Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ART Day, 15 February 2015

Bike
    Gixxer k7 track bike, SuperDuke Custom
    Blog Entries

ART Day, 15 February 2015

Calling everyone that wants to have fun whilst getting better at riding. From the novice that has never been near a race track (Group 1) to the fast road rider that wants to learn some advanced skills (Group 3) to those just wanting to practice before the next race (Group 4), ART days rock.

Advanced Rider Training days are run by AMCC and have been so for many many years. They are a learning event with some very experienced instructors on site running a controlled fun day without zero tolerance radar traps. The goal is for you to have safe fun whilst learning and advancing your skills to become a safer, smoother and more in control rider.

We run these days pretty much at break even, pouring a huge amount of donated time, tires, bikes and petrol into the event for you by our members who volunteer their efforts. The instructors have huge amounts of experience and on average we have a very low ratio of participants to instructors. There is no better place to learn skills in a safe environment, because our members are volunteering their time we have been able to run these events and provide the absolute best experience and instruction at a ridiculously low price (roughly the same as a normal track day without full marshalls, safety or dozens of instructors, each with years of experience)

Search these forums or ask about, this is an experience worth doing and you will come away having learnt so much with a smile on your face. We have an enormous percentage of repeat attendees which I think says the most about what they get out of the events.

Feb 15th is the last one for this year and this year we have struggled to break even!!!! Guys we need you to support these events if you want them to continue. Feb is almost guaranteed to be hot and dry and a fantastic day.

Get your entries in as early as possible, support ART Days and keep this experience rolling both for you and for every rider you know that SHOULD be getting this experience.

Entry forms can be found on our website along with lots of information about the events.

Come on, you have the might of AMCC working for YOU.. all you need to do is get enough of you and your mates to take advantage of our members generosity and we can keep these events running.
    Everyone has an opinion.. mine can be found here Riding Articles

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I shall be there.

Holding fast riders up since way back.

Bike
    2015 Striple 675
    Quote Originally Posted by OutForADuck View Post
    They are a learning event with some very experienced instructors on site running a controlled fun day without zero tolerance radar traps.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do you mean about the radar traps?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevee2 View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do you mean about the radar traps?

We don't have speed limits on the race track, although we are careful to ensure new riders or smaller bikes are not out with the fast guys

Bike
    1988 M17 CBR250R Honda
    Actually rather keen... just need to find a back protector...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi-on-wheels View Post
    Actually rather keen... just need to find a back protector...
    Kiwi, we have a limited number that we lend out so if you are quick getting your entry in just note you need one and Colleen will let you know if we have any left.

Good to see you out there.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    These are really worth doing. I was a bit meh before I did my first one. Now I cant stand to miss one.

Its not about racing or going fast. Its about learning to be smooth.

There may be a special rider in Group 1 If I can get the bike finished in time.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    These are really worth doing. I was a bit meh before I did my first one. Now I cant stand to miss one.

Its not about racing or going fast. Its about learning to be smooth.

There may be a special rider in Group 1 If I can get the bike finished in time.

Mate does that mean what I think it means? How cool would that be!!!!!

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by OutForADuck View Post
    Mate does that mean what I think it means? How cool would that be!!!!!
    I know. Just going out to start on a handle bar shifter for it. Was thinking I could sit behind her if it does happen as she wont be fast yet so as to not tie up one of the marshalls.

Better get to it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Street Tripe R 15
    Haven't really done one of these before, pretty keen to go
    Will be getting a few mates to come with, looking forward to it.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barend View Post
    Haven't really done one of these before, pretty keen to go
    Will be getting a few mates to come with, looking forward to it.
    Barend, you'll have a ball. The experience of NZSpokes is the norm, we have so many riders come back again and again as they realise learning and getting better can be so much fun!!!

We are driving these along, especially for the last one because we need to show that they can be run without loosing money or we will loose them... Get those entries in fast and keep prodding your mates, they will thank you for it believe me

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Just in case your not sure about doing an ART Day... listen to some of those that have

ART Feedback

Comments and feedback from the Advanced Rider Training Days:
    “As a beginner to track days I must say I am very impressed by such a professionally organised event. In particular I got great value out of the track walk and attending a brief after each session”.

“The theory at the track is great, tho I wasn’t with group1. However I remember the first theory session I went to very well because i was way out of my comfort zone and even kinda scared.

I needed to hear three things (and i did)

1. It wasn't a race

2. There would be staggered starts. so we weren't all going to tear off in a mad bunch

3. No passing the marshalls for the first 2 laps because I was afraid I'd be slow I would have gone out like a bat out of hell right from the start. To find we would be lead out for the warm up laps was a relief.

This calm careful approach is what makes the day safe and is the reason I keep coming back”.

“ I had a wonderful day and I think what makes it, is the personal commitment and open communication from the Instructors in making sure your happy and building your skills. I had Instructors offer to follow them to see the lines and then follow to me to see how well I applied it, and other times your not even aware they are doing this until they catch up with after the session and let you know where they think your at and what can be improved. Being in the novice category this type of training gives you the ability to able to test the limits with your bike and yourself in the safest possible environment….as I get older I don’t want to hurt myself anymore! I am now riding with a heap more confidence which is grounded in a sound base and not just bravado as before.”

“Really enjoyed my first ever track day @ Puke on Sat! The instructors were fantastic - what a positive bunch of guys! totally encouraging especially to a new boy feeling very nervous and out of his depth.

Felt totally different at the end of the day and now looking forward to April 18! The weather and organisation was exceptional so thank you all.”

“We had a ball at the art day. I never thought ART could be so much fun”

"Just thought I’d write a short thank you, learning has never been so enjoyable.

After only 3 years on the road, learning from instructors with so much experience made attending the novice course a must for all new riders.

I have already been applying techniques such as breaking, cornering, smoothness, throttle control to the road and it has improved my abilities after a single session, which is testament to the great instructors you have.

Looking forward to attending further courses, would like it to rain next time though as I need to build up confidence and learn techniques for winter riding."

Bike
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory
    Just registered and looking forward to it.

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    I'm in. Should be fun. Have been wanting to do an ART day for ages.
    ---------------------------
    Disclaimer: Any lapses in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
    ---------------------------

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashopper View Post
    I'm in. Should be fun. Have been wanting to do an ART day for ages.
    Tiz great fun.

Thread Information