Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Bike big day (weekend) out 3-4 April, Hampton Downs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    13th January 2004 - 11:00
    Bike
    K9 gixxer 750,K7 gixer600,Divvy 900 and
    Location
    Henderson -auckland
    Posts
    14,146

    Bike big day (weekend) out 3-4 April, Hampton Downs

    Hey guys a heads up for anyone interested.
    Hampton downs is running a 2 day track day on April 3rd and 4th
    That's Easter Friday and Saturday.
    Two whole days of track time.
    i'll be in the land of the rising yen then but heck you guys could be having a ball
    Heres the link to the bike track day page and the booking page
    http://www.hamptondowns.com/pages/20...track-days.htm
    Heres a link to the FAQ for the basic questions
    http://www.hamptondowns.com/pages/22...20track%20days
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    13th January 2004 - 11:00
    Bike
    K9 gixxer 750,K7 gixer600,Divvy 900 and
    Location
    Henderson -auckland
    Posts
    14,146
    this is looking to be a huge day for anyone wanting a lot of track time
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    4th May 2006 - 22:17
    Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,445
    I just signed up for both days. Hope it stay dry!

    Got a new chain and sprockets so should be getting much better drive out the corners.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    21st September 2012 - 20:31
    Bike
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    130

    Bike big day (weekend) out 3-4 April, Hampton Downs

    Booked in for Saturday.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    21st November 2009 - 22:18
    Bike
    Repsol CBR250RR Trackbike
    Location
    Back on the 'Shore!
    Posts
    788
    Blog Entries
    5
    I'll be there Friday! Public holidays are awesome!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    13th January 2004 - 11:00
    Bike
    K9 gixxer 750,K7 gixer600,Divvy 900 and
    Location
    Henderson -auckland
    Posts
    14,146
    wish I was but prior commitments means ill be up near VU that week
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    23rd August 2009 - 21:12
    Bike
    '06 vfr 800 81 GS550 postie
    Location
    Back in Paihia!!
    Posts
    118

    Payment

    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Hey guys a heads up for anyone interested.
    Hampton downs is running a 2 day track day on April 3rd and 4th
    That's Easter Friday and Saturday.
    Two whole days of track time.
    i'll be in the land of the rising yen then but heck you guys could be having a ball
    Heres the link to the bike track day page and the booking page
    http://www.hamptondowns.com/pages/20...track-days.htm
    Heres a link to the FAQ for the basic questions
    http://www.hamptondowns.com/pages/22...20track%20days
    Do I need to register with their payment provider, having trouble with my credit card authorisation, and no it's not over the limit!!
    lucky bastard

  8. #8
    Join Date
    13th January 2004 - 11:00
    Bike
    K9 gixxer 750,K7 gixer600,Divvy 900 and
    Location
    Henderson -auckland
    Posts
    14,146
    Quote Originally Posted by liljegren View Post
    Do I need to register with their payment provider, having trouble with my credit card authorisation, and no it's not over the limit!!
    Give them a call and explain your problem. They are more than helpful type people
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    21st November 2009 - 22:18
    Bike
    Repsol CBR250RR Trackbike
    Location
    Back on the 'Shore!
    Posts
    788
    Blog Entries
    5
    The latest update is that Friday is all booked out, still spots available on Saturday though! (From what I've seen, don't quote me...)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    4th May 2006 - 22:17
    Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,445
    First day was ruined by a dead battery. Still managed to get out for 5 sessions but bike was running like crap. Dropped from medium slow to novice.

    Second day was fantastic. New battery and the bike was running good. Stuck with medium slow and had some fun.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    29th June 2008 - 12:46
    Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    1,728
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    First day was ruined by a dead battery. Still managed to get out for 5 sessions but bike was running like crap. Dropped from medium slow to novice.

    Second day was fantastic. New battery and the bike was running good. Stuck with medium slow and had some fun.
    You look like you've done a few days now. How was the novie group vs the medium slow? Brooke and I were wanting to go this year but didn't have our shit sorted. I wanted to see what mums Duke 200 could do. Would have been a hoot.
    Spelling, grammar, punctuation, misappropriation of words...
    See above

  12. #12
    Join Date
    4th May 2006 - 22:17
    Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    You look like you've done a few days now. How was the novie group vs the medium slow? Brooke and I were wanting to go this year but didn't have our shit sorted. I wanted to see what mums Duke 200 could do. Would have been a hoot.
    Novice group is great. The riding is predictably slow. Medium slow I wasn't a big fan of. A lot more people in the group (they managed to overbook it) and the riding can be unpredictable and a few of them should have been in novice.

    The Duke 200 would be great fun!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    29th June 2008 - 12:46
    Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    1,728
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Novice group is great. The riding is predictably slow. Medium slow I wasn't a big fan of. A lot more people in the group (they managed to overbook it) and the riding can be unpredictable and a few of them should have been in novice.

    The Duke 200 would be great fun!
    I thought this would have been the case. Always gonna get some "hero's" though.
    Spelling, grammar, punctuation, misappropriation of words...
    See above

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •