Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electrified tank bags

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepLogic View Post
    When I was looking into adding an accessory socket Powerlet seemed to be the most used and a number of bike brands(BMW for example) use Powerlet plugs & connectors so there is a lot of compatible accessories. I also think the plug is covered by an industry standard bu I don't have that link handy at the moment.

One significant plus of using these sockets over a standard lighter socket is that they are designed to prevent water ingress. My experience in the rain has been good in that regard. Inside the tank bag I use a SAE cable that has a 12V standard lighter socket.

Everything except the socket on the bike uses SAE cables which I needed as the location where I mounter the socket it exposed (I only needed one weather proof Powerlet socket). It's a lot easier to mount the Powerlet socket on the bike than somehow mounting a SAE plug in weather proof location. Likewise a standard 12V lighter socket would also need to be mounter in a weather proof location.

I've attached a pic of the socket on my bike.
    yes thanks for that the powerlet is actually compatible to DIN single pole plug as per the link in my edit.I am gonna use some of them in my 4wd as they are more secure than cig sockets

ps you need to rotate the socket a bit so the pin aligns with the panel gap

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Just a brief update, I bought the Givi XS308 bag (suited to steeply sloping tanks) and Revzilla got it here in 6 days from start of shipping

Mounting is straight forward (although provided instructions are limited). Use an adapter ring suited to your bike, replace the standard surround, drop bag onto ring. Clearance with bars is a headache though, I know why I tried to avoid one for so long. It fouls accessories on both sides of the bars, but I've removed some to give most of my steering lock back.

Haven't done anything on the electrification part, that's all future proofing type stuff, I can see the outlet in the bag front centre, will think about wiring stuff later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information