Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happened to all the track day threads?

Bike
    Its a Boat

Damianw says

''More than a few riders in NZ and far off places have told me that one days worth of track coaching equates to 5-10 years of road riding experience''

Bullshit
    I have been riding 11 years, all that I have learned could have been done in one track day?.... honestly, what a twat

Bike
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory

Whats happenned to all the track day threads?

So you're in the No camp then?

PS I said track coaching not track day, they ain't the same...

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianW View Post
    So you're in the No camp then?

PS I said track coaching not track day, they ain't the same...
    But you still believe that up to 10 years of road riding experience can be achieved in one coaching session at a track?...
    Think I just found my new sig...

Bike

Whats happenned to all the track day threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    But you still believe that up to 10 years of road riding experience can be achieved in one coaching session at a track?...
    Think I just found my new sig...
    Mate, I haven't said that I believe it. What I said is that others have shared that view. It was more to emphasise the point that some folks believe there is long term benefits to doing the odd session at a track.

Don't know why you're so wound up.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Mate, I haven't said that I believe it. What I said is that others have shared that view. It was more to emphasise the point that some folks believe there is long term benefits to doing the odd session at a track.

Don't know why you're so wound up.
    I am laughing at ya mate, not wound up at all. What you have heard.. couldn't be more wrong and it was foolish to post such a bullshit sentence.
    Who were these ''people'' anyway? any names you can share?

Bike

What's happened to all the track day threads?

Foolish? Thanks for the judgement.

As for substantiating this view.
    One group was here in NZ at two days of CSS I attended last March. More than 90 riders were there and many had ridden countless hundreds of thousands of clicks over their 30+ year riding careers. In every case of those guys they wished they had learned the drills years earlier. Some even went as far to say that they could've have avoided bad crashes if they'd used the techniques taught in the CSS drills.

No worries either way, each to their own and all that.

Of course, you're pre-supposing 11 years experience trumps the combined experience of the CSS coaches, support staff, and erm the sheer number of students attending. Now that's funny...

Bike
    Its a Boat

Of course, you're pre-supposing 11 years experience trumps the combined experience of the CSS coaches, support staff, and erm the sheer number of students attending. Now that's funny...
    Just keep on amusing yourself by making shit up in a lame effort to remedy your previous massive wank statement.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    ''More than a few riders in NZ and far off places have told me that one days worth of track coaching equates to 5-10 years of road riding experience''

Bullshit
    I have been riding 11 years, all that I have learned could have been done in one track day?.... honestly, what a twat
    Thats not what he said if you read your own quote. Yes you learn a lot at a track coaching day.

ART day next Sunday.........

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Foolish? Thanks for the judgement.

As for substantiating this view.
    One group was here in NZ at two days of CSS I attended last March. More than 90 riders were there and many had ridden countless hundreds of thousands of clicks over their 30+ year riding careers. In every case of those guys they wished they had learned the drills years earlier. Some even went as far to say that they could've have avoided bad crashes if they'd used the techniques taught in the CSS drills.

No worries either way, each to their own and all that.

What are the CSS days like? Ive done ART days but not a CSS day.

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    I am laughing at ya mate, not wound up at all. What you have heard.. couldn't be more wrong and it was foolish to post such a bullshit sentence.
    Who were these ''people'' anyway? any names you can share?
    jeez......have you been drinking today Mark?
    you seem a little more confrontational than usual
    I for one would be happy to say that after 30 years of riding i found benefit in doing track days in terms of learning what my bike is capable of with braking,cornering and throttle control
    and it's fucking great fun
    ***** POLITICIANS *****
    People Of Little Integrity Thieving Innocent Citizens Incomes And Need Shooting

*******KASPA*******
    Knavery Artificial Spurious Pretentious Arseholes

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    What are the CSS days like? Ive done ART days but not a CSS day.
    In short, the school is superb.

Here's a link to the CSS UK schools vids showing what you can expect:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...p?p=1130802956

Levels 1 - 4 with each level broken down in to one day drills that are covered individually. Level 1 and 2 covers braking, reference points (3-step), cornering lines,
    throttle control, vision and a heap of theory in between track sessions. Level 3 is mainly focused on body position/bike geometry and level 4 is tailored coaching specific to each rider.

It's a good idea to read through a copy Keith Codes Twist of the Wrist 2 book beforehand. As many of the concepts are covered in his book. The DVD is also on YouTube and a good watch.

March at HD is full but there's a school at Taupo (most likely venue) in November. Will be going back for level 3 and 4 then (was going next month but parent-school-camp-helper commitments got in the way).

In the meantime I'm looking forward to ART next weekend (Group 2). I've heard a lot of good things about how it's run. Will say g'day.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    In short, the school is superb.

Here's a link to the CSS UK schools vids showing what you can expect:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...p?p=1130802956

Levels 1 - 4 with each level broken down in to one day drills that are covered individually. Level 1 and 2 covers braking, reference points (3-step), cornering lines,
    throttle control, vision and a heap of theory in between track sessions. Level 3 is mainly focused on body position/bike geometry and level 4 is tailored coaching specific to each rider.

It's a good idea to read through a copy Keith Codes Twist of the Wrist 2 book beforehand. As many of the concepts are covered in his book. The DVD is also on YouTube and a good watch.

March at HD is full but there's a school at Taupo (most likely venue) in November. Will be going back for level 3 and 4 then (was going next month but parent-school-camp-helper commitments got in the way).

In the meantime I'm looking forward to ART next weekend (Group 2). I've heard a lot of good things about how it's run. Will say g'day.
    Cool Im G2 as well. I will be the old fat dude on a red VTR holding you up.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Thats not what he said if you read your own quote. Yes you learn a lot at a track coaching day.

ART day next Sunday.........
    It's exactly what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikemad View Post
    jeez......have you been drinking today Mark?
    you seem a little more confrontational than usual
    I for one would be happy to say that after 30 years of riding I found benefit in doing track days in terms of learning what my bike is capable of with braking, cornering and throttle control
    My usual one beer after work.
    There is no doubt that any tuition would be beneficial for those who feel they need it, even those who feel they don't need it.
    I have been riding with someone who had an ART day or two but was atrocious on the road. But then that person had done very little road riding.
    Once you think you know everything, you're in trouble right?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR

Once you think you know everything, you're in trouble right?
    Which is why we still try to learn.

Bike
    TF125
    I have been riding 11 years...
    n00b

Thread Information