Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: After twenty years at WMCC I'll be moving on.

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Fuck HD mate where am I going to line up now for Suzuki's new release RR rep next year?

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Wellington Motorcycles as you all know it is about to wind down, so I'll need a new home after 20 years there! I have another three months there...so you'd best all come and get some MEAN deals before I shuffle off!

Dunno where I'll end up or what I'll do...but I'm looking forward to a change of scenery I must say. To all of you good folk that have purchased bikes from me there over the years, a huge thank you to you all!!! I look forward to seeing you out on the road on my old Slabbie!

Cheers,

Pete
    Wow Pete, bit of a surprise!

I never bought a bike of you but the stuff I DID buy through you was always the correct item, quick delivery AND a sharp price!

Proud to have met you, all the best.

EDIT: I'm just back from Aus and there seems to be shitloads of HDs being sold over there...just saying...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Dont have one now
    No official HD dealer in Welly when they stop. They'll be selling used bikes, all brands, and have a workshop.
    Sounds a bit budget over what wellington motorcycles looks like now.......

shame

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    Sounds a bit budget over what wellington motorcycles looks like now.......

shame
    Nah. Garry and Steve don't do things by halves. It'll be done proper like.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post

EDIT: I'm just back from Aus and there seems to be shitloads of HDs being sold over there...just saying...
    There sure is. We're refurbishing our old "every brand" building into HD only. Going to be the biggest around... so they say.

So let me know Pete

I'm in new building next door... I'll make the coffee though

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Can I use all the new Harleys so they become used Harleys and therefore the shop can retain its current stock levels? Like a run in service provider and ill do it for minimum wages.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    Where will they be based? And what's the name of the new business?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Can I use all the new Harleys so they become used Harleys and therefore the shop can retain its current stock levels? Like a run in service provider and ill do it for minimum wages.
    Excellent idea

If it's anything like here (Aus) HD America require that HD dealerships are 'stand alone' with their product.
    It makes it harder for co-branded business'.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cc rider View Post
    Excellent idea

If it's anything like here (Aus) HD America require that HD dealerships are 'stand alone' with their product.
    It makes it harder for co-branded business'.
    Odd concept.
    Not likely someone enters the shop to buy a Harley and leaves the shop on a Suzuki.
    More likely a Suzuki owner will move into a Harley as age and funds increase.
    We all know which shop the existing customer will trade that used Suzuki in.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Odd concept.
    Not likely someone enters the shop to buy a Harley and leaves the shop on a Suzuki.
    More likely a Suzuki owner will move into a Harley as age and funds increase.
    We all know which shop the existing customer will trade that used Suzuki in.
    I know what you mean mossy.
    I see it as they don't want HD owners buying non HD products. When we were all in together it happened all the time. Plus they like to create a whole HD experience in their decore etc.

We've been told not to make fun of HD or customers.... hehe! Co-worker just went from R1 to Hog, been teasing her no end.

HD can afford to be on their own. Even our HD staff earn more then us

Pete Come On Down!!!

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by cc rider View Post
    Excellent idea

wonder if if the same clowns who organised this legendary final night concert for the 100th Harley Anniversary

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/975200/posts

Bike
    chur chur

Bike
    2003 GSXR1000 1999 SV650S 2007 SV1000S
    For sure - sad the one thing they won't need in that lineup will be new bike salesmen, because dude you were and no doubt still are one of the best there is. 17 of those 20 years ago you sold me a TLR when I moved to Wn then three more bikes over the years. The TLR was traded but the other three still all sit in my garage to this day. You can call it a testament to Suzuki, but I'd equally call it a testament to a salesman that knows immediately what a great model is and points you here rather than there, and says man you gotta go test ride this bike... I sure as hell never loved any of the bikes I've bought more.

Never ever felt there was an ounce of hard sell in anything you did there; just options, facts and tons of flexibility. Bailed out of a buy once and there was no issue (that fucker will be back lol). Stop in and there was always a wave in the middle of a deal with a customer, and a nose in the door even when busy never went unanswered; I can stop what I'm doing for 5 and say hey. That's what you get from someone that isn't JUST in it for the job but because they love what they do, and making people happy is important. That's you brother.

So move on and know that people's shit follows them wherever they go mate, but there won't be many with as little of it as you. Change can be good...
    he said, still riding a little SV650S every day with 120,000 (and two hospital value crashes) on the clock that PM sold him in 1999...
    Been way too long & I've been all over the place but I'll pop in - beer time! Mike

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR1 View Post
    Been way too long & I've been all over the place but I'll pop in - beer time! Mike
    Hahahaha...cheers Mike! Wondered where you'd got to! Great to see you've still got your harem of bikes. Beer any time for sure! Thanks for the kind words. Always a pleasure dealing with peeps like yourself.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post

All the best Pete and I will be in next week to say hello. Oh, no, no.. no need for a coffee. I'll bring a thermos.

Mark
    Cheers Mark. Always good chewing the fat with you! Look forward to seeing you sometime soon.

Thread Information