Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wsbk 2015

Bike
    400 Husqvarna vmx
    Extra training, hopefully a full weekend on the bike, no circuit knowledge advantage for anyone, and ideally no tyre disintegration : top 5 realistic, and a chance of a win in the wet.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Anyhoo, I love a story with a happy ending
    I hear there are massages that come like that. Pun intended

Bike
    09 GSX1400.

Round 2. Thailand.

Chang International Circuit. 22.3.15 WSB

Looking forward to seeing this track and the racing.
    Ducati and the Aussie Bayliss at the ripe old age of 46 !
    Yes GD his stars might just align here for a top five.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Be interesting to see how Bayliss goes, especially since I'm currently halfway through his book "A Faster Way".

Apparently his bikes were/are set up more comfortably than most others. Softer suspension, higher, wider bars. His team mates couldn't ride his bikes, nor he theirs, but journos who got to ride his bikes were surprised at the comfort level.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Be interesting to see how Bayliss goes, especially since I'm currently halfway through his book "A Faster Way".

Apparently his bikes were/are set up more comfortably than most others. Softer suspension, higher, wider bars. His team mates couldn't ride his bikes, nor he theirs, but journos who got to ride his bikes were surprised at the comfort level.
    Yes pritch,nothing like a comparison,but I never much liked clipon type handle bars.Probably from what I learnt on ?
    Give me soft and a bit loose and big bars any day.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki

search some old photo,s of him man, his bars are incrediblly wide
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Nowt any more

I recall watching a video on MotoGP.com regarding the 2005 or 2006 Ducatis (or whenever it was that Bayliss and Capirex were in the team together) and the discrepancy between the top speeds of the two at Barcelona.
    They suggested that all of the data were the same for each rider until they reached the fastest part of the straight, then Capirex would go some km/h faster and Bayliss would not.
    They tried all sorts to understand/change it, with no success, until someone watched the video of the riders, closely.
    It turned out that Capirossi was riding GP styles with everything tucked in, and hence clean. Bayliss on the other hand had his arms and elbows haning out in the wind, Superbike styles. That made all the difference, at 300 km/h.

Have to say, I bought his book too, on a whim. Looking at the pictures and reading bits of the text, it will become a dust gatherer. Out of date and just repeats what is said in any number of other books. Only interesting for the pictures, really.
    Was plain to see at Philip Island too.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Italian
    If you want a preview of the Chang circuit ahead of this weekend’s WSBK races, there’s a Dec. 2014 Asia Road Racing Supersport race here.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The riders reportedly like the new track and say they will like it even more as rubber gets laid down. Baylis has now found a setting he likes and is feeling at home on the bike, he finished 7th fastest.

The track is said to flow and provides overtaking oportunities at the last corner so there would seem to be no impediment to good racing. Like Phillip Island it seems to minimise any power advantage as the top qualifier on day 1 was Alex Lowes on the Suzuki.

If there is a potential problem it could be the 40c temperatures. The WSBK website says that won't be a problem, but whoever wrote that won't be riding a bike in the race. Some riders commented that they got there a few days early so they could get used to the heat. Ida thunk it'd take a bit longer than that.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So far it would seem Bayliss is consistent, he qualified seventh heading the third row of the grid. That might not sound overly impressive to some, but beside him on the grid is Van der Mark who is considered by most to be a future champion, and to VdM's right is Guintoli the current champion.

There's life in the old dog yet?

Bike
    Blade '12
    So far it would seem Bayliss is consistent, he qualified seventh heading the third row of the grid. That might not sound overly impressive to some, but beside him on the grid is Van der Mark who is considered by most to be a future champion, and to VdM's right is Guintoli the current champion.

0.25 off his teammate too. Not shabby at all. Honda must be looking at Haslam and Rea and and rolling their eyes :-)

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post

0.25 off his teammate too. Not shabby at all. Honda must be looking at Haslam and Rea and and rolling their eyes :-)
    Honda should've been looking at their bike a couple of years ago and rolling their eyes.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Oh ffs. Has anyone else just had their racingfor.me account disabled??
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Oh ffs. Has anyone else just had their racingfor.me account disabled??
    Nope. You must be special.

Aaaand OK. Honda should be looking at Rea and Haslam and hanging their heads in shame. Better?

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Go Johnny Rea !

Thread Information