Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MAG NZ Taking Action

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    I'm kinda shitty my bike is now classified as learner safe (not my specific one, obviously), but also powerful enough to get charged the higher levy.

But then I kinda remember I don't bother paying it, and start thinking about buying a 750 with the savings.

Life is good
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    OK Volty, I hear you, but I also hear ol FM here who was once involved with MAG, as I was, we both know how hard it is to get established and how so much time is wasted responding to frivolous stuff that "I don't want to get involved, butt!" types throw up at you.
    Hence my request, constructive criticism, yeas, mouth exercising for the sake of hearing your own voice, Na!
    Come on KB.
    Prove we aren't all fuckwits who simply can't wait to put someone else down.
    Ideas, thoughts, good or bad it's OK, but please try to put it in such a way that it doesn't leave us here fighting each other instead of the govt/acc.
    I thought we had BRONZ?
    how many organisations do motorcyclists need, I'm already a member of 2.
    I do wonder why in such a small place you need to duplicate.
    " bleedin' splitters"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE
    Can't say bike rego features high on my list of worries these days, despite paying for 3 at full whack.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I thought we had BRONZ?
    how many organisations do motorcyclists need, I'm already a member of 2.
    I do wonder why in such a small place you need to duplicate.
    " bleedin' splitters"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE
    Can't say bike rego features high on my list of worries these days, despite paying for 3 at full whack.
    Excellent point mate, it really boils down to who is doing what I suppose. I may not agree with the MAG approach at the moment but it IS raising awareness to some degree so its better than nothing. My whole point is widening their support group.
    From what I see, the Facebook page is all 'well done' and 'your great' and 'have a fucking hug' and all that. What I have read here is some real questions that they need to answer so that they can rally the support, but how do you rally it when everyone is blowing smoke up your arse...???
    Thats why I wanted to throw the event on here hoping that it would throw some more support their way from a REAL biker website, and hoping that those that attended came back with some positive words on what they are doing.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Same old, same old, knockers and self pitying low life's in ere I see.
    All protest groups have to start somewhere, these guys and girls believe that what they are doing will make a difference, so they get out there and they do shit.
    It might be shit to some, but who the fuck are you to tell them not to because it hurts your sensibilities.
    Don't like what MAG is doing, fine, join up, get involved take them in the direction you want them to go, that is making a difference!
    Trouble is the knockers and the nee Sayers are too wrapped up in the I and the need to keep a low profile in case they can't ride their precious bike on the weekend.
    Good on you for trying FM, but as usual there are more scardey cats in these forums than people with the fortitude to go and get stuck in, present company excepted Maha, we're dun and while I might not be a flag waving Yellow eyed MAG rider I do still support the concept and the basic philosophy.
    If you knockers really wanted to do something constructive, instead of calling people who are at least doing something, names, then go give it a go, like I said above, join, take it the way you want, see what happens.
    If you can't offer constructive advise/criticism, then just move along and let these people who ride motorcycles get on with what they are doing and god knows one of these days you might find yourself parking your bike in a single car park, Heaven Forbid, it's too scary! It is however nothing less than it should be, we pay far more than any other road user, why should we have to cram into a space and watch some dick run into the first bike and take em all out????????
    You could even find yourself explaining to car and other road users why motorcyclists are pissed off and why they want a fair go from govt.
    IMO time would be better spent trying to get riders some decent training so riders stop falling off and needing ACC. If motorcyclists ACC usage were to drop then we would have a real argument for a levy drop.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Doing things is discouraged, apparently.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    IMO time would be better spent trying to get riders some decent training so riders stop falling off and needing ACC. If motorcyclists ACC usage were to drop then we would have a real argument for a levy drop.
    While this may be true, have you ever tried to herd cats?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    yes.

...with a .22, works a charm.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    No different to trying to get riders to a protest.

Bike
    Mine
    Exactly. As is trying to get a disparate group of individuals to do anything in a concerted manner.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Piece of piss, I managed to get just over 300 bikes on a protest ride the week before Bikeoi 09' but like I said earlier, the subject was HOT ....then.

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Piece of piss, I managed to get just over 300 bikes on a protest ride the week before Bikeoi 09' but like I said earlier, the subject was HOT ....then.
    Yep and we also got 300+ bikes to the MAG launch.....because we told bikers about it, not Facebookers.

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    Yep and we also got 300+ bikes to the MAG launch.....because we told bikers about it, not Facebookers.
    That was the original MAG launch at Drury in 2009, not the new MAG.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Yes Mark, and it was all over inside 12 months. Once the idea of actually getting out there and stirring it up was was thrown around, it became clear that 50% of those directly involved wanted nothing to do with that side of it.

What I have seen so far of this MAG, is a mirrored by what what was done first time around, park up/leaflet drop (which we did at Paeroa) There is only so much of that naffing around coffee stops that paid members will take, that was real evident in 2010.

Anne left our annual holiday to appear on TV up against Gareth Morgan, doubt we will see commitment of that nature this time.

Bikers failed to capitalize on what had been done in 09' when the subject was HOT. Five years on the subject is less than tepid and clearly Kiwibiker seems less than impressed with it....now.

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Yes Mark, and it was all over inside 12 months. Once the idea of actually getting out there and stirring it up was was thrown around, it became clear that 50% of those directly involved wanted nothing to do with that side of it.

What I have seen so far of this MAG, is a mirrored by what what was done first time around, park up/leaflet drop (which we did at Paeroa) There is only so much of that naffing around coffee stops that paid members will take, that was real evident in 2010.

Anne left our annual holiday to appear on TV up against Gareth Morgan, doubt we will see commitment of that nature this time.

Bikers failed to capitalize on what had been done in 09' when the subject was HOT. Five years on the subject is less than tepid and clearly Kiwibiker seems less than impressed with it....now.
    fair point mate but we had a go didnt we...

These guys are having a go, no harm in offering help to lift the profile....I might even get a 'like'....

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Indeed, as we did for the Wire Rope Barrier campaign, but that too became a tired drag to most.

Thread Information