Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Returning rider, Auckland North Shore (Jin)

Bike
    MT-10

Returning rider, Auckland North Shore (Jin)

Hi everyone I recently returned to riding after a long break since uni days. Got a CBR600RR which has been great fun. Already done about 6k kms over a period of a month I missed riding so much

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    welcome Jin

thats a fair effort..6k in a month, do you get to commute?
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory

Returning rider (Auckland north shore)

G'day mate, cracking effort :up:

Bike
    MT-10
    Thanks im not working at the moment so making the most of the weather and getting used to being back in the seat. Have been doing a lot of day trips out of auckland like matakana/leigh, kaipara, southhead, raglan, coro loop etc.

I have booked some pro rider courses as I have heard that returning riders feature highly in the accident stats. I only slid once when i previously used to ride which was 10 minutes after getting a new rear tire. Was specifically instructed to take it easy around corners but being young and stupid i thought it didnt apply to me Have proper gear this time around too full leathers. At 39 years old i feel a lot less invincible that in my younger days~!

If anyone on the shore is keen to join me for a ride let me know!

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Welcome Jin, a few over thataways, the new tyre thing is most definitely NOT overated. Glad you survived it the first time.
    Enjoy the site and don't, please, don't feed the trolls.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    1995 Ducati M900 Monster
    Welcome Jin
    I suspect you found a few muscles you had forgotten about doing that sort of mileage, walking normally again yet

Bike
    MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastmark View Post
    Welcome Jin
    I suspect you found a few muscles you had forgotten about doing that sort of mileage, walking normally again yet
    My ass is fully broken in now. Middle and ring fingers are still struggling tho. In the mornings they cramp up so have been soaking in hot water to loosen them up. Yeah im soft

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    My ass is fully broken in now. Middle and ring fingers are still struggling tho. In the mornings they cramp up so have been soaking in hot water to loosen them up. Yeah im soft
    not soft jin, just honest! lol i take it you mean sore fingers on clutch hand? in the dirtbike world some guys fit rekluse clutches (centrufugal) now thats soft
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    A couple of kwakas
    Thanks im not working at the moment so making the most of the weather and getting used to being back in the seat. Have been doing a lot of day trips out of auckland like matakana/leigh, kaipara, southhead, raglan, coro loop etc.

I have booked some pro rider courses as I have heard that returning riders feature highly in the accident stats. I only slid once when i previously used to ride which was 10 minutes after getting a new rear tire. Was specifically instructed to take it easy around corners but being young and stupid i thought it didnt apply to me Have proper gear this time around too full leathers. At 39 years old i feel a lot less invincible that in my younger days~!

If anyone on the shore is keen to join me for a ride let me know!
    Hi Jin

I'm in a similar situation to you regarding work currently and am in your neck of the woods.

Have you ridden State Highway 16 to Wellsford? Perhaps we could tee up a ride sometime.

Bike
    MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayflash View Post
    not soft jin, just honest! lol i take it you mean sore fingers on clutch hand? in the dirtbike world some guys fit rekluse clutches (centrufugal) now thats soft
    Yes my clutch hand. It hasnt had as much work as my right hand it seems lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget1 View Post
    Hi Jin

I'm in a similar situation to you regarding work currently and am in your neck of the woods.

Have you ridden State Highway 16 to Wellsford? Perhaps we could tee up a ride sometime.
    I have done S16 a few times now. Its a great stretch of road. A nice trip i have taken is through matakana / leigh / wellsford / S16. I'll send you a PM to tee something up.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayflash View Post
    Other than the part where they have to accelerate downhill to disengage it

Bike
    A fast one
    Yes my clutch hand. It hasnt had as much work as my right hand it seems lol

I have done S16 a few times now. Its a great stretch of road. A nice trip i have taken is through matakana / leigh / wellsford / S16. I'll send you a PM to tee something up.
    Keen to tag along if possible - Honda gathering - I'm free most Fridays or on weekends

Bike
    A couple of kwakas
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    Keen to tag along if possible - Honda gathering - I'm free most Fridays or on weekends
    Heh, waddaya mean "Honda gathering"?!?

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadget1 View Post
    Heh, waddaya mean "Honda gathering"?!?
    Got confused and could've sworn it said you were on a Honda too

Bike
    A couple of kwakas
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    Got confused and could've sworn it said you were on a Honda too
    Lol, no problem.

It's starting to stack up for a group ride though. We'll be needing to look at the group riding "rules" if there's any more takers...

Thread Information