Thread: KTM 450 exc

Bike
    RM250, YZ250(295)

KTM 450 exc

What does anybody think about a 07 KTM 450exc as a motard? I am tossing up between a drz400sm and one of these. The one I am looking at has been really well maintained, with receipts for engine rebuild etc. I will be using it solely for commuting and having fun on the tarmac, have a rm250 for off road stuff. Any opinions appreciated

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Higher maintenance on the more modern KTM but they're a good reliable engine. If you're wanting to take longer rides I'd go for the DR400 and do the usual mods people do to get some extra performance out of it.

Bike
    RM250, YZ250(295)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMasterJ View Post
    Higher maintenance on the more modern KTM but they're a good reliable engine. If you're wanting to take longer rides I'd go for the DR400 and do the usual mods people do to get some extra performance out of it.
    Is that because the dr400 is more comfortable for longer rides or because it can do higher kms with less maintenance?

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Quote Originally Posted by nzpoontang View Post
    Is that because the dr400 is more comfortable for longer rides or because it can do higher kms with less maintenance?
    Both really but the KTM looks far cooler.

Bike
    2008 KTM 450 EXC 6days

late reply

I know this is a very very late reply but just wanted to give u an input on what I think about both as I have owned both Ktm and a DRZ at the same time..KTM is a 450EXC 6days endure model motard and the DRZ is a 2002DRZ 400 dual purpose converted to a Motard

I still have the ktm and not planning to sell it at any point ...KTM is super light and so easy to ride.And its a 6speed.So easy torque and instant pick up with a big sprocket.. and wont scream hard put on motorway.I am currently running a 52 at the rear and it just doing fine..wheelie king,ktm comes with all the good bits like brembo breaks ,hydrolyc clutch and better suspension..etc..only thing is KTM are not cheap and have to maintain with premium stuff ,

So the drz Its a bit heavier that ktm and I just didn't really liked it..prob cz I ride the ktm more.. its a 5 speed and goes well..its good for long rides. ktms good but more sore butt..

Thread Information