Thread: Who has Shoei NXR in XS with Terminus Graphics in stock?

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650

Who has Shoei NXR in XS with Terminus Graphics in stock?

I've settled on the helmet I want, and for this kind of money I'm going to get my choice of graphics. The local Shoei dealer (Bayride Tauranga) can order this helmet....and have it to me in a month. As much as I try to support local business they don't make it easy - I could have the same helmet from the USA for much cheaper in less time than that.

So in the off chance, does anyone know of a Shoei dealer in the North Island who has this helmet in stock? It has to be XS and it has to be Terminus graphics.

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ 400
    We don't have one at Motomail i'm afraid. The Shoei NZ dist eta on that helmet says 28/02.

Bike
    As much as I want to support local business, I can get it from the US or Europe faster than that, and cheaper. Local distributors are making this fucking hard, same situation with the handlebars I ordered recently.

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ 400
    It is unfortunate that of the 23 different colours/graphics, and the 6 size options, the one you require is not in stock. XS is a little harder to get. The AGV helmet I want, the NZ distributor doesn't even bring in an XS. I'd have to back order it from Italy, takes 3 months. :-(
    . Of all the helmets, brands and distributors, Shoei probably has the best stock available in NZ. Warehouses in US and Europe have a market of over 300 million people. NZ has a market of 4 million.

Bike
    I had the people at Bayride order in the Brigand colour in XS so I could take a look at it. It's hard to tell from pictures if it's going to look great, or just cheesy. In the end I bought it (and a dark visor) - I still prefer Terminus (I like a bit of white/colour offset) but I'm pleased with the graphic, and with the helmet.

Now I just hope I did the right thing with sizing - the helmet's very tight at the moment, so I bought it with the hope it'd loosen off over time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XIVbxrxl.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	307004

Bike
    Is it bad customer service or is just needy whiny customers?

Not trying to wind you up but after a few of these threads of yours....if you want everything in stock all the time on the off chance you'll buy it and want to pay bottom dollar for it when you do, it ain't ever going to happen. Fact of life.
    Suck it up and buy it whichever way suits you best. Problem solved, theatrics avoided

And Merry Christmas The one you got looks sweet.

[/rant]

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    why does it not surprise me your head is XS.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    That looks cool.

The reality is NZ will not stock huge volumes of each or even all the available sizes and graphics. Simple volume arithmetic.

Me - I'm a excellent HJC fit, but I am artistic (some would claim autistic ......) and graphics are important once I determine the lid I desire so I've purchased the last two offshore solely to have distinct graphics not available in NZ

PS - my heads a LARGE. So my brain must be bigger..........

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Is it bad customer service or is just needy whiny customers?

Not trying to wind you up but after a few of these threads of yours....if you want everything in stock all the time on the off chance you'll buy it and want to pay bottom dollar for it when you do, it ain't ever going to happen. Fact of life.
    Suck it up and buy it whichever way suits you best. Problem solved, theatrics avoided

And Merry Christmas The one you got looks sweet.

[/rant]
    Excuse me cunt? Two threats, one about bars and one about the helmet. In not even asking for store stock, just lead times better than I can air freight from overseas myself. And bottom dollar? In both cases I was fully prepared to pay inflated NZ prices. I just spent $950 on a helmet for fucks sake.

But yeah go ahead and call me a whining customer - you must be a New Zealand retailer with your complete lack of customer tact and general uselessness.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Excuse me cunt? Two threats, one about bars and one about the helmet. In not even asking for store stock, just lead times better than I can air freight from overseas myself. And bottom dollar? In both cases I was fully prepared to pay inflated NZ prices. I just spent $950 on a helmet for fucks sake.

But yeah go ahead and call me a whining customer - you must be a New Zealand retailer with your complete lack of customer tact and general uselessness.
    Dear diary...

No need to throw your toys out of the cot anytime you can't get what you want straight away without a wait or realizing airfreight isn't free is all I'm saying.
    Yay for consumerism...not.

Thread Information