Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: In memory of one of the greatest people ever: 007XX

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Very sad to hear of another beautiful soul leaving us too soon.
    V., you were a saucy minx and a bloody character, but also kind, caring, intelligent and a loving mother and wife. I enjoyed our naughty banter on KB and then later on Facebook. I enjoyed reading about the joy your family gave you and your accomplishments. I appreciated the encouragement and kind words you gave me along the way also.
    My heart goes out to your family at this very sad time.
    RIP V. xo

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post

Now all I have to do is stand up and talk, not sure how I will be able to do that, but I will.
    You'll be fine. Wiggle your toes (it'll stop you from passing out), and just read from your heart. Standing up is the important part, the intent of your words matter the most.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    You'll be fine. Wiggle your toes (it'll stop you from passing out), and just read from your heart. Standing up is the important part, the intent of your words matter the most.
    What he said.

Speak from the heart and nobody will notice that you have mis-matching socks ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    696 Ducati
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Such lovely words guys. Thank you so much.

Now all I have to do is stand up and talk, not sure how I will be able to do that, but I will.

I will post it up here for you all to read later...

Hug the ones you love.

Anne if I could stand up and say something it would be thankyou... thankyou for being the one person that everyone loved!.. I have never been one to share my feelings... so if you need a little extra... say thankyou from me!

Bike
    900 Hornet, Preddy, RZ's, A100's
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear of her passing ... I still remember the first time I met her and our group ride down to Kaiaua. Her humour and vivacious personality was a standout about her. I still remember her pouring water onto the crotch of one lucky(?) lad when he was lying down on the ground!

Damn shame ...
    "I like to ride anyplace, anywhere, any time, any way!"

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Heart breaking. Tink just texted me this evening - I hadn't seen the article which published V's name.

I never met her irl but enjoyed her online presence here; my thoughts go out to her family and all those who loved and knew her.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    A loss, a huge, tragic loss, that is V's passing. I met her only once at mine and Mstrs' joint 50th party.
    She was a joy germ, bringing joy to all who met her.
    Sadly missed. RIP gorgeous lady
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    900 Hornet, Preddy, RZ's, A100's
    Blog Entries
    Today's funeral was a touchstone to those moments which defines V. The eulogies were poignant and resonated with facets of her personality and power to draw people into her gravity of love, life and happiness.

Too soon was she drawn from her nearest and dearest,
    She had much to do and was prepared to work diligently to make dreams come true.

In the words that so eloquently sums up this whole mis-begotten situation, it sucks. Truly it does.

Ride on V, where-ever you are, just rark it up like you always did. In that flirtatious, funny, liberating and caring way that was your unique style.
    "I like to ride anyplace, anywhere, any time, any way!"

Bike
    Triple Delight

We are home

What a wonderful tribute to that fabulous woman. I want to thank everyone that provided the words I used today. Here is what I eventually managed to speak for V.

Hello, my name is Anne and I was lucky enough to call Veronique friend. Neil, thank you so much for the opportunity to attempt to explain what V meant to us. Veronique joined the kiwibiker forum and instantly showed us a few of her many qualities. This sassy, intelligent, irreverent breath of fresh air blew through the threads and 007XX had arrived! The first time Mark and I met her in person, she was wearing a revolting, long, black hair wig, along with some other utterly ridiculous attire, I believe she was being Mata Hari. Veronique was loved by many people, even some she had never met in person;

Here are some of the tributes I have seen;

Many laughs, filthy jokes and flirty, sexy posts were exchanged with this lady back in the days when KB was a regular read and activity in my home. The original KB strumpet is fondly remembered and will be sadly missed I know by all who had the honour to have met or even just spoken with her.
    V. you were a saucy minx and a bloody character, but also kind, caring, intelligent and a loving mother and wife. I enjoyed our naughty banter on KB and then later on Facebook. I enjoyed reading about the joy your family gave you and your accomplishments. I appreciated the encouragement and kind words you gave me along the way also.

A whip smart, generous, courageous, fun, firecracker of a woman who will be missed by many.
    Veronique was a regular little joy germ. Always had a smile to share. Always encouraged. Loved her family to bits. Loved her friends. Everything she did was done with enthusiasm....more than that, it was done with passion.
    The thing about BondXX that stood out for me was she didn't care who you were, what you could do for her or if she even knew you, if you were having a bit of a hard time she shone her light on you.

