Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Learning from accidents

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    ... would a loud pipe be effective too?
    NO ... Hit the button and they're looking for the Mack truck. They don't hear loud exhausts until you've past them ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    NO ... Hit the button and they're looking for the Mack truck. They don't hear loud exhausts until you've past them ...
    wont see a mack truck if its just little old me, i wont register in their tiny self centered minds.
    but this exhaust they are looking for a harley or too.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    wont see a mack truck if its just little old me ...
    Trust me ... they WILL be looking for one.

THEM LOOKING ... is a start.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Trust me ... they WILL be looking for one.

THEM LOOKING ... is a start.
    that might be applicable for those residents below Bombay Hills and above Albany.

Most aucklanders act like those animals you see tied up on the side of the road. If they ignore or turn away and ignore things around them, then they wont be affected.

If I cant see them, then nothing can happen to me. Its related to not getting involved.

When I was in USA, I noticed it was frowned upon if you looked directly at other drivers, they took it as imtimidation esp in LA. just saying. People told me we had the attitude the states had in the fifties, a friendly place but I think akl is changing for the worse.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    that might be applicable for those residents below Bombay Hills and above Albany.

Most aucklanders act like those animals you see tied up on the side of the road. If they ignore or turn away and ignore things around them, then they wont be affected.

If I cant see them, then nothing can happen to me. Its related to not getting involved.

When I was in USA, I noticed it was frowned upon if you looked directly at other drivers, they took it as imtimidation esp in LA. just saying. People told me we had the attitude the states had in the fifties, a friendly place but I think akl is changing for the worse.
    Down here (apart from a few tourists) we know every body. If we want to overtake them ... we just ring them and ask them to move over to the left a little.

It's worked well so far ...

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Down here (apart from a few tourists) we know every body. If we want to overtake them ... we just ring them and ask them to move over to the left a little.

It's worked well so far ...
    sounds like the south i remember, so your still on the old party phone lines eh?

must remember to ring ahead when i come down that way again.

but you wouldnt hear me over the exhaust

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    sounds like the south i remember, so your still on the old party phone lines eh?

must remember to ring ahead when i come down that way again.

but you wouldnt hear me over the exhaust
    Nah ... we have our own individual numbers ... but those 5 digit numbers are hard to memorize ...

You won't need my number ... just ring. Everybody knows me.

It's ok ... I'll see your headlight ...

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Nah ... we have our own individual numbers ... but those 5 digit numbers are hard to memorize ...

You won't need my number ... just ring. Everybody knows me.

It's ok ... I'll see your headlight ...
    individual numbers must have improve a bit. dont have 5 digit nos any more, bugger i remember 8 digit ones. Seem to remember 4 digit ones too

Remember being shown around Hamilton Main? Telephone exchange as they were in the process of updating the phone relays to fully computerised ones with complete mirrored backup - how time flies.....

You will see headlightS plural and hear exhaust, you might not see me though not enough hi vis.

Is it possible to ride in Paradise in late Autumn/Winter? - It only seems to snow up here once every few years, well it was a very light snow fall, which had everyone else panicing

I have learnt in very windy condtions (wind shifted me in an instant(very short time period) from one lane to another) to try and avoid blustery conditions

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Akzle,dont waste your time,i have you on ignore and cant see or dont read your posts...and shit

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Akzle,dont waste your time,i have you on ignore and cant see or dont read your posts...and shit
    eat a dick, old nigger. like fuck i've ever posted anything for YOUR benefit.

like it's a fucking badge of honor to have me on ignore? join the fucking club, they meet on thursdays and have ham and cucumber sammies, so i'm told.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Guys on here say they ignore my posts too but if that was the case they would not keep replying as if we would give a fuck anyway eh.
    we? there's no we, white fulla.

Bike
    2019. Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor

countersteer etc...........

Quote Originally Posted by samgab View Post
    It's true, but you don't have time to consciously decide to do it, eg: "Oh, I'm sliding, right, what am I supposed to do in this situation? Oh yes, steer into the slide -- or was that steer where I want to go..."
    That's why I stand by the idea of practising on crappy old farm bikes or trail bikes on paddocks or private dirt roads or whatever. Or cheap bikes at track days I suppose too. You kind of get a feel for what to do, and it's instinctive and muscle memory rather than conscious thought. And you'll have a few offs while playing before you get it, it doesn't usually happen naturally first time. You don't want that first few times to be on the road with possible oncoming cars and trees and fences etc all about.
    But avoiding a slide, skid, or any sort of loss of traction in the first place is best on public roads, if at all possible.

Are there any threads about combined rider techniques; such as pressuring the footpegs, countersteering, shifting body position, road position when riding, proper cornering lines, smooth shifting, throttle control, emergency braking, trailing the rear brake, slow riding control/balance, not target fixating but looking at where you want to go, understanding the traction circle, and so on? A thread like that would be useful. So many riders I see on the road don't seem to know about any of those things...
    I have taken a couple of "Pro-rider" courses. These are on road and track based, depending on your current skill level. These have explained a lot of what I do instinctively (on the bike!) and taught me advanced riding skills. Worth a look on their web site.
    Stay safe........

Thread Information