Thread: Broken PGO scooter?

Bike
    2009 PGO PMX naked

Post Broken PGO scooter?

I have a 2009 pgo pmx naked 50 that has a broken piston ring which has damaged the barrel. as a result i have been told I need a new piston kit, barrel and gaskets. the place quoted me $1000 (610 for parts and about 400 labour) to fix this, I have found some performance kits (increacing to about 70cc) on scootling for this around $350. so I guess that will bring the price down to $750ish. is it worth it or should I sell it as wrecked. I would look at replacing with a 2009 pgo gmax 200cc for 1500 if any one has had experience with one of these your thoughts? cheers for any advice on this.

Bike
    Unless you were planning on selling it anyway bore it out or upgrade it, and get a quote from another garage too just to be sure... It's a fair bit of money on something that isn't worth a hell of a lot though.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    You can do a barrel/piston etc on most of the silly little scoots in around 4 hours, doing it right (shit, you could nail one together in an hour if you were real keen)
    I'd be quoting you for 4 hours work, and probably charging less (have to be careful)

Get a few quotes for labor, I imagine buying your own parts will be cheaper. But, make sure you research the kits before buying, some are just made of very bad Chinese cheese, some are very nice Chinese machining, and some are made by people actually getting paid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    You can do a barrel/piston etc on most of the silly little scoots in around 4 hours, doing it right (shit, you could nail one together in an hour if you were real keen)
    I'd be quoting you for 4 hours work, and probably charging less (have to be careful)

Get a few quotes for labor, I imagine buying your own parts will be cheaper. But, make sure you research the kits before buying, some are just made of very bad Chinese cheese, some are very nice Chinese machining, and some are made by people actually getting paid.
    whut bout your indian mate that lives up the hill?

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Pimp that bitch...............

prova su strada vespa tumore

Posted by Daniele Falc Mencarani on Sunday, November 11, 2012
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Dunno what happened there, that was supposed to be a video about a bad ass 2 smoke scooter, not some dudes facebook page. I need whipping.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    whut bout your indian mate that lives up the hill?
    Paki Durk will do it for $200
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    CB1300
    Most of the labour on scooters especially pgo is the time getting to the motor. There's only a handful of bolts holding it all together.

Keep a record of the order you take parts off, including marking where cogs currently match up on shafts etc, then put parts back in the same order but substitute your new bits. As long as you don't find anything else broken your golden.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    2009 PGO PMX naked
    i have decided to go with the Stage 6 Sport Pro Mk II 70cc kit has anyone used these before? looks ok and on some websites they say its good, yea have been quoted 4 hours labour for this. the place seems ok with putting it in for me. thanks for all your replies

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzbusa View Post
    i have decided to go with the Stage 6 Sport Pro Mk II 70cc kit has anyone used these before? looks ok and on some websites they say its good, yea have been quoted 4 hours labour for this. the place seems ok with putting it in for me. thanks for all your replies
    You might want to check this does not make your moped a scooter. Aka small cc motorcycle for ACC / licensing.
    If it does check up, I think these are the same bottom end as my 110, so there will be other kits right up to 125. Might be within going the whole hog.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Thread Information