Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbans instead of helmets?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Not sure about world domination but BAMFs indeed.
    Did he die at the end?

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    I'm pastafarian. Is my religion less important? I have to wear a colander on my head, so I can't wear a helmet.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I'm sick of these modern times.

Fuck your religious beliefs - wear a fucking helmet as I have to - if you don't like it go back to XXXLand.

Yeah I sound like some raving old fucktard, but seriously.

Tomorrow I'm off to the coffee shop and I'm going to pull the waitresses hair.
    Modern? wake up and realise that that law has been on the books since helmet wearing became compulsory in NZ - and was copied from the earlier law in the UK. The Sikhs were very active in the UK to get an exemption on religious grounds - and that was i think in the late 50's, early 60's.

By all means pull a waitress's hair, given the publicity in the last day or so, they're all feeling empowered now and at the very least you'll get coffee in your lap - or even a knuckle sandwich.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Not sure about world domination but BAMFs indeed.
    Bunch of meat-heads if that clip is anything to go by.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    2010 Honda ST1300
    Blog Entries
    'Twas a common sight in Singapore when I lived there in the early 80's....along with jackets on back to front.

Funniest thing was one time when it started to rain (typical tropical effing downpour) and this chap pulls over and puts a shower cap over his turban!!
    How a man wins shows much of his character....How he loses shows all of it!!"
    Knute Rockne

Bike
    2001 Suzuki DRZ400E
    Well... if they don't wear a helmet they are more likely to die instead of being a vegetable, which means less burden on health care systems. I'd put money down that if you are complaining about wearing a helmet you probably don't use any other protective gear (rubber included)....

Seriously, what's your head and body worth? Wearing the right gear is just the smart thing to do.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    They (Sikhs) also get to wear 'religious' daggers...

I need to start my own religion. Say, The Church of Speed: our credo: Salvation Through Acceleration. Oh all ye sinners - how fast do you wanna be saved? Then I can be exempt from the standard rules like all the other believers in ISFs*.

*(Imaginary Sky Friends).

But somehow I doubt the Forces of Lorrenorder will extend me the same religion-based forbearance... and I'm pretty sure the IRS will not allow me church-like tax exemptions...

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Funny story.

You can get an exemption from wearing cycle helmets on religious grounds.

A bloke down here in Chur Chur has started his own church. It's the Velocipedean Church of NZ. They have a Facebook page, it's private.

They believe that cycle helmets are illogical, as they discourage people from cycling, and thus cause obesity. So NZTA has granted them helmet exemptions.

True story.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Wow. Just wow... Food For Thought...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    I need to start my own religion. Say, The Church of Speed: our credo: Salvation Through Acceleration. Oh all ye sinners - how fast do you wanna be saved?
    Though I ride Through the shadow of the Valley of Death ..I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 180 kph and accelerating!
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    2015 GSX1300R Hayabusa
    They're exempt to 50kph. You can ride a pushbike faster than that.

Turban probably protects them better than the pushbike helmets!

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    I have to say I'm quite unsympathetic in this regard.

Religious exemptions are based on the fact that someone's imaginary sky friend should trump the law of the land. I call BS.

If you want to ride around with your raghead covering and ignore the law that applies to everybody else (and not incidentally, you would still expect to be covered by the society-funded ACC levy) then basically from my point of view, you should be stopped, taken to court, and subjected to the same law that everybody else is subject to.

If you don't like it, go to whatever Trashcanistan which doesn't mind you riding round with a towel around your head.

Q.E.D.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Funny story.

You can get an exemption from wearing cycle helmets on religious grounds.

A bloke down here in Chur Chur has started his own church. It's the Velocipedean Church of NZ. They have a Facebook page, it's private.

They believe that cycle helmets are illogical, as they discourage people from cycling, and thus cause obesity. So NZTA has granted them helmet exemptions.

True story.
    FFS We should have all boarded the same boat that commonsense did when it left good ole NZ aye
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    3 black ones
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post

True story.
    makes sense. i never grab my bike and head to the shops anymore. helmet has something to do with it - also due to bike thiefs and im lazy

Bike
    Big money wasters
    He will have to take His turbin of if He wants to go into the Manurewa cosie club. They were on the news last week, The club is not budging on their rules which have been in effect for 50 years even after the Human rights Ruling. The Guy on the bike with the turbin would be a new imagrint they just don't bother finding out what the road rules are ,doesn't mater if He's killed plenty more coming over .

Thread Information