Page 62 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons to be cheerful

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...you can pick up some good stuff for relatively cheap prices there also...a mate of mine was visiting France a couple of years back, came across a property in a small town that was 'too good to be true'...it was true and now him and his partner are winter free and own a magnificent building (a fair bit of work), and a lifestyle that some only wish or dream of...sounds good...good luck...
    I looked a that, but I'm better to keep my property here on a market that I understand & pay aprox $200nz per week to rent. It may be Spain next winter & Italy the winter after that, so it means I'm not tied to one place.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I looked a that, but I'm better to keep my property here on a market that I understand & pay aprox $200nz per week to rent. It may be Spain next winter & Italy the winter after that, so it means I'm not tied to one place.

...it still sounds like an excerpt from a cool story, whatever way you do it...it's a far cry from telling my missus that I'll take her away for a weekend, somewhere, sometime...

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Well, I guess that's that then.
    I've been fixing BMW cars at the same location for 23 years, but 27 years in the same street.
    I went to the TT last month & while I was away, I thought, fuck this shit, I don't need the stress anymore, so listed my business up on trademe with a borderline stupid price.
    12 enquiries & 20 days after listing it, it's sold.
    I'm thinking Perpignan in the south of France is looking very good, lovely climate & a day by car or air to at least 5 Moto GP circuits.
    Nice. I know a few that have or are about to retire offshore, all sounds very exotic. In fact I've just received an invite to a bar warming in Vietnam.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    husaberg
    Malta...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    motocompo
    I've got to put 1000 km on this before Monday, so it can go in to be converted to a race bike.
    Not sure I can cope.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	514.6 KB 
ID:	332345  

Bike
    Exercycle
    I've got to put 1000 km on this before Monday, so it can go in to be converted to a race bike.
    Not sure I can cope.
    Not sure your back will cope....
    Kirby had a good mate who ran everything in from the CB750 days right up to GSXR1100's. A days run to the west coast and back around the passes saw everything nicely bedded. Never dropped one either...

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Sold
    Well, we've just celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary and haven't been stabbed or otherwise maimed by my infinitely better half so I'm extremely lucky . Also celebrate our joint 70th birthdays in a couple of months so to mark both events, we're lashing out and going on a 4x4 safari through Kenya and Tanzania. Just got time to get one more decent ride in beforehand

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Not sure your back will cope....
    Kirby had a good mate who ran everything in from the CB750 days right up to GSXR1100's. A days run to the west coast and back around the passes saw everything nicely bedded. Never dropped one either...
    63.5 percent of mission accomplished. Down to Taihape, gas & a Moro bar, over the Gentle Annie to Hastings, another splash of gas & a feed & back to Taupo.
    Great day, but obviously not as young as last time I rode a bike like that.
    I'll drop the forks through & Jack the arse up a bit in the morning & do the same route clockwise tomorrow weather pending.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I'll drop the forks through & Jack the arse up a bit
    Most times anyone describes that I can read it both ways.

I assume you mean drop the clamps on the forks?
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Most times anyone describes that I can read it both ways.

I assume you mean drop the clamps on the forks?
    I phoned the chum that going to race it & had a yarn. He said to slide the forks up 4mm in the clamps.
    It was fine rolling through high speed corners at umm, the speed limit, but nailing it off a slower apex it would run wide & rolling off the gas to try to fix it made it extra horrible.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Well, we've just celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary and haven't been stabbed or otherwise maimed by my infinitely better half so I'm extremely lucky . Also celebrate our joint 70th birthdays in a couple of months so to mark both events, we're lashing out and going on a 4x4 safari through Kenya and Tanzania. Just got time to get one more decent ride in beforehand
    Congratulations to both of you on both counts

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...I was thinking I may have to pull out of the Spring Classic, Nth vs Sth at Manfield in Oct due to fukn dollars and sense...so I booked the flights and a mattress and shower for three days before I actually fell into the 'shoulda done it' scenario, down the track...done deed now......j

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Thanks Mark - Jennie has the patience of a saint

I actually suggested that a new 765 Triple could be my share of the celebration. I was given to understand that my health could take a sudden dive if I tried it

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    I second that, well done you two and do enjoy Tanzania.
    My Ratbag now rides her own bike ( A Big Arsed ol Arlen Ness Nosed M50 Boulevard) for now, she's just had a trip up Norf to Whangarei with a bunch of hairy assed Fat Bikers, this weekend, enjoyed herself despite herself she did.
    Report when you get back please.
    Friend of mine from here, has just returned from 2 weeks in the mountains of Pakistan riding a rented Enfield 2 up, they had a great time.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Thread Information