Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Licence label parking ticket?

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Here's what the rule says. Just in case anyone actually cares.

Land Transport (Motor Vehicle Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2011

87 Obscured or indistinguishable registration plate or licence
    (1)
    A person commits an offence if the person operates a motor vehicle by driving or using it on a road if the motor vehicle has affixed to it any registration plate or licence that is in any way obscured, or is rendered or allowed to become not easily distinguishable, whether by night or by day.
    (2)
    A person commits a stationary vehicle offence if the person operates a motor vehicle by causing or permitting it to be on a road if the motor vehicle has affixed to it any registration plate or licence that is in any way obscured, or is rendered or allowed to become not easily distinguishable, whether by night or by day.

Yawn.
    I wonder how my wof holder would fare? It is at the left rear of the licence plate, in line with the drive chain. Saw it today and it was coated in chain oil throwoff and road grime. It was impossible to read, I had not noticed it before. Will be cleaning it off tomorrow,(and changing my chain lube) but I suppose that it would have the same legal requirements to be read as the re licence label.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    I wonder how my wof holder would fare? It is at the left rear of the licence plate, in line with the drive chain. Saw it today and it was coated in chain oil throwoff and road grime. It was impossible to read, I had not noticed it before. Will be cleaning it off tomorrow,(and changing my chain lube) but I suppose that it would have the same legal requirements to be read as the re licence label.
    I'll dig the rule for the WoF out when I'm back at work Friday.

Sitting my I endorsement theory and practical tomorrow. Nervous, for no reason.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Or just not go into town. Most other service industries find fleecing their clients is hugely unprofitable, we shouldn't let the fact that they're a monopoly deprive city councils of the same opportunity to experience the real world.
    Service industry, hmm. Tell me - Exactly what 'service' are you receiving when you incur a parking ticket for having your licence label out?

Next time I get a parking ticket I must remember to ask for my foot massage.

Oh, and councils are not a monopoly. Police can issue parking tickets too. So perhaps duopoly is a better term.

But let's not let too many facts get in the way.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    Service industry, hmm. Tell me - Exactly what 'service' are you receiving when you incur a parking ticket for having your licence label out?
    My point exactly. Their brief is supposedly managing city infrastructure on behalf of those that pay for them, their "clients", (ratepayers).

How is penalising them for making use of those facilities part of that brief?
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Between bikes
    How is penalising them for making use of those facilities part of that brief?
    It's got nothing to do with penalising them for using facilities. It's not a $200 fine because they shat in the pool.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    CB1300
    Only time in 23 years mine have gone missing has been when they vibrated off the DR, and that would be the whole plate less the torn off bits still bolted on. Rubber washers to use as a Cush fixed that.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    It's got nothing to do with penalising them for using facilities. It's not a $200 fine because they shat in the pool.
    Obviously. So what business do they have penalising their clients?

I's not as if traffic enforcement is any of their business, or that it serves their customers in any way, shape or form.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    A few decades ago for a brief time I was employed by the local council. They didn't seem to have anything as formal as a code of conduct then, but there was a rule that no staff were to place themselves in an adversarial position with ratepayers. That went out the door as soon as there was a buck in it.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Hands up anyone who has recently looked twice at the back of their bike and gone . "Ah Fuck" when they've noticed that their securely affixed rego or warrant sticker is no longer there! ???
    In the last two years this has happened twice to my wife.....
    :
    Haha, funny you should say that - I was going to say the exact same thing, except it's only happened to me once.
    Twas on one of our SI jaunts; went to do a check round my bike and it's like "uh, hello, where has my wof and rego gone..." Mine are affixed the same way (in the plastic sleeve thingy screwed in behind my rego plate). Thankfully I wasn't pulled over (never have been on my bike ) so don't know whether my most endearing smile would have worked...
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Between bikes
    I's not as if traffic enforcement is any of their business, or that it serves their customers in any way, shape or form.
    For better or worse Central Govt has made it their business.

And in the case of licence label tickets, perhaps you're right that it doesn't serve their customers. However in the case of peoeple parking on footpaths, double parking, in the middle of intersections, or in a P5 for the whole day, it is serving their customers. Perhaps not the one they're ticketing, but others.

So it ends up being the case that 'they may as well' issue licence label tickets since they're ticketing vehicles for other things anyway.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGSER View Post
    The Parking Officer used the wrong Offence code for this one , It should be for obscured licence label. On Your Infringement notice there is a web site address You can use ,quote the offence number and rego number and advise the expiry date . I have not been able to find in law where one must display the licence label on a motorcycle, only on the fact sheet.
    You should get of this one, if not ask for a hearing and the JPs would throw it out.
    You are wrong. The infringement notice was issued under Auckland transport rules and regulations. He/She was NOT a Police officer.

The notice was issued under the following regulation.

: Person operated a motor vehicle on a road when the current licence issued to the vehicle and appropriate for its use was not affixed to it in the manner prescribed.

: Land Transport (Motor Vehicle Registration & Licensing) Regulations 2011: Regulation 77(2)(b)(ii).

: $200 - Schedule 6 Land Transport (Motor Vehicle Registration & Licensing) Regulations 2011.

Check out the other things you can be issued an infringement notice for ...

https://at.govt.nz/driving-parking/p...infringements/

I bet a few should be issued with this .. (my favourite)

Inconsiderate parking.

: Person stopped, stood or parked a vehicle without reasonable consideration for other road users.

: Section 40 Land Transport Act 1998 and Rule 6.1 Road User Rule 2004.

: $60 – Rule 4 and Schedule 1 Land Transport (Offences and Penalties) Regulations 1999.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    A few decades ago for a brief time I was employed by the local council. They didn't seem to have anything as formal as a code of conduct then, but there was a rule that no staff were to place themselves in an adversarial position with ratepayers. That went out the door as soon as there was a buck in it.
    If there's a single test to verify an entities monopoly status it's the simple question: Would you willingly pay the asking price for their services if there was an alternative?

No? Then you don't have a client / vendor relationship, what you've got is a protection racket.

The fact that councils can get away with such a blatant abuse of their customer base with apparent impunity just reinforces the fact.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    In chch there have been over 11000 warnings for no rego or warrant, if they over 2 weeks expired you get a ticket, can always write in and beg forgiveness.

Quite decent really
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... Oh, and councils are not a monopoly. Police can issue parking tickets too. So perhaps duopoly is a better term.

But let's not let too many facts get in the way.
    Unless a complaint is made (for DANGEROUS PARKING)... parking tickets are a low police priority.

I'd much rather see them chasing burglers, rapists, and Motorcycle thieves ... (not always in that order of priority)
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    I'd much rather see them chasing burglers, rapists, and Motorcycle thieves ... (not always in that order of priority)
    should we move this to the death penalty thread?

been burgled 3 times, i am over being lenient

3 strikes and your gone burger

READ AND UDESTAND

Thread Information