Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wsbk 2015

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    The Brit 'thing' is still present with the new guys,you know,Sykes doesn't like it here and Camier will get faster, pfft.and poor old Lowes,whatever the excuse was ?

2nd, we lost a couple including that young Dutch fella who opened some eyes before that.
    I think it was Paul Denning the Suzuki Manager offered a public apology to Alex Lowes - for faults with his machinery IIRC.

VDM is a great prospect for a future champion, perhaps the "little additional bravery" thing got him in trouble? Normally I'd have been worried about what he could do on the ageing 'Blade but I guess we'll have to see what effect the new rules have.

Next race should be interesting, nobody has been there. Another place where the first person to go into a room in the pits each day should check for snakes. I see there was a big one caught in PI. When I was wearing green I acquired an aversion to the fucking things.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I think it was Paul Denning the Suzuki Manager offered a public apology to Alex Lowes - for faults with his machinery IIRC.

VDM is a great prospect for a future champion, perhaps the "little additional bravery" thing got him in trouble? Normally I'd have been worried about what he could do on the ageing 'Blade but I guess we'll have to see what effect the new rules have.

Next race should be interesting, nobody has been there. Another place where the first person to go into a room in the pits each day should check for snakes. I see there was a big one caught in PI. When I was wearing green I acquired an aversion to the fucking things.
    Yes, next one should give us an idea.
    You an ex soldier pritch ? I have a S/Sgt son doing some 'camping', as I call it, in Palmy N at the minute.
    My kids soon learnt when playing in bush in Adelaide,to make plenty of noise and stomp around,snakes dissappear usually.
    Can't do that as a soldier tho huh ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    You an ex soldier pritch ?
    Loooong time ago, far far away. And no, it wasn't star wars.
    I did spend time at Linton, but it must have been much smaller then than now.

Re that "Brit" thing the commentators do, all commentators do that. Imagine how bad it would be if we took an Australian commentary. Still, watching an Englishman, an Irishman and a Welshman fight for the lead makes a change from a procession of Spaniards.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    '01 RC51 SP1, '19 EXC300
    Bayliss might have got tired by the looks ?
    I'm not surprised considering how much he had to muscle it around. Chaz' bike looked planted until the closing laps but Bayliss was squirming around all over the place from very early on. Maybe he cooked his tyres early trying to keep up. I think I recall the commentators mentioned that qualifying pace could use up a tyre in 4-5 laps.

Edit: I just read at crash.net that he had tyre wear problems
    What part of for(int i=0xC02;putchar((i&7)+69)&&(i>>=3); ); don't you understand?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Kawasakis new No 1. Picked that one! Aprillia still got the legs.
    Commentary,so glad to see the back of Green (the screaming head).
    The Brit 'thing' is still present with the new guys,you know,Sykes doesn't like it here and Camier will get faster, pfft.and poor old Lowes,whatever the excuse was ?
    Bayliss might have got tired by the looks ?
    First race was a beaut tho. 2nd, we lost a couple including that young Dutch fella who opened some eyes before that.
    That helped Sykes finishing position.
    VDM sure looked comfortable up there, miles quicker than his team mate with all his pedigree. Shame he fell off race 2, but I'm picking he will learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntoxcated View Post
    I'm not surprised considering how much he had to muscle it around. Chaz' bike looked planted until the closing laps but Bayliss was squirming around all over the place from very early on. Maybe he cooked his tyres early trying to keep up. I think I recall the commentators mentioned that qualifying pace could use up a tyre in 4-5 laps.

Edit: I just read at crash.net that he had tyre wear problems
    His bike was bucking around like crazy, great riding.
    Speaking of great riding, how was Haslam's excursion into the grass? Mental save!

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    The WSS races were good too, the M.Vs dominating (Cluzel).....Sofogulu also had a major moment out in the grass.I heard one of the commentators saying that the 6hundies were only a second or so off the Superbikes around P.I...

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    The WSS races were good too, the M.Vs dominating (Cluzel).....Sofogulu also had a major moment out in the grass.I heard one of the commentators saying that the 6hundies were only a second or so off the Superbikes around P.I...
    If that, most the race the 1000s were in the 32's, which is what I think the top 600s were running. Great to see the MV's up there too, fantastic bike would love one but the dealer I went to would not accept my left nut as payment...

That Smith chap on the Honda was loose as, very entertaining to watch him drift it into the corner. He helped Sofoglu find the grass I think, though the replays never showed exactly what happened. Definitely a talent to watch, don't recall noticing him in Moto2 when he was there, but he sure made his presence known in WSS!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I see that Jonathon Green is now an AMA commentator with Colin Edwards as his expert comments man. Not sad to see Mr Green go, but somewhat sad that Steve Martin seems to have missed out on a job. He was good value.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Christ that RSV4 has legs, seriously.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    MV now owned by Mercedes.
    The word is they wanted to be in two wheels now that Audi etc are. MV certainly cleaned up the 6hundy class
    The racing was top notch all classes

If WSBK got rid of the bloody ridiculous 2 day delay on the subscription, I'd join for them all, but downloading when/what I can get or WSBK atm?
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Bikes
    Not sad to see Mr Green go, but somewhat sad that Steve Martin seems to have missed out on a job. He was good value.

Agree with that Pritch
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    I see that Jonathon Green is now an AMA commentator with Colin Edwards as his expert comments man. Not sad to see Mr Green go, but somewhat sad that Steve Martin seems to have missed out on a job. He was good value.
    100% glad to see Jonathon Green gone, he was worse than Nick Harris on Motogp (who is shite), constantly bickering with Steve Martin. Shame to not have Steve Martin on the mic though, he was great value when talking about each track and the challenges they bring for the rider.

Those MV`s were mental quick, I hope Triumph is watching and seeing what some decent coin can result with a triple.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    David Emmett reports that The Italian website GPOne is saying that Baylis will ride the Ducati in three more races.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    David Emmett reports that The Italian website GPOne is saying that Baylis will ride the Ducati in three more races.
    I'm sure they could have found someone with some useful recent MotoGP experience. Maybe they like seeing tyres tested to destruction?
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Bikes
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Thread Information