Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to get a full paint job in Auckland?

Bike
    03 VTR1000
    Not to be derogatory, but all of this is probably more time/effort/$ than an 04 GSX250 is worth

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    one. well, two, if you count the compressor, and since repco has them, for liek, 4hunnit, basically no cunt has an excuse not to have one.

sound like you need a bigger receiver, higher pressure and a override/dump system
    it's probably shit. buy a decent one. like a devilbiss :P
    alternatively, you could probably run a pressure pot sprayer to much better effect.

1-yes
    2-again. you need a better rig.
    3-try cranking your tank up to 115psi and lowering the pressure going through your gun. HPLV. i'm assuming (since you've got a shit gun) that it's <1.3mm tip which should blow paint right down to 50psi or less.
    4-how far are you running line man?? most homeshop compressors ARE a water trap, if they're not continuous-run, water will condense in the receiver.
    5- above
    6- not so much a hot room, but certainly benefited by positive air pressure and a hot PART.
    7- it's pretty easy, really.
    dont even fuck around with multitone unless you're jesus, and have the aforesaid devillbiss guns. (several guns, lined up, and a 3 cylinder compressor with 150lt receiver, and a spraybooth)
    8- no it isn't, painting shit properly is.

i've never had any of those problems. you're doing it wrong.
    push the nozzle straight down, not bending if fo'ward or back or sideways, keep your fingertip behind the spray pattern.
    shake it continually.
    one mist coat, two proper coats. lap 1/3rd of your passes (ish, depends on the pattern that's coming out) start spraying before you get on the piece and keep spraying until you're off it.
    smooth manoeuvres. shake it continually. if you're going to put the can down, or between coats - do the upside down sprayey thing or take your nozzles out and drop them in turps.
    2 no. I don't need a better rig. I don't need anything painted.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Don't be fooled into thinking you will even get a half decent paint job on fairings or tank. I have restored a few bikes and this is always best left to the experts. You can do bracketry ok if you have enough patience etc with the prep.
    That all depends on the desired finish and your level of patience.
    If you want a glam finish pay a pro. If you want the satisfaction of knowing you did it whatever the outcome give it a whirl.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    painted with a spray can, in my garage:
    (it was silver)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11081399_10152823871313613_6894015725318537834_n.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	310317
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Go see Mark at Kolorin Kustoms in Glenfeild

Thread Information