Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: After twenty years at WMCC I'll be moving on.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardNZ View Post
    Damn, this thread was a shock to the system
    I've been dealing with WMC for 30 years.
    Bit of a shock to mine too mate! But yeah...had a great time there and Garry & Steve have been very good to me over the time I've been with them. Helped my a lot $$$'s wise when racing the 883 for them etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Plus I'm guessing it would require earthquake strengthening...
    Yeah. It's deemed an earthquake risk for sure. Wobbled hard out when we got that 6.5 the other year.

Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Good luck where ever you go.No doubt you'll pop up and I can say gidday ?
    They've done bloody well those boys.
    All those Production racing years of the 1970's,such neat memories.
    :
    We'll bump into each other somewhere I have no doubt mate! And yeah, they've done very well and deserve some more down/family time after all of the years they've done!

Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    But I'll miss the Cycle magazines. Good luck with whatever you get into next - same thing, or do you want to do something different?
    Lol. Our office lady took it upon herself to cancel our subscription to Cycle World! But cheers. Not quite sure what I'll do yet. Will work it out soon enough I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    jeepers.i guess it has,a mate of mine bought a brand new TS 185 from them when they were in Bond Street!
    Jesus I feel old!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    .WCC started in Bond Street i think
    Correct!

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Holy fuck! Good luck moving on mate!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    The shop my bike started life in.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    The shop my bike started life in.

At least I got to ride it too!

Bike
    Black Ninja
    Well, Wellington loses an icon.

Have enjoyed my visits to the store over the years, first one being 15 years ago. I'll miss it when I next visit. It'll be a blankness on the map.

All the best to you. Exciting times, what doors will open for you?

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan

After twenty years at WMCC I'll be moving on.

Holy heck i too thought it was interweb lies! Man i used to drag my broken arsed Suzies in their for sorting an gettin more accessories, loved that place. Even now when i get the chance to visit wellywood i drag a mate down for a ganda and usually get my wallet fleeced for something.

Always remember my best mate taking a new TL thou for a test ride to replace his GS550, he thought he was god on a bike. He was well warned not to crack open the throttle cos it will stand up an 'bark'. Needless to say he ignored the advice. Result... A long wheel stand through the traffic with my mate flailing/dragging behind it, what a sight and the salesperson commenting "if the bike doesn't kill em, i fucken will" . Errrm shall we say, there was an 'interesting and colourful' conversation held on his return.

Pete, must be bloody hard after all this time with a great team and wgtn icon. All the very best with your future endeavors and take care. Fingers crossed ya stay in the industry eh.

Regards, Ando

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    .... what doors will open for you?
    probably the one at WINZ.

Bike
    A
    Geez Pete, that's a surprise! Best of luck in your next adventure of choice. Cheers, Rob

Bike
    Hi Pete, I feel so lucky to have caught up with you again at your store (because I only go there to see you when in the country ) in Feb. Joe really enjoyed meeting you & we both appreciate you babysitting the DL & gear overnight there.

I'd suggest coming over here to 'my' store but bike salesmen here don't have your friendly nature & would hate for you to lose that. I know you will do great in your next place. How could you not...

You may well find you have a line of customers following you in the door

Wishing you & your co-workers every success for the future... be it big & bright & full of bikes

luv
    CC

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyrobot View Post
    Carbon Group in Auckland are looking for someone to work in their moto-cafe. Rumour* has it you make a 'killer' coffee. Grow an ironic moustache and serious beard and you'd fit right in.

*They never found the body.
    "Doooo eeet!"

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Wellington Motorcycles as you all know it is about to wind down, so I'll need a new home after 20 years there! I have another three months there...so you'd best all come and get some MEAN deals before I shuffle off!

Dunno where I'll end up or what I'll do...but I'm looking forward to a change of scenery I must say. To all of you good folk that have purchased bikes from me there over the years, a huge thank you to you all!!! I look forward to seeing you out on the road on my old Slabbie!

Cheers,

Pete
    Thats pretty poo's Pete, hope it works out ok for you, im sure it will. I can possibly hook you up with a sales job in Taranaki?. What drives that decision?

closing down sale?

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Wellington Motorcycles as you all know it is about to wind down, so I'll need a new home after 20 years there! I have another three months there...so you'd best all come and get some MEAN deals before I shuffle off!

.......Pete
    Compared to some on here have done relatively little business with WMC but I will miss being able to go in there for a wander while in town. I hope you find somewhere/something to hang your hat on soon Pete.

Seriously though, will there be good deals going?
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    Thats pretty poo's Pete, hope it works out ok for you, im sure it will. I can possibly hook you up with a sales job in Taranaki?. What drives that decision?
    closing down sale?
    Cheers mate. But it's all good. Appreciate the kind offer, but my preference is to stay Welly based, but if I can't find something I want to do here I'll poss head to CH CH where my GF lives. They're not closing down...but we'll certainly do some mean deals to make the move easier for them!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    I hope you find somewhere/something to hang your hat on soon Pete.

Seriously though, will there be good deals going?
    Cheers mate! For sure we'll be doing some great deals!

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Cheers mate. But it's all good. Appreciate the kind offer, but my preference is to stay Welly based, but if I can't find something I want to do here I'll poss head to CH CH where my GF lives. They're not closing down...but we'll certainly do some mean deals to make the move easier for them!

Cheers mate! For sure we'll be doing some great deals!
    Not sure i understand? Winding down not closing down, therre wont be a Wellington harley dealer? Will they still sell new bikes and have a harley workshop etc?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    Not sure i understand? Winding down not closing down, therre wont be a Wellington harley dealer? Will they still sell new bikes and have a harley workshop etc?
    No official HD dealer in Welly when they stop. They'll be selling used bikes, all brands, and have a workshop.

Thread Information