Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Licence label parking ticket?

Bike
    A couple of kwakas
    Quote Originally Posted by chasio View Post
    The vibrations from the mighty motor must have caused it to rotate down into a partially obscured location, which would have required the parking officer to be unable to read it without rotating it back again, unfortunately. I am sure you have rectified this unfortunate occurrence and would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

This, or words to that effect may well do the job.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    24/11/????
    Just think if the label had been facing the other way then you'd have an argument

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Yes, I understand that. But anyone who thinks it's justice that this guy gets a $200 fine for this because "rules are rules" should be strung up by their testicles in the town centre and flogged.
    Kickaha hit the nail on the head. IGNORE the rules and you may well get nailed in the future. This particular rule has been in force since Adam was a lad, not even a case of ignorance ... mere the stupidity of convenience. So ... got nailed $200 for his (lack of) effort ...

I'm betting the OP changes the positioning of the Liscense Label.

At the end of the day, this isn't a ticket for not having a rego (because he did), and it's not for not displaying the rego (he did that, too).
    True ... sort of ... But ... not displayed in the prescrbed manner. (ie: ALL details clearly visible)

It's a ticket for not displaying it in a way that's acceptable to Mr Parking Warden. It's a $200 ticket, which is an obscene amount of money for a parking ticket, for an issue that should have been sorted with a polite note or a phone call.
    Most Parking Hitlers do not have ability to check actual rego status ... as they have NO legal requirement to. As the label is required to be clearly visible.

All those rule following cunts out there that think this is OK should jump off a fucking cliff.
    Those that DO follow the rules ... are unlikly to recieve a similar ticket.

Which group do you prefer to be in .. ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan

Licence Label Parking Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by stevensaaron View Post
    Hey guys, a question?? how do you guys have your Registration Licence label attached to your bike??

I'm from Hamilton, Last Friday night (24th April) I went up to Auckland to catch up with a couple friends for a movie.
    Parked in the proper Motorbike Parking space, everything was all good, anyway, I get back to my bike at the end of the night,
    and find there's a parking ticket (photo attached)
    the fine was for $200 and it was for, "Current Licence Label Not Affixed in Prescribed Maneer"
    Firstly what the heck is that supposed to mean, I assume that they say you can't see it, but I've attached a photo, and you can plainly see it.
    obviously you can't read it right away, but it's not hard to slide it to read it,

But @200 bucks for that, that's stupid.

What are your thoughts?? I'm going to complain and write a letter,
    And I ask again, where are yours?? where else am I going to put the label, whoever the Warden was is a #$$%Head
    Feck hate that eh, bet cha got the chites on seeing that eh. Yeah, been there got the ticket too a few years back.

Basically the rego is obstructed from view therefore unable to read it fully, bingo one ticket issued................. Feckin eh!!!!

Mine is located in a similar manner. Heres what i'd be doing, undo and flip it over so it can be read, take a pic, flick it off to the council saying wtf and they may reconsider (hopefully they don't take pic's though, or ya screwed eh) Don't let on ya flipped it over.

However being its the Auckland SUPER (fucktard) council be prepared for feck all!
    Good luck dealing with them Wayne Kerrs mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hitcher; 4th May 2015 at 11:04. Reason: Quoted embedded image deleted

Bike
    Street tracker
    It's supposed to be clearly displayed, so according to the absolute letter of the law there could be a case for a ticket.

That said, any complete and utter fuckwit will know how difficult it can be to suitably attach a rego to a bike. The fact that there clearly was a rego attached suggests just the tiniest bit of investigative effort would be rewarded with clarification. In the UK a 'tax disc' was often carried in a rider's pocket as there was a ready market for current tax discs, regardless of the registration number quoted, and it's hardly difficult to remove a piece of paper from a bike.

Yes - write and (maybe) apologise for an issue you may have caused, but point out that rego was present and displayed. Gloss over the incomplete display aspect... ;-)

Sadly, don't hold your breath on having the charged rescinded. I hope it is.

Bike
    98 F650
    Don't want to give you false hope (different cities) but I can say that my partner has got this same license label ticket twice and has had the ticket voided both times after writing to the council and questioning the offence.

check this : http://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicle/regi...ing.html#label

"You must display this label as close as possible to the bottom of your vehicle's windscreen on the left-hand side (inside the windscreen), or for trailers and motorcycles, on or near your number plate."

Bike
    Between bikes
    At the end of the day, this isn't a ticket for not having a rego (because he did), and it's not for not displaying the rego (he did that, too). It's a ticket for not displaying it in a way that's acceptable to Mr Parking Warden. It's a $200 ticket, which is an obscene amount of money for a parking ticket, for an issue that should have been sorted with a polite note or a phone call.
    The label wasn't displayed in the prescribed manner i.e. date of expiry visible, learn to read

Got nowt to do with what the Warden thinks, the law says expiry must be visible, their job is = issue tickets for breaches

There's no phone number when you motocheck a vehicle

You're a bloated, flaming, pus-infested miserable excuse for a cunt
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by gjm View Post
    That said, any complete and utter fuckwit will know how difficult it can be to suitably attach a rego to a bike.
    Rubbish, it's piss easy unless you're a totally useless cunt
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Mine is on the inside of the tinted front screen. Visible from the front, no issues.

Cops are usually happy if the WoF and REG are visible to a walk around of the vehicle.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    whoever the Warden was is a #$$%Head
    Well it does seem there may be a #$$%head (whatever that is) involved in this tale, but it's not the warden. If you have not got a current label dsplayed so that it can be read you are risking a ticket. Pay the $200 and put the rego somewhere they can read it. Learn from the experience.

SDs old signature line comes to mind again.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I went up to Auckland
    An' don't come back, y'hear!
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    CB1300
    Not read whole thread but:
    Yeah, their not allowed ( Auckland council wardens) to move the holder or even lift a wiper blade. Wardens have been prosecuted in the past for damaging vehicles.
    But, Nah, it is not fair. Writing in may not get you off. Not writing in won't. Worth a crack unless you would lose more than that in wages writing the letter.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    Jeez wtf. Definitely as the others say write in. If I were you I'd show them proof that my registration is up to date, tell them that the registration is visible if you did look harder, you have no other place to mount it.
    I've had 2 warnings of that sort saying "registration label not present" or "registration lapsed". $200 is a fucking scam.

Bike
    Street tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Not read whole thread but:
    Yeah, their not allowed ( Auckland council wardens) to move the holder or even lift a wiper blade. Wardens have been prosecuted in the past for damaging vehicles.
    That'll be because either they are cack-handed morons (possible) or Mr & Mrs Rich got upset about their ticket and wanted retribution (also possible).

And thus we mourn the passing of our good friend, common sense...

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by biketimus_prime View Post
    . $200 is a fucking scam.
    It's also fucking easy to avoid unless you're a muppet
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information