Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1166

Thread: Reasons to be cheerful

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I work in a corporate environment and if that poster was on any premises I manage it would be quietly taken down.
    Yeah even where we are (and we have lots of pictures of Mao and Lenin and even fucking Stalin on our wall) I don't think it would fly.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    It would have been fucking brutal this morning at sparrows fart. It was cold enough when I went out (in the car, with the heater and stereo blasting) at 9am...
    You ever had those white bits appear under your fingernails after a crisp morning's start to an autumn tour in summer glubs?
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Yeah even where we are (and we have lots of pictures of Mao and Lenin and even fucking Stalin on our wall) I don't think it would fly.
    Oh I'm sure Bob's just being a considerate, progressive, inclusive wee pixie, no doubt taking the lead from a quantity of feminist generated vagina art hanging, (figuratively) in any number of public galleries.

He's good like that.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    You ever had those white bits appear under your fingernails after a crisp morning's start to an autumn tour in summer glubs?
    LOL yeah. I once rode a motorbike from Invercargill to Gore in May (early May) and it snowed all the way. I was following in the wheeltrack of a P & T landcruiser because if I didnt escape that day I would have been trapped down there for a week.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It wouldn't have lasted where I worked, but in a gym with all the other things he mentioned? It's not like she was forced to look at that.
    Anyhoo, she can check out the artwork at her new gym. The one she has to pay for with her own cash.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    LOL yeah. I once rode a motorbike from Invercargill to Gore in May (early May) and it snowed all the way. I was following in the wheeltrack of a P & T landcruiser because if I didnt escape that day I would have been trapped down there for a week.
    You tell that to yer modern motorbicyclist though, and will they believe you?

Uphill both ways in winter that road too, but at least the ice fills the potholes.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    It would have been fucking brutal this morning at sparrows fart. It was cold enough when I went out (in the car, with the heater and stereo blasting) at 9am...
    Yep. Sooooooooooo glad for my heated grips at 5.25am. It was nipple-puckeringly cold. It has made the 15km ride to work (and then back to my delivery area at about 8.30am) a totally different proposition to that where it felt like somone was smashing my fingertips with a hammer.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    It was on the good
    Pretty easy ride in today. Mind you, I was thinking of Anna.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    My heated seat takes only a few corners to cut in while I'm dropping the kids to school. . .

I did get my heated vest extended. Seems to have shrunk in last 15 years. Not used it this year.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    motocompo
    Cleaning the wheels, nek minnit. . . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190710_121056.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	773.4 KB 
ID:	342432  

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Cleaning the wheels, nek minnit. . . . .
    What ? It just fell apart in your hands ? You left it overnight and came in to this ? NZ Customs confiscated the rest when they looked at the wheels ?
    Your OCD cut in and you decided to clean it all ?

What are you doing with a Kawasaki anyway ?

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    What ? It just fell apart in your hands ? You left it overnight and came in to this ? NZ Customs confiscated the rest when they looked at the wheels ?
    Your OCD cut in and you decided to clean it all ?

What are you doing with a Kawasaki anyway ?
    OCD and bad influences from hanging with the Smiths BMW & Wilson Craig Honda crew chief's at the northwest & TT.
    I learned what normal was.
    Kawasaki is ok.

Bike
    husaberg
    OCD and bad influences from hanging with the Smiths BMW & Wilson Craig Honda crew chief's at the northwest & TT.
    Kawasaki is ok.
    That clutch cover looks like a lawnmower pull start.................
    How much to do the lawns mister
    Name:  fast as mower.JPG
Views: 15
Size:  13.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Exercycle
    Kawasaki is ok.
    Normal is relative to the size of your budget, the length of the races you're doing - and whether the bike is a purpose built race unit.
    If you've grown up watching grandad strip his manx Norton down to the bare frame between meetings, then had to do the same when you raced TZ's, normal is the complete strip.
    If you grew up building and racing 750 WSB stuff, you're not really used to that as it became largely unnecessary.
    Do the pre-season prep right and for a NZ season, I'd be surprised if between race strips are needed.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Normal is relative to the size of your budget, the length of the races you're doing - and whether the bike is a purpose built race unit.
    If you've grown up watching grandad strip his manx Norton down to the bare frame between meetings, then had to do the same when you raced TZ's, normal is the complete strip.
    If you grew up building and racing 750 WSB stuff, you're not really used to that as it became largely unnecessary.
    Do the pre-season prep right and for a NZ season, I'd be surprised if between race strips are needed.
    The BMW guys are back to a frame & engine between meetings, if they're not doing an engine swap.
    This thing has been a club day beater for most of its life & is being prepped for greater things, so best to have a proper look & clean up.

Thread Information