Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: MAG NZ Taking Action

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Open debate is good, and what MAG needs for direction from bikers.
    With that said I don't think they have ever held themselves up to represent all bikers??
    They are an action group protesting issues that concern bikers as in MAG?

With that I'll retire for a while and let others have some input!
    Its not my show after all and have said enough at this time.
    Cannot bling for whatever reason... Enjoyed your posts.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Interesting the Sideswipe article

If I were MAG - I would be getting in touch with the Herald in order to get an Article written about this - putting through details around the protest AND advertising for the next protest
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I like some of the comments down the bottom

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11380375

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Open debate is good, and what MAG needs for direction from bikers.
    With that said I don't think they have ever held themselves up to represent all bikers??
    They are an action group protesting issues that concern bikers as in MAG?

With that I'll retire for a while and let others have some input!
    Its not my show after all and have said enough at this time.
    Yes, I've made my point too so I'll probably follow suit for a while although with one last thought on the subject.

...Whether they hold themselves up to represent all bikers or not (and I know this is something Madness specifically accused them of). Their actions or the perception of the action do reflect on all bikers just as my CBD to Glenfield commute probably gives some other north shorers a particular perception of 'bikers'

It would be a shame if the good will of joe public was erroded by small scale actions/annoyances before (if) it reaches some sort of critical mass whereby there was enough bikers for them to have to take notice....

Maybe??/ I think

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    I like some of the comments down the bottom

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11380375
    Cheers Murray this was interesting

Damn Good point here to

Hmm. ACC levies are higher for motorcyclists because user pays - motorbike related injuries cost more than car-related injuries. Yet alcohol-related injuries cost more than car-related injures thank to their sheer volume, and let's not forget that many of the worst vehicle injuries are related to alcohol as well.

So if it's user pays, where is the ACC levy on alcohol?

but this doesn't make sense to me??

"In 2013, 39 motorcyclists1 died and a further 1,188 were injured in road crashes. This was 15 percent of all deaths and 10 percent of all reported injuries on our roads."

Therefore the ACC rego charges don't add up??
    If we are 15% of all deaths and 10% injuries of the total?
    Quote from the Q&A add to this 33% Multi vehicle, motorcyclist primary responsibility
    so of the 15% we are 33% at fault, so 33% of 15% total = 4.95% if you allocate risk/responsibility for fixing bikers where the accident is their fault.

So that means we are 5% at fault of the total accidents why are we paying 100% more than a car in rego?
    Duh Have I got that right??
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triple Delight

If I were MAG - I would be getting in touch with the Herald in order to get an Article written about this - putting through details around the protest AND advertising for the next protest
    There is a shed load more involved in getting Press interested in something like this. Matthew Dearnely is a great reporter, but if it is not news it is not worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Anyone know about the one in the 70's referred to??
    The way I heard it in the late '80s it was about the Auckland council by-law that stated only one motorcycle per parking space was allowed i.e. no multiple parking. It didn't take long after all the Auckland CBD spaces were taken up by motorcycles on a Friday night (no weekend shopping then) to have the bylaw repealed.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    If I were MAG - I would be getting in touch with the Herald in order to get an Article written about this
    MAG did contact the Herald and the lovely minister of ACC. There is a lot going on behind the scenes. It appears at the moment we are too small in number and not annoying enough despite what some say on here. The police were called and they even said we were doing nothing illegal.....so why do people get soooooo worked up about it

We get there early and encourage everyone to have breakfast to prevent loss of business to the local cafes. As well as having people handing out leaflets and explaining why we are there.

I am definitely taking all suggestions back to the team. Thank you for your input and I appreciate those that have taken time to offer constructive criticism or considered opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
    MAG did contact the Herald and the lovely minister of ACC. There is a lot going on behind the scenes. It appears at the moment we are too small in number and not annoying enough despite what some say on here. The police were called and they even said we were doing nothing illegal.....so why do people get soooooo worked up about it

We get there early and encourage everyone to have breakfast to prevent loss of business to the local cafes. As well as having people handing out leaflets and explaining why we are there.

I am definitely taking all suggestions back to the team. Thank you for your input and I appreciate those that have taken time to offer constructive criticism or considered opinion.
    park down the main street of Paeroa early on sunday morning.

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    park down the main street of Paeroa early on sunday morning.
    I will see you there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post

Such a shame some people can't see further than the end of their noses.

Good work MAG, keep on keeping on

Too Fat To Ride Slim

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    Such a shame some people can't see further than the end of their noses.
    ...Such a shame you couldnt let it go and had to have the final condescending word...

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckylegs View Post
    ...Such a shame you couldnt let it go and had to have the final condescending word...
    Read what MD said, it's got nothing to do with having 'the last word', I was agreeing with the sentiment.

Too Fat To Ride Slim

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    Read what MD said, it's got nothing to do with having 'the last word', I was agreeing with the sentiment.
    I read what Mad Duck said and thought it a reasonable and informative post - They usually are! All you had to offer on the other hand was a dig at people who dont share your views.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    I read what Mad Duck said and thought it a reasonable and informative post - They usually are! All you had to offer on the other hand was a dig at people who dont share your views.
    ditto I think

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Thread Information