Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planning for 50 riders to ride for two weeks October November 2016

Bike
    BMW

Planning for 50 riders to ride for two weeks October November 2016

Hi,

I will be starting to work on this shortly and thought I would pop in here as a start point.

I am involved with Black Dog Ride in Australia and we raise awareness of depression and suicide prevention with our motorcycle rides. I am the Motorcycle and Dealer Liaison Officer.

http://www.blackdogride.com.au/view/home

Our first overseas ride is this year, Coast to Coast USA and next year we plan on NZ.

In 2014 I rode in the Black Dog Around Australia Ride with sixty of us and we raised $411,900 on this ride for Mental Health. Nearly $2,000,000 has been donated by us in five years.

Now I learnt to ride in NZ and now being close to sixty it's now or never on my bucket list to ride my favourite roads again.

Is there anyone in Aukland maybe Wellington and Christchurch with their finger on the motorcycling scene who can help us on the ground? We need to not clash with other major events and we will need help to look at our options.

We are looking at arrive Aukland, one week Nth Island and one week South Island. We in envisage that we would invite local riders in Aukland and Christchurch for One Day rides with us.

Money raised will go to a yet to be decided NZ Mental Health charity or not for profit body. We currently are the biggest non government donators to LifeLine Australia.

A bit daunting starting this so any help appreciated.

Bike
    BMW

Documentary teaser on a recent weekend ride Bikes and Yarns

This short video gives an insight into some of what we do.

Bike
    Dog Rooter
    Blimey 5 days and no replies.

I am not the right person to help you with what sounds like a worthwhile initiative. But if no-one helpful turns up in the thread, you could maybe try Ulysses..? They have a lot of members who could be up for it.

Good luck

Bike
    Katana GS650 1983
    Quote Originally Posted by chasio View Post
    Blimey 5 days and no replies.

I am not the right person to help you with what sounds like a worthwhile initiative. But if no-one helpful turns up in the thread, you could maybe try Ulysses..? They have a lot of members who could be up for it.

Good luck
    Ye - totally agree - I know a number of bike people who dont bother to much with this site now, since its been taken over by the idiots (and trolls). Its more a look at me site now.

To the op
    I think its brilliant and due support and will keep an eye out for and see what I can do to attend/participate!!
    YOU ARE A LONG TIME DEAD!! ENJOY LIFE WHILE YOU HAVE IT!!

Bike
    R1200RT LC

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Dude, I'm your man.

PM me, I'm keen.
    good on ya Rastus........that be right up your alley with all the free time coming your way soon.........and congratulations........2400 posts
    ***** POLITICIANS *****
    People Of Little Integrity Thieving Innocent Citizens Incomes And Need Shooting

*******KASPA*******
    Knavery Artificial Spurious Pretentious Arseholes

Bike
    So old you won't care
    What exactly do you need????

Bike
    2001 kawasaki w650

black dog

ill be in for sure:

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Dude, I'm your man.

PM me, I'm keen.
    That's great Rastuscat. We are just beginning planning and we are planning to have a one day ride in Christchurch for local riders to join in I will contact you about this. Christchurch to Hamner Springs is the plan.

To plan dates we need to know of any other Major Events that could clash with us around October and November 2016.

We are going to look at the costs of shipping bikes and if a tour company could give us some ideas for bike hire and route planning. We do like to visit country towns and maybe include a couple of lay days. Yes I love the Shotover Jet Boat! If possible pick up bikes in Aukland drop off Christchurch.

My Email.

graeme@blackdogride.com.au

Thanks for your offer of assistance.

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    What exactly do you need????
    Paul,

Early days in planning so we will be looking at costs of getting bikes shipped and or a tour company on board.

A contact in the motorcycle scene in Aukland would be great. We need to be aware of not conflicting with and major motorcycle events around this time.

Someone in Auckland with organisational skills, we want to have local riders on a One Day Ride here. Maybe a ride Northwards.

I am sure there will be many questions that crop up that a contact can help with.

Bike
    suzuki
    why wouldn't you clash with other events, shouldn't you be planning it that way so you can call in on them and raise publicity?

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    why wouldn't you clash with other events, shouldn't you be planning it that way so you can call in on them and raise publicity?
    We got burnt once before in a different style of ride, so we just need to be aware of what fits and does not. Other events can take out accommodation so logistics needs to be addressed.

Your point is taken on board thanks and a good point you make.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Graelin View Post
    Paul,

Early days in planning so we will be looking at costs of getting bikes shipped and or a tour company on board.

A contact in the motorcycle scene in Aukland would be great. We need to be aware of not conflicting with and major motorcycle events around this time.

Someone in Auckland with organisational skills, we want to have local riders on a One Day Ride here. Maybe a ride Northwards.

I am sure there will be many questions that crop up that a contact can help with.

Sweet - we are 50km north of Wellington - let me know if we can assist...

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Graelin View Post
    We got burnt once before in a different style of ride, so we just need to be aware of what fits and does not. Other events can take out accommodation so logistics needs to be addressed.

Your point is taken on board thanks and a good point you make.
    yip you can always pass through on the day and go on to the next town, it's not that big here

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    yip you can always pass through on the day and go on to the next town, it's not that big here
    Well - that didn't work too good on ANZAC day....

Thread Information