Thread: Nitrous?

Bike
    NC30 VFR400R

Nitrous?

Anyone else here tried playing with nitrous setups on there scooters? I've been running a dry shot on my Yamaha jog for a few months now, while slowly fine tuning the canister jet size (I machine these and screw them on just past past the canister to meter the flow) and expansion manifold size (This is just a chamber that's prior to the hose into the inlet manifold) it taken a lot of experimentation but it's been really rewarding because I've got a fantastic working setup now, sadly my little jog I was playing with has a bent front wheel atm . I use "whip it" canisters as a source of nitrous oxide and a simple push button on my left handlebar.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    lulz.

pics or it didn't happen.

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    That seems like a lot of work. Wouldn't getting a motorcycle be easier? Or is it the engineering challenge you love?

How much actual improvement do you get?

Bike
    NC30 VFR400R

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    That seems like a lot of work. Wouldn't getting a motorcycle be easier? Or is it the engineering challenge you love?

How much actual improvement do you get?
    I have a bike .
    Its a big improvement, the little 50 loves the stuff, it took alot of fiddling to get it right but now its engine note totally changes and the power increase is very noticeable, its comparable to an 80cc motocross bike just hitting the powerband.

The scooters elsewhere but I have a couple of bits here as I was using them for another purpose. You'll get the idea...

So this is the standard sort of "whip-it" canister I use

And this is my nitrous button and canister cracker, I mount this just below my left handlebar so the button is a quick and easy thumbpress, I've threaded the outlet of this part, then machined another part that screws into it. The part the cracker screws to has two purposes, it acts as a flow restrictor and also lets me attach the hose that goes down to the expansion manifold under the seat.

This can be done and achieve great results. This project probably cost me $100 tops and a couple of lunch breaks.

Bike
    a shit load
    Where did you get this? any links cause i want this on my fs50

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

"...motocross bike hitting the powerband."

Yeah right..

Now, I applaud such proactive technical power-boost approaches, but are you really the one breathing deep on it?

Less fuss to get a can of IC model nitro-methane, & tip in a % to feel that chemical supercharge ( & do not sniff it)..

Thread Information