Thread: Bucket of the Month - April 2015 - Mikes CRG100

Bike
    Moto 4 Bikes - Buckets

Bucket of the Month - April 2015 - Mikes CRG100

Bucket of the Month - April 2015 - Mikes CRG100

Mike has taken a different approach than usual to constructing his bike.

He'd started off with an RG150, as this was too big to qualify for the class he sleeved it down using a sleeve inside an RGV250 barrel. (125cc per lung originally) This seems like a very large decrease in size but as the RG150 has such a short stroke it works out about perfect for a very fast 100cc engine.

Advantages of this include a good gearbox and already big enough clutch, not to mention the purpose built watercooling and the powervalves!

There were a few issues getting all this running sweet, as you can imagine with such a complex conversion, but it looks like it's coming together very well at this point.

The RG chassis isn't the lightest, or very good at all so he has binned that in favor of a very modified motocross chassis.
    The forks have been shortened and the rear shock changed to suit. He's retained the RG150 fuel tank with a bit of 'cut and shut' to make it fit the frame just right.

The radiator is a Chinese special and it's been re-laced to run 17" rims for the 125GP slicks.

It's early days for this bike so it remains to be seen how well it will go, it shows some real promise and might well be a force to be reckoned with in upcoming events.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mikes 1.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	310809   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mikes 2.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	310810   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mikes 3.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	310811   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mikes 4.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	310812   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mikes 5.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	310813   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mikes 6.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	310814  

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    I had a really good look at this bike when it was at Tammers, and think its very well done, I like it....

Bike
    S3
    [QUOTE=NZ Moto4 Racing;1130853234]Bucket of the Month - April 2015 - Mikes CRG100

Mike has taken a different approach than usual to constructing his bike.

He'd started off with an RG150, as this was too big to qualify for the class he sleeved it down using a sleeve inside an RGV250 barrel. (125cc per lung originally) This seems like a very large decrease in size but as the RG150 has such a short stroke it works out about perfect for a very fast 100cc engine.

Advantages of this include a good gearbox and already big enough clutch, not to mention the purpose built watercooling and the powervalves!

I'm glad I stumbled across this, I'm of the same thinking that sleeving down the RG is the way to go to build a good, cheap 2t bucket because of all the points mentioned above.
    I'm trying to do it as simply and cheaply as possible, do you know what sleeve he used or did he get one custom made? Also what is the piston out of or is it custom made?
    Because of the simple and cheap factor I'm aiming for I'm just planning on getting a complete RG150 and running it with the sleeved down motor.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Also I'm just doing the homework at this stage so I don't have a bike yet to tear down and measure, do you know the piston pin diameter of the RG and the height from the pin to the crown?
    Cheers
    I hate queues!!!

Bike
    S3
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    I had a really good look at this bike when it was at Tammers, and think its very well done, I like it....

I'm glad I stumbled across this, I'm of the same thinking that sleeving down the RG is the way to go to build a good, cheap 2t bucket because of all the points mentioned above.
    I'm trying to do it as simply and cheaply as possible, do you know what sleeve he used or did he get one custom made? Also what is the piston out of or is it custom made?
    Because of the simple and cheap factor I'm aiming for I'm just planning on getting a complete RG150 and running it with the sleeved down motor.
    Also I'm just doing the homework at this stage so I don't have a bike yet to tear down and measure, do you know the piston pin diameter of the RG and the height from the pin to the crown?
    Cheers
    I hate queues!!!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by rc_36_rider View Post
    Cheers
    Have a look at this thread.
    http://www.fxr150.co.nz/forum/showth...rrel-for-RG100
    then this one.
    http://www.fxr150.co.nz/forum/showth...l-for-F4-100cc
    then this one.
    http://forums.everything2stroke.com/...the-Shop/page3
    John Tice actually covers the sleeve build for the NSR100
    http://forums.everything2stroke.com/...he-Shop/page46
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken