Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DR350 thread

Bike
    92 R80 GS
    I think this would be my 1st adventure ride. It was after the Shell 100, we went to Queenstown and got Denis Columb from Queenstown Motorcycle Adventures to take us out. We went up Skippers Canyon and up to Bullendale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan10145.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	246.9 KB 
ID:	306688  

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    I had a DR350. It was a bit of a piece of crap, but I think mine was just a lemon. It was certainly the right colour.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00416s.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	255.2 KB 
ID:	306689
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    It has begunnn!

The DR has been working out and has progressively gone from a droopy assed white girl to just a snail trail assed white girl. Giggidy.

How it came:

Was a dealer setup I believe? but that bottom unit was angled too far down and the indicators were impossible to see during the day unless you were lying on the ground after I'd just run over you

First workout session (living on the edge apparently with one one license plate bolt):

Hard to see but I tossed some wee LED indicators on each side of the brake light. Was only on there temporarily (for 6+ months Passed a WOF though, yusss!)

Few more laps of the hood and a rigorous diet of petrol and oil (who wouldn't yak a few things off eating only that shit):

Much more visible/level and I reckon it looks way better. I've kinda bodged it between the rear subframe and guard for the min with a few 6mm bolts as nothing wanted to line up nicely, but it'll do for a few months. Just got to get the rack back on but I've learnt to travel light and there are advantages to clearing some rooms with your BO and soggy sock aroma, so a few days down south after xmas will only see a backpack needed.

Bike
    Other than an annoying scraping noise when I bottom out it seems to be doing well

Think I'll be running that Kenda again, seems to wear and work real well so far (although any new/near new tyre should).

Bike
    Few more changes. Should be enough draw off the stator to throw heated grips in now.

Straight from phone so pic is probably shit.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Few more changes. Should be enough draw off the stator to throw heated grips in now.

Straight from phone so pic is probably shit.
    Too tired to search: but I hear capacitors are the shit when it comes to putting heated grips on battery less bike. Especially if you are using ones with a temp controller. Without something to smooth out the charge they have a tendency to just switch off.

Don't ask me how. Not a lectorician.
    When asked a mech that was his recommendation. Something along the lines of wires to our headlights get tapped, then one capacitor per side or two in line before the controller if comp regulated or temp controlled.
    Takes kare of the initial voltage demand, those first 30 seconds are the bulk of the draw as long as the bike has been run long enough to charge. About a minute.

Also smoothes a 12-12-12-14-12-13-12-14-12 type voltage pattern into a nice smooth average.

The bit I don't know is how to regulate this. I believe it is a diode offering resistance. And commencing an earth when the circuit is lost. Vague memory of five years ago sorry. He did poor me to an article on line but no idea where. Pretty sure a dr350 forum from Germany.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Too tired to search: but I hear capacitors are the shit when it comes to putting heated grips on battery less bike. Especially if you are using ones with a temp controller. Without something to smooth out the charge they have a tendency to just switch off.

Don't ask me how. Not a lectorician.
    When asked a mech that was his recommendation. Something along the lines of wires to our headlights get tapped, then one capacitor per side or two in line before the controller if comp regulated or temp controlled.
    Takes kare of the initial voltage demand, those first 30 seconds are the bulk of the draw as long as the bike has been run long enough to charge. About a minute.

Also smoothes a 12-12-12-14-12-13-12-14-12 type voltage pattern into a nice smooth average.

The bit I don't know is how to regulate this. I believe it is a diode offering resistance. And commencing an earth when the circuit is lost. Vague memory of five years ago sorry. He did poor me to an article on line but no idea where. Pretty sure a dr350 forum from Germany.

They sell 'battery eliminator kits' which are exactly what you've mentioned, capacitors you wire in but they market it for stopping the headlight flicker at lower revs. Cheer for the heads up.

Bike
    CB1300
    No worries.
    Glad my sleepy murmurings were helpful.

Been 5 years and still no heated grips. Still, good things take time.

Bike
    Yeah I bought some over a year ago. Still in the packet haha

Might have gotten carried away after work today...

Time to test
    Well time to wire the cunts first anyway

Bike
    CB1300
    Nice

Bike
    Might as well just steal this thread good and proper now

Pretty stoked with the look of the new headlight. Usually don't give a shit about that sort of thing, but it's right up there at 'you've got a real purrrdy mouth' level I was saving them for when I sell it but I might have to throw the shiny side covers on (since I've put the shiny front and rear guards on that I was also saving as well might as well go full hog )

Here's some gayed up google 'auto awesome' image for kicks. Straight to the pool room?

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    Is that the loch ness monster in the distance...awesome.
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    CB1300

Help!

Does anyone have a spare throttle cable they could lend or sell me?

My main bike seems to have blown a stator.
    I need to get the 56kms to work a bit faster than I can cycle.

Need to be within an hours drive of Tuakau do I can get the bike back together today.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Does anyone have a spare throttle cable they could lend or sell me?

My main bike seems to have blown a stator.
    I need to get the 56kms to work a bit faster than I can cycle.

Need to be within an hours drive of Tuakau do I can get the bike back together today.
    You get one? I have a spare here you can borrow if need be.

Bike
    So, new screen is awesome on road. The kick out of seeing moths flying towards me, smashing into it and getting deflected off to the side instead of hitting me in the face will NEVER get old.

Off road it though it is a pain during twilight and steep uphills. Will keep an eye out for one with no tint I think.

Thread Information