Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's got a new Indian?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    If you buy a bike that you are happy to ride for many years resale becomes less of an issue. With these niche bikes a 30 min ride test ride that most shops offer is just not going to be long enough. I would actually be prepared to hire one for a few days before deciding. The Victory bikes do have a cheap look about them unlike Harley and Indian in my opinion.
    Wellington Motorcycles are selling certain Victories at 7k off old retail. IF you'd purchased one at 24k, then found out they were selling them for 17k, you'd shit yourself no matter how long you planned on keeping the thing. If you went to trade it now...they'd see it as 13k retail tops, trade it at 10k. How would you feel about that?

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Wellington Motorcycles are selling certain Victories at 7k off old retail. IF you'd purchased one at 24k, then found out they were selling them for 17k, you'd shit yourself no matter how long you planned on keeping the thing. If you went to trade it now...they'd see it as 13k retail tops, trade it at 10k. How would you feel about that?
    No different from the massive hit early VFR 1200 owners took when dealers started heavily discounting to get shot of them (at least $7k). Probably other examples too.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Don't tell Caseye it will be another excuse for a ride....

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    No different from the massive hit early VFR 1200 owners took when dealers started heavily discounting to get shot of them (at least $7k). Probably other examples too.
    Absolutely mate! As a bike salesman...it's a fucking disaster and not something I like. Honda also did so with their chopper model.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    You will always get a discount if you are prepared to wait until a bike or anything else gets "run out model" pricing. If you want to be first with the lastest you have to be prepared to pay more. My last few bikes I have bought at runout model prices but have only got 3k off at the most. If Victories have run out model prices that big it would be certainly be worth it to wait untill the end of the year or just before a new model is due to come out. The only problem with waiting for run out pricing is that not all models are available.
    Thanks for that. I wasn't quite sure how things worked in the bike industry.

Bike
    TF125
    Thanks for that. I wasn't quite sure how things worked in the bike industry.
    Try to keep up, Pete. Oh, hang on...

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Try to keep up, Pete. Oh, hang on...
    Yeah Pete, wot he said! Oh my Gawd, sorry mate I just realised who it was what got you going.
    No keeping fuckwits down is there????
    I'd not be too concerned at resale for a bike I really wanted and after test riding it for a while was prepared to buy, but when you start talking that sort of price variation and I know that's where it is at sometimes I'd stop short ( as I have) and wait a bit longer.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Is this Womans Weekly ?

Fuck sake if you want it an like it and can afford it. Buy your dream. If you are a sorry sack and sit there waiting for a discount you are most likely to end up without your ideal bike.

Bike
    15 Indian Chief Vintage

Indian Chief Vintage

In answer to the original question......I own a 15 vintage in green and cream. Having owned many bikes (American, Italian and Japanese) in sports, cruisers and adventure bikes, I can say that this bike is the best bike for me. I owned a Harley softail. Nothing against it but I haven't had to spend $$$$$$$$$ on the Indian to get the sound and handling sorted. I have not owned a bike that gets so much attention either. As I said best bike for me and me alone. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but that is what makes life great. Just my 2c worth
    Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead
    Do not walk ahead as I may not follow.
    Do not walk beside me as the path is narrow
    In fact FU*K off and leave me alone

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailwood View Post
    In answer to the original question......I own a 15 vintage in green and cream. Having owned many bikes (American, Italian and Japanese) in sports, cruisers and adventure bikes, I can say that this bike is the best bike for me. I owned a Harley softail. Nothing against it but I haven't had to spend $$$$$$$$$ on the Indian to get the sound and handling sorted. I have not owned a bike that gets so much attention either. As I said best bike for me and me alone. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but that is what makes life great. Just my 2c worth
    Yeah I love the colour of yours mate. Glad you're liking it.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailwood View Post
    Like this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1468046510959.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	322926

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    I saw this parked up in Wanganui a while ago, asked the owner if I could take a photo. Lovely bike and nice guy, is he a member on here?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151025_134611_969.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	714.6 KB 
ID:	322944

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    So - who purchased a new Scout or one of the other models.

Rave away please.

I see Cockram Motorcycles are selling Indians in Christchurch - I missed that one. http://cockrammotorcycles.co.nz/
    got me this in April... have done 7500k just over two months, I brought the Demo 3500k's saved me $7500, they had just done the 3k service & then did it at 10k for me no charge Brad top man at CMG... only draw back it don't go where the beamer went
    other than that a sweet ride
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160710_160918.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	906.6 KB 
ID:	323252  
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Nice - good to hear positive comments regarding the dealer as well. I'd like to see Indian do well - they are acing the classic look but also cracking out some more modern variations - the Scout is a great example.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Not sure which is prettier... the Indian or the Rogers K.

Thread Information