Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Playday on track twilight Tuesday 24 March

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    yea --just look for the pit garage with all the zimmer frames parked outside

Yoshi ECU is on the courier to you man
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    yea --just look for the pit garage with all the zimmer frames parked outside
    And leathers that smell like old wee?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    And leathers that smell like old wee?
    no NO NO --old farts thank you
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    Hey guys do you reckon it is ok if I ride down and back home or would it be beneficial to bring a vehicle with tools, paddock stands etc. Keeping in mind I will be in novice class for sure and won't ascend past that most likely.
    I usually take my car fully loaded with tools, jack etc for car track days but I just can't do the same for my bike with it being a tuesday arvo and all

Will obvs do all the prep at home like new pads fluid etc. But juuust in case ya know?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by biketimus_prime View Post
    Hey guys do you reckon it is ok if I ride down and back home or would it be beneficial to bring a vehicle with tools, paddock stands etc. Keeping in mind I will be in novice class for sure and won't ascend past that most likely.
    I usually take my car fully loaded with tools, jack etc for car track days but I just can't do the same for my bike with it being a tuesday arvo and all

Will obvs do all the prep at home like new pads fluid etc. But juuust in case ya know?
    Depends if you plan on binning it. If your not then riding will be fine. Just realize you will be tired on the ride home.

I will probably trailer but im setup for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Depends if you plan on binning it. If your not then riding will be fine. Just realize you will be tired on the ride home.

I will probably trailer but im setup for that.
    Yeah after really thinking it over I've decided to hire a trailer and load up my bike and a mate's, split the cost and that way we can also take our tools, gear and food etc.

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    Any tips for a bike track newbie? My bike I'm taking is a hyosung GT250R (haha sell the bike get a real bike hyosungs are shit, ok shut up)
    I have done car track days but not bike. What should I check for?

I will redo my front brake pads and put high temp fluid through. I assume the rear won't need it though as it won't get worked as hard?

I am kinda worried about my tyres. They aren't shit but not amazing sport ones. They're these: http://motorcycle.michelin.com.au/ty...in-pilot-activ

I am going to do an oil and filter change before the day as my routine service interval will be up by then, should I do the oil after the track day again?

What else?

Also thanks so far for all the advice everyone

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Yeah after really thinking it over I've decided to hire a trailer and load up my bike and a mate's, split the cost and that way we can also take our tools, gear and food etc.
    Murphy's Law - the 2 times I dropped my bike on the track I had ridden down.
    Ciao Marco

Bike
    A rough 2007 Hornet 900
    Any tips for a bike track newbie? My bike I'm taking is a hyosung GT250R (haha sell the bike get a real bike hyosungs are shit, ok shut up)

I will redo my front brake pads and put high temp fluid through. I assume the rear won't need it though as it won't get worked as hard?

I am kinda worried about my tyres. They aren't shit but not amazing sport ones. They're these: http://motorcycle.michelin.com.au/ty...in-pilot-activ

I am going to do an oil and filter change before the day as my routine service interval will be up by then, should I do the oil after the track day again?

What else?

I'm taking my Hyobag 250 out too. Your tires are better than mine mate haha.

Bike
    Honda PC800

What else?

First bit of advice is to relax. For you its just a bit of country road with no trucks,cars etc coming the other way.
    Second- don't look back.. A passing rider is responsible to make a clean and safe pass so focus on the track in front of you.
    third--Look out for the nutcase wearing leathers with a tiger on the back Hes as mad as a hatter
    Or his lil ginga mate---im told that fulla might be able to ride
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    Murphy's Law - the 2 times I dropped my bike on the track I had ridden down.
    I am so worried about dropping it I really doubt I'll get to a point where I will drop it. If anything it'll be my usual drop/almost drops when stopped etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi Bandit View Post
    I'm taking my Hyobag 250 out too. Your tires are better than mine mate haha.
    Haha that is a bit reassuring

First bit of advice is to relax. For you its just a bit of country road with no trucks,cars etc coming the other way.
    Second- don't look back.. A passing rider is responsible to make a clean and safe pass so focus on the track in front of you.
    third--Look out for the nutcase wearing leathers with a tiger on the back Hes as mad as a hatter
    Or his lil ginga mate---im told that fulla might be able to ride
    That's what I'm really looking forward to, being able to let loose without worrying who or what might be around the corner.

Will watch out for tiger guy, thanks!

Bike
    Honda PC800

Will watch out for tiger guy, thanks!
    yep he can't ride for shite. Best you tell him and the lil ginga guy with him they can't ride.

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    yep he can't ride for shite. Best you tell him and the lil ginga guy with him they can't ride.
    If I find them I fuckin will mate you wait and see I'll tell em what's up

Bike
    Honda PC800
    If I find them I fuckin will mate you wait and see I'll tell em what's up
    ok matey --itll be fun meeting ya--Im the bloke with the tigger leathers. and dunno if ya heard of Shaun harris. he's the lil ginga ninja I refer to.

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    ok matey --itll be fun meeting ya--Im the bloke with the tigger leathers. and dunno if ya heard of Shaun harris. he's the lil ginga ninja I refer to.
    Shit that's awesome! Just did some reading up on him. I will definitely come say hi to you guys. Did you also race very competitively like Shaun?

Thread Information