Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MAG NZ Taking Action

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Same old, same old, knockers and self pitying low life's in ere I see.
    All protest groups have to start somewhere, these guys and girls believe that what they are doing will make a difference, so they get out there and they do shit.
    It might be shit to some, but who the fuck are you to tell them not to because it hurts your sensibilities.
    Don't like what MAG is doing, fine, join up, get involved take them in the direction you want them to go, that is making a difference!
    Trouble is the knockers and the nee Sayers are too wrapped up in the I and the need to keep a low profile in case they can't ride their precious bike on the weekend.
    Good on you for trying FM, but as usual there are more scardey cats in these forums than people with the fortitude to go and get stuck in, present company excepted Maha, we're dun and while I might not be a flag waving Yellow eyed MAG rider I do still support the concept and the basic philosophy.
    If you knockers really wanted to do something constructive, instead of calling people who are at least doing something, names, then go give it a go, like I said above, join, take it the way you want, see what happens.
    If you can't offer constructive advise/criticism, then just move along and let these people who ride motorcycles get on with what they are doing and god knows one of these days you might find yourself parking your bike in a single car park, Heaven Forbid, it's too scary! It is however nothing less than it should be, we pay far more than any other road user, why should we have to cram into a space and watch some dick run into the first bike and take em all out????????
    You could even find yourself explaining to car and other road users why motorcyclists are pissed off and why they want a fair go from govt.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    You could even find yourself explaining to car and other road users why some motorcyclists are pissed off and why they want a fair go from govt.
    As a motorcyclist I'm not that pissed about the way I'm being treated by government, in fact I'm quite neutral about it all (read; I don't give a fuck). I am pissed off that I seem to be repeatedly being represented as a motorcyclist by a narrow group of do-gooders that quite frankly achieve fuck all but pissing off the odd noddy who simply wants to park their car or 4WD which, if a diesel, costs as much in rego as a bike FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by caseye
    we pay far more than any other road user..
    Bullshit.
    http://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicle/regi...sing/fees.html

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    You could even find yourself explaining to car and other road users why motorcyclists are pissed off and why they want a fair go from govt.
    What about those of us who don't believe we aren't getting a "fair go from govt"? How about saving up some goodwill for when we have a general grievance, instead of squandering the image of motorcycling on petty bullshit?

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Like I said I'm not involved with MAG this time around, just trying to give them a bit of publicity over and above the Church of Facebook. Like it or lump it I suppose

Too Fat To Ride Slim

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Move along it is not 1975 any more and a motorcycle is a luxury plaything and charged accordingly.
    Speak for yourself. My bike is my primary transport. The luxury is all the wimps in cars parked up waiting to use the Auckland motorway.

You're obviously one of the ignorant masses that's completely missed the point of ACC.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    a red heap
    fuck facebook, it just reinforces my belief that motorcycling has become a fashion accessory for fags.

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    fuck facebook, it just reinforces my belief that motorcycling has become a fashion accessory for fags.
    Said that to myself a few times after seeing some of the crap these Facebook bikers get into. Still, each to their own

Too Fat To Ride Slim

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    Said that to myself a few times after seeing some of the crap these Facebook bikers get into. Still, each to their own

Too Fat To Ride Slim

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Perhaps they could start by renaming themselves MAG Club, as they seem to have no names or profile yet wish to represent NZ.

Probably best they start with a meeting to actually get a profile.

But really is taking car spaces the best they can come up with?

http://www.mag-nz-org/
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    That's more like it. I don't agree that motorcycling has turned into a fashion thing, just that some people with bikes spend more time updating statuses on Facebook on a ride than actually riding, and get all bent out of shape if no one 'likes' it. Hence my attempt to spread the word of MAG past that media and into a forum for bikers rather than fucking huggers

Too Fat To Ride Slim

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    OK Volty, I hear you, but I also hear ol FM here who was once involved with MAG, as I was, we both know how hard it is to get established and how so much time is wasted responding to frivolous stuff that "I don't want to get involved, butt!" types throw up at you.
    Hence my request, constructive criticism, yeas, mouth exercising for the sake of hearing your own voice, Na!
    Come on KB.
    Prove we aren't all fuckwits who simply can't wait to put someone else down.
    Ideas, thoughts, good or bad it's OK, but please try to put it in such a way that it doesn't leave us here fighting each other instead of the govt/acc.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    OK Volty, I hear you, but I also hear ol FM here who was once involved with MAG, as I was, we both know how hard it is to get established and how so much time is wasted responding to frivolous stuff that "I don't want to get involved, butt!" types throw up at you.
    Hence my request, constructive criticism, yeas, mouth exercising for the sake of hearing your own voice, Na!
    Come on KB.
    Prove we aren't all fuckwits who simply can't wait to put someone else down.
    Ideas, thoughts, good or bad it's OK, but please try to put it in such a way that it doesn't leave us here fighting each other instead of the govt/acc.
    What he said.....

Too Fat To Ride Slim

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    I am not against the idea of raising awareness of the differences in ACC charges across the various licences for motor vehicles, however I am not sure that what is being suggested is the most appropriate method.

If MAGs were protesting against some form of restriction on motorbike parking then putting one bike in each parking space could be an effective way to convey the message. But this message is about inequality, or possible perceived inequality, of a charge on the annual licence fee for motorbikes. I am not sure what would be a better method, but I do have reservations about what is being suggested as I think it may further distance motorists rather than encourage their support.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    What a bunch of cunts.
    The general car-parking public of Devenport will probably put it exactly as I did so why try to sugar coat it?

I see you still haven't commented on the fact that large diesel passenger vehicles currently cost more to licence than a large capacity motorcycle. I suppose that kind of detracts from the "hero" nature of what MAG are trying to achieve, huh?

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    I am not against the idea of raising awareness of the differences in ACC charges across the various licences for motor vehicles, however I am not sure that what is being suggested is the most appropriate method.

If MAGs were protesting against some form of restriction on motorbike parking then putting one bike in each parking space could be an effective way to convey the message. But this message is about inequality, or possible perceived inequality, of a charge on the annual licence fee for motorbikes. I am not sure what would be a better method, but I do have reservations about what is being suggested as I think it may further distance motorists rather than encourage their support.
    we should have a ride to parliament

Thread Information