Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancer and the drug companies

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    you are fucking kidding eh, the amount of ionising radiation, as k40 in bananas is fucking minimicronanosieverts. You get a higher dose walking downtown.(or sleeping under a smoke alarm)
    also, taken as bananas it isnt bioaccumulative.

Nice try, but go jump.
    I'm not following your point.

You're making a giant logic leap over a chasm of your own creation.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Superduke 990
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    The Evil Knievel of dialectics.

WELLINGTON: Tag-o-rama

Bike
    It was on the good
    Or is it Kevin Knight of the dyslexics?

Bike
    Superduke 990
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Or is it Kevin Knight of the dyslexics?
    The Kanye West of dyspeptics

WELLINGTON: Tag-o-rama

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Or is it the Winston Peters of Diuretics?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    R6
    Not so sure if there will ever be a "cure" for Cancer. It is a complex beast, constantly adapting, changing, new lines of Cancer, new resistance and so many bloody forms of it that react in different ways to different treatments / elements in life.

Alternative therapies may have different benefits for different people, and the very same goes for the main stream Cancer drugs and treatments. Research is on-going on both sides of the line, and every person has such different views and beliefs on each.

I for one believe in research of any kind in the labs. And yes, they do research many alternative options in their work. I cycled with people who were alive last year purely due to the clinical trials and new drugs that had been developed to treat them and saw the results first hand. I rode along side survivors, cancer patients still fighting their fight, some who have stopped all mainstream treatment and made a decision to treat their illness with better lifestyles, diet, exercise, mind-set and herbal products. Some doing well, some not doing very well. And some I rode with aren't here today.

But even though we may never "cure" this ever-changing modern day plague, we are making some remarkable breakthroughs with better treatments, detection, prevention for some cancers. We now have (in NZ) an 80% survival rate for breast cancer, which used to be one of the biggest killers in the cancer world. Try telling some of those survivors that they would have made it through just fine with the natural products and healthy lifestyle. My aunty was one of the fittest and healthiest people I knew, competing in world champion rowing for years. She got hit not once, but twice with breast cancer - and beat it with the treatments now available.

We are making progress, and now have our general survival rate up to 51% in NZ, which is a long way ahead of where we were 10 years ago. This is why I cycled my arse off to raise $12,500 last year for Cancer Research, and why I am going to Brisbane this year to cycle the 200km again to raise more money.

Some are winning, some aren't. We've come a long way, we have even further to go. But they are trying, they are working hard to give more people a better chance, break the back of cancer. And I think they are closer than ever before at some real life changing results.

Whether treatment is natural or not, who cares. It's the result of staying alive that is the deciding factor in each case at the end of the day.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Hey there our! Katiepie.
    You are one of those directly helping to get people better, your exploits of late are awe inspiring, despite some pretty big obstacles of your own.
    Keep smiling Kiddo, great to see you .
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I'm not following your point.

It's how he is able to sleep at night with a wee grin of contentment.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiepie View Post
    It's the result of staying alive that is the deciding factor in each case at the end of the day.
    I find thats the best cure for cancer - not dieing from cancer
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by yokel View Post

How willing would the drug companies be to test to see if blended banana skins and cinnamon could be a cure for cancer?
    when you can get banana skins and cinnamon for cheap anywhere.
    So - if you had cancer, would you want to be in the group that received normal cancer treatment (chemo etc) or the group that got the banana skin and cinnamon extract treatment, or the control group that got nothing? Volunteers swill be needed ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    My daughter is involved with a NZ agency involved in research for cancer among other things.
    I can tell you that this is a very very complex fight.This is stuff happening at a cellular level,and its embedded in our very make up.I can tell you they are looking at things that are very left feild indeed.
    Cancer doesnt need any outside factors.New born babies can have it.Some say we all actually have it but for some reason some thing at a cellular level loses control and then you have "proper" cancer .
    Good post!

Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    So - if you had cancer, would you want to be in the group that received normal cancer treatment (chemo etc) or the group that got the banana skin and cinnamon extract treatment, or the control group that got nothing? Volunteers swill be needed ..
    Excellent question! I could make a suggestion... or maybe not...
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Katiepie is one of the most qualified here to comment. Well put, love!

And I have no doubt that you will achieve your goal in Aus.
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2015...hasnt-been-won

Please don't forget to debunk this article with a wad of of unsubstantiated pseudo-science and anecdote. Otherwise this post was in vain.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Just to make sure I'm not one eyed.

http://www.vox.com/2015/3/23/8264355...rch-study-hype

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Tumeric and or olive oil. Healthy attitude and lots of laughs. Unless you already CHOOSE to hold the belief that cancer is incurable. Find ways to raise your vibration and that shit can't touch you, oh, and Ed's a plonker.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Thread Information