V had a zest for living that was unmatched. A real treasure...We were truly blessed to have her in our lives.
    She was one of those women who was the personification of perfect. Beautiful inside and out. Smart, great sense of humour, fit, cosmopolitan, and family oriented. When I first met V, she talked about how good her life with Neil was, and this was before AJ. She went on to be a domestic goddess, a wonderful loving mummy to that beautiful child, and the kind of woman we all want to be. She WAS all about love, selfless, and a soul that touched and affected everyone who knew her. I am so sad the world and all of us have lost her.

…And naughty...and provocative and sexy and earthy and grounded. Strong and soft and gentle all at once.

In Person she was always backlit and in soft focus. She was interesting, clever beyond words, giving, giving, giving and could tell in an instant if you were whining or just needed validation. Her loves were expansive, her friends wildly varied and her passion and determination took her from a not so great place to Neil, Shane, AJ, and finally her place.

You know the one thing that goes over in my mind is not about what an awesome chick she was - cos she was ... but what a great arse she had - she had a great way of being reverent yet irreverent - which takes me to the photo shoot we all did on KB - bums on bikes.

It has to be mentioned how she ran LOA, (an adult content forum on KB) with exceptional taste and errrr dignity and of course class.

When I was going through a rough patch with my epilepsy a wee while ago she sent me this message - "Bugger, that doesn't sound good my friend. All I can say is I’m sending you all the "get better" vibes I can sum up and if I can make you giggle a little on here, then all the better. Wish I could do more." This sums her up completely.

She was the kind of person that WOULD NOT be defeated. She rode that challenging ride better than I did...as a learner! A completely competent individual.

Some people have a positive presence and a life force that overflows from the space available. Sometimes one doesn't realise how deeply such people may have touched one's life until they're gone.

A radiant soul who brought joy to all who were fortunate enough to cross her path. She brightened up the world simply by being present and will be thoroughly missed.

While we are all trying our best to understand how this can happen, how unfair it is that V was taken so suddenly from our lives, perhaps we can try to put our energy into being thankful for having this beautiful, gregarious, wonderful woman in our lives? Not entirely certain that will make any of us feel better to be fair, but I am certain V will not want us to remain sad. If anything Veronique has left us with a real message. Live every moment you are given, with a passion that has no bounds. Kia kaha to us all.

Goodbye Veronique, we are all richer for having you in our lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    CB1300
    Well done holding it together for that lot mom. Veronique would have been touched I am sure.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    I am glad V got to see one dream come to fruition, even if she has not been able to complete all of the plans and dreams for the new property. The send off was touching, personal, heartfelt and sooo very V.

One of the speakers from UNI spoke about the day after her passing, a letter arrived confirming Veronique was the top student last year, no surprises there. I can't quite remember the number of papers she completed, however I think it was 13 papers passed with A and 7 of those were A+. It was well known she would have graduated this yr and more than likely in typical V style top of the class again.

V certainly showed everyone there are no roadblocks to getting what you want, you just have to want it bad enough.

Thank you Neil, Shane and AJ for sharing V with the rest of us, she was one of a kind. Always loved never forgotten
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by chanceyy View Post
    I am glad V got to see one dream come to fruition, even if she has not been able to complete all of the plans and dreams for the new property. The send off was touching, personal, heartfelt and sooo very V.

One of the speakers from UNI spoke about the day after her passing, a letter arrived confirming Veronique was the top student last year, no surprises there. I can't quite remember the number of papers she completed, however I think it was 13 papers passed with A and 7 of those were A+. It was well known she would have graduated this yr and more than likely in typical V style top of the class again.

V certainly showed everyone there are no roadblocks to getting what you want, you just have to want it bad enough.

Thank you Neil, Shane and AJ for sharing V with the rest of us, she was one of a kind. Always loved never forgotten
    Wow, it was so lovely to see you today. Thank you so much for your support, I could not have done that without it.
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Well done holding it together for that lot mom. Veronique would have been touched I am sure.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.
    Wonderful to hug you and Mel today.
    Nonono,

Bike
    R nine T
    Thoughts go out to the family

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Oh Anne, it sounds like you did wonderfully today. I do so wish I could have been there with you all - despite being with students all day my thoughts were elsewhere...
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Thread Information