
    look at www.kiwiken.co.nz for mor info. and see how others have relished this adventure.

Bike
    Moto Guzzi LeMans

South America

Free lance bike/life adventure leaving for Santiago September 2015. Very best food, vino tinto and bachata. The mystic of South American culture, road craft and unreal scenery. Road, boat, Road to Ushuaia, back up Argentina, Brazil.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Alaska......
    Awesome place, great trip, tarseal stops in Whitehorse.....
    Done the trip from LA to Anchorage , then spend a few months working in Wasilla. Alskan highway is a killer on tires and suspension, fuel stops are regularly spaced but far apart..(with the odd one being closed when I went upa lifetime ago in april 84)
    Mosquitoes are Alaska's national bird .......
    Can drive you wild..
    Enjoy your trip to the last frontier, I envy you....
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    Did a similar trip myself this year. The most awesome ride / holdiday ever!

Went from Texas up through the middle to north of Calgary, west to Alaska, up to the top at Deadhorse, through Dawson (top of the world hway) on the way back and then south down the west coast to LA.

If nothing else, take all the alternate routes you can find / avoid the freeways.

Half finished trip report at the following link. I lost interest in finishing it: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=989768
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Thread Information