Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyosung Cup track bike?

Bike
    A rough 2007 Hornet 900

Hyosung Cup track bike?

Hello Guys,

Ive been riding for a couple of years now and I have had two little gt250r's and a Suzuki Bandit 1200. I have no bike at the moment however I am interested in buying a GT250R and using it for novice track days and then eventually entering the Hyo cup. I've done a bit of research on the topic but I'd be interested to hear from someone who is in the cup on how easy it is to get in (limited to 35 riders from what I've read) and any other general advice.

I've never ridden on the track before. Cheers for any help in advance.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi Bandit View Post
    Hello Guys,

Ive been riding for a couple of years now and I have had two little gt250r's and a Suzuki Bandit 1200. I have no bike at the moment however I am interested in buying a GT250R and using it for novice track days and then eventually entering the Hyo cup. I've done a bit of research on the topic but I'd be interested to hear from someone who is in the cup on how easy it is to get in (limited to 35 riders from what I've read) and any other general advice.

Give Ken a call at Hyosung Takapuna I'm sure he can answer any questions for you. I had a few friends who competed in this cup and said it was great fun.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250

Bike
    I just lost count
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    I haven't been able to figure at step three either. But god dam I wish I could

For the record Qkkid was in my bed, not the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Pumba is a wise man.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Hello Guys,

Just what post #2 says mate, ring him direct, it is easy to get involved in a starter fun class like that one is
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    ...., it is easy to get involved in a starter fun class like that one is

Well, you would think that, but it has become apparent that we (Motrcycle Racers / Clubs) seem to be really rubbish of laying a pathway for new people to get involved.

I'm not taking anything away from the Hyosung cup, that class has done/ is doing a fantastic job.

What I am really saying is your average road rider who rocks up to a track one meeting (Yup, I know there would have to be ana audience first) would find it difficult to make the next step and start racing.

Yeah, you can say all you like about there is information all over the internet, but really you need t oknow where to start looking before you can find that too!
    Even when you do, it isn't that easy!
    At the moment almost every single one of you reading this are already involved, so it is easy to find stuff.

Another avenue is Track Days, but then do we actually coerse people to bring their bikes to a race meeting from there?
    Well, to be totally honest you are likely to get more track time if you just do a Track Day.... BUT that isn't why I race...

Personally for me, I was introduced to the race scene by a coupe of mates. The same for them, but what if you want to race and none of your mates are already racing?

Not haveing a go at Shaun at all, it is just his comment reminded me of something that has been bugging me for a while.
    Yeah, I know I am in a position to help change it all... AND I fully intend to!

PM me with ideas if you have any, I am all for constructive stuff.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    Well, you would think that, but it has become apparent that we (Motrcycle Racers / Clubs) seem to be really rubbish of laying a pathway for new people to get involved.

I'm not taking anything away from the Hyosung cup, that class has done/ is doing a fantastic job.

What I am really saying is your average road rider who rocks up to a track one meeting (Yup, I know there would have to be ana audience first) would find it difficult to make the next step and start racing.

Yeah, you can say all you like about there is information all over the internet, but really you need t oknow where to start looking before you can find that too!
    Even when you do, it isn't that easy!
    At the moment almost every single one of you reading this are already involved, so it is easy to find stuff.

Another avenue is Track Days, but then do we actually coerse people to bring their bikes to a race meeting from there?
    Well, to be totally honest you are likely to get more track time if you just do a Track Day.... BUT that isn't why I race...

Personally for me, I was introduced to the race scene by a coupe of mates. The same for them, but what if you want to race and none of your mates are already racing?

Not haveing a go at Shaun at all, it is just his comment reminded me of something that has been bugging me for a while.
    Yeah, I know I am in a position to help change it all... AND I fully intend to!

PM me with ideas if you have any, I am all for constructive stuff.

will do buddy, good on ya
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    A rough 2007 Hornet 900
    Hello all,

I've been and looked at a track prepped Hyo 250 and all going well I'll be looking to purchase it next week.

However I don't have leathers (I ride in textile gear usually) and I understand these are a condition of entry to the track?

Could anyone recommend me something.

I really need so,e new boots too.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Hello all,

I've been and looked at a track prepped Hyo 250 and all going well I'll be looking to purchase it next week.

However I don't have leathers (I ride in textile gear usually) and I understand these are a condition of entry to the track?

Could anyone recommend me something.

I really need so,e new boots too.

Thanks in advance.

www.1tonne.co.nz EXELLENT cheap quality gear. My suit is made by them as per the boots I use, when I get on tracks.

Re the race prepped bike you may purchase, I reccomend that you log onto the www.mnz.co.nz web site and go to the racing section, then go to the rules section, and look for rules re bike condition preperation prior to going to any event, to confirm the bike is built to the SAFETY spec reqd.

Face book has a section called New Zealand motorcycle parts buy and exchange on it, in there there are a lot of racers that do posts in it, as this site has died big time with Solo racers and input for people like you. On face book you can also link into NZSBK2015 where you can post and get replies also probally.

You can email me direct if you wish any more help to get going safely

Have you joined a motorcycle club yet? as you will need to be a club member before you can apply for a www.mnz.co.nz race licence if you wish to compete regually. Most club evets do ONE DAY licences thogh, that you can just turn up on the day and pay for on the spot.
    Last edited by Shaun Harris; 25th January 2015 at 11:31.
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    A rough 2007 Hornet 900
    Cheers for that, the bike is 95% of the way there as far as passing scrutineering according to the HYO cup rules, but I'll check out the link you shared also. And I haven't joined a club, but from what I've seen the HYO CUP recommend joining the AMCC as you get a discount for track entry on cup days. Getting a licence seems like it would be the next logical step.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Cheers for that, the bike is 95% of the way there as far as passing scrutineering according to the HYO cup rules, but I'll check out the link you shared also. And I haven't joined a club, but from what I've seen the HYO CUP recommend joining the AMCC as you get a discount for track entry on cup days. Getting a licence seems like it would be the next logical step.

Yep, join the AMCC as they have lots of in house meetings and run track day training events, so perfect for you in Auckland

Kiwi Graham on here is heavily involved with the AMCC club, so PM him also if you need more info re the club itself
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    A rough 2007 Hornet 900
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    Yep, join the AMCC as they have lots of in house meetings and run track day training events, so perfect for you in Auckland

Kiwi Graham on here is heavily involved with the AMCC club, so PM him also if you need more info re the club itself
    Will do, what's involved in getting a licence?

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Will do, what's involved in getting a licence?

Get club membership first, then log onto www.mnz.co.nz SEARCH hard for licence application details, down load and pay and bobs your uncle, licence will be in the post with 1-2 weeks normally
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    A rough 2007 Hornet 900
    Thanks for all the help Moto-Dynamix. I was expecting it to have a theory component similar to yacht racing or something haha. I'll have a look around. Also, that gear site you shared is CHEAP!

Bike
    A rough 2007 Hornet 900
    I see there is a small theory test. But nothing too difficult looking at it.

Thread Information