Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Licence label parking ticket?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    ... or has the bible been lying to us for ever?
    As I recall ... Adam was created .. not born of a woman. Not said he was created full grown.

It was when the woman arrived ... his troubles began ... and this tradition has continued through history.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    And I'd say thanks, call you a good cunt
    I wouldn't say thanks but I would call him a cunt
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I wouldn't say thanks but I would call him a cunt
    Twat!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Big money wasters
    The Parking Officer used the wrong Offence code for this one , It should be for obscured licence label. On Your Infringement notice there is a web site address You can use ,quote the offence number and rego number and advise the expiry date . I have not been able to find in law where one must display the licence label on a motorcycle, only on the fact sheet.
    You should get of this one, if not ask for a hearing and the JPs would throw it out.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Mine is on the inside of the tinted front screen. Visible from the front, no issues.

Cops are usually happy if the WoF and REG are visible to a walk around of the vehicle.
    wof on both my bikes are hiden from view and never had a problem with cops as long as i can show them, the older cops know the original reason, back in the day if ya had ya wof easily accessible then it normally got pinched so wofs on bikes normally got stuck under seats and such like, just a habit i never got out of

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    My reg is usually in my pocket.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Since the various councils all jumped at the additional revenue they can collect by issuing tickets for expired warrants and rego that could be expensive. Previously I have had bikes with warrant under the seat but in the twentyfirst century, if you take the bike to town without warrant and rego properly displayed, be prepared to pay big bucks.

The council staff are not much into "compliance" either, they are only into collecting the cash. Occasionally it's just easier to move with the times.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Here's what the rule says. Just in case anyone actually cares.

Land Transport (Motor Vehicle Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2011

87 Obscured or indistinguishable registration plate or licence
    (1)
    A person commits an offence if the person operates a motor vehicle by driving or using it on a road if the motor vehicle has affixed to it any registration plate or licence that is in any way obscured, or is rendered or allowed to become not easily distinguishable, whether by night or by day.
    (2)
    A person commits a stationary vehicle offence if the person operates a motor vehicle by causing or permitting it to be on a road if the motor vehicle has affixed to it any registration plate or licence that is in any way obscured, or is rendered or allowed to become not easily distinguishable, whether by night or by day.

Yawn.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by stevensaaron View Post
    Hey guys, a question?? how do you guys have your Registration Licence label attached to your bike??

I'm from Hamilton, Last Friday night (24th April) I went up to Auckland to catch up with a couple friends for a movie.
    Parked in the proper Motorbike Parking space, everything was all good, anyway, I get back to my bike at the end of the night,
    and find there's a parking ticket (photo attached)
    the fine was for $200 and it was for, "Current Licence Label Not Affixed in Prescribed Maneer"
    Firstly what the heck is that supposed to mean, I assume that they say you can't see it, but I've attached a photo, and you can plainly see it.
    obviously you can't read it right away, but it's not hard to slide it to read it,

But @200 bucks for that, that's stupid.

What are your thoughts?? I'm going to complain and write a letter,
    And I ask again, where are yours?? where else am I going to put the label, whoever the Warden was is a #$$%Head

Attachment 311330Attachment 311331
    I have my licence label there .. but the other way around - facing away from the plate - so it can ALL be read ... never had an issue ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    CB1300
    Or you can go and get a free reg holder from VTNZ and attach it to the bottom or side of the plate or as I do to the bolt that secures your chain guard.
    Nice, easy, clear, indisputable.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Hands up anyone who has recently looked twice at the back of their bike and gone . "Ah Fuck" when they've noticed that their securely affixed rego or warrant sticker is no longer there! ???
    In the last two years this has happened twice to my wife.
    her rego and warrant have both been securely screwed to the number plate. I know, I put them there(and they weren't coming off)
    Some arse fucking other bike rider ( who else is going to steal a bike rego/warrant?) has taken along a screw driver on their ride with the express purpose of stealing ( any other word for it?) someones else's rego/warrant.
    My WOF's have always been stuck under the seat, never once had a copper give me grief about it, they understood why, they don't now, it's revenue and they can't use their tiny discretionary powers to make an informed decision as to a riders attitude and honesty anymore.
    Rego's I've always affixed facing the rear somewhere, but even then, reading the back hasn't always been possible, God help the po po who gives me shit about that.
    Easy money is what I truly believe is behind this new, hard callous, calculated means of revenue gathering.
    No council should have the right to ticket vehicles for their own benefit, leave it to law enforcement and make damn sure they're human before letting them loose on the general public.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Hands up anyone who has recently looked twice at the back of their bike and gone . "Ah Fuck" when they've noticed ...
    Both my Rego label holder and WOF holder has been attached (securely) to the bottom of the registration plate ... since I purchased it. (2004)

I do not live in "Dorkland" ... so perhaps I do not have the same "Local issues" as you do.

Thus your problem ... not mine.

The OP did not have a MISSING label ... just not affixed in the prescribed and approved fasion.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Since the various councils all jumped at the additional revenue they can collect by issuing tickets for expired warrants and rego that could be expensive. Previously I have had bikes with warrant under the seat but in the twentyfirst century, if you take the bike to town without warrant and rego properly displayed, be prepared to pay big bucks.

The council staff are not much into "compliance" either, they are only into collecting the cash. Occasionally it's just easier to move with the times.
    Or just not go into town. Most other service industries find fleecing their clients is hugely unprofitable, we shouldn't let the fact that they're a monopoly deprive city councils of the same opportunity to experience the real world.

Fuck'em.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    ... Occasionally it's just easier to move with the times.
    Not to mention ... CHEAPER ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Does Nelson HAVE parking wardens ... and do you park in town .. in council controlled car (??) parks ..???

Thread Information