Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Licence label parking ticket?

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki VN900 Custom

Licence label parking ticket?

Hey guys, a question?? how do you guys have your Registration Licence label attached to your bike??

I'm from Hamilton, Last Friday night (24th April) I went up to Auckland to catch up with a couple friends for a movie.
    Parked in the proper Motorbike Parking space, everything was all good, anyway, I get back to my bike at the end of the night,
    and find there's a parking ticket (photo attached)
    the fine was for $200 and it was for, "Current Licence Label Not Affixed in Prescribed Maneer"
    Firstly what the heck is that supposed to mean, I assume that they say you can't see it, but I've attached a photo, and you can plainly see it.
    obviously you can't read it right away, but it's not hard to slide it to read it,

But @200 bucks for that, that's stupid.

What are your thoughts?? I'm going to complain and write a letter,
    And I ask again, where are yours?? where else am I going to put the label, whoever the Warden was is a #$$%Head

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-05-03 13.52.38.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	435.4 KB 
ID:	311330Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-05-03 13.51.56.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	760.5 KB 
ID:	311331

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by stevensaaron View Post
    Hey guys, a question?? how do you guys have your Registration Licence label attached to your bike??

I'm from Hamilton, Last Friday night (24th April) I went up to Auckland to catch up with a couple friends for a movie.
    Parked in the proper Motorbike Parking space, everything was all good, anyway, I get back to my bike at the end of the night,
    the fine was for $200 and it was for, "Current Licence Label Not Affixed in Prescribed Maneer"
    Firstly what the heck is that supposed to mean, I assume that they say you can't see it, but I've attached a photo, and you can plainly see it.
    obviously you can't read it right away, but it's not hard to slide it to read it,

And I ask again, where are yours?? where else am I going to put the label, whoever the Warden was is a #$$%Head
    my guess is because they cant read the expiry date
    Last edited by Hitcher; 4th May 2015 at 11:01. Reason: Quoted embedded image deleted

Bike
    2016 Yamaha MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by stevensaaron View Post

I think you can get away with it for the WOF but you can't obscure the rego.
    Last edited by Hitcher; 4th May 2015 at 11:03. Reason: Quoted embedded image deleted

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    $200 for that is fucking outrageous, and you should do your best to get off that ticket. What kind of utter fuckwit honestly writes that ticket and feels good about his/her life?

I have a mate who used to work customer service at Council. He reckoned 80%+ of people who appealed tickets like this with a reasonably worded letter were let off.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    $200 for that is fucking outrageous, and you should do your best to get off that ticket. What kind of utter fuckwit honestly writes that ticket and feels good about his/her life?

I have a mate who used to work customer service at Council. He reckoned 80%+ of people who appealed tickets like this with a reasonably worded letter were let off.
    not so.My car rego had expired,i got a ticket.It doesnt matter that you cant actually get away with a couple of months like you were able to in another life,i still got a ticket even tho i sent a letter a copies of relevant docs ,the ticket is for not displaying .
    Its their job mate get over it,dont want a ticket dont do the whatevea

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    My WOF is like that, never been problem, dont park in town much though. Rego always clearly displayed.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Its their job mate get over it,dont want a ticket dont do the whatevea
    What a fucking stupid attitude, completely ignoring the stupidity and injustice of the idiotic rules. Too many bullshit rule followers and not enough intelligent pragmatists in this world. Obviously you belong in the former category.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Too many bullshit rule followers .
    Too many cunts who want to ignore whatever rules don't suit them and then whine like a bitch when they get nailed for it
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Tickets like that encourage people to ride without registration. No point in being taxed twice.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
    I think you can get away with it for the WOF but you can't obscure the rego.
    Rego is NOT reqired for A WOF. So yes you can. That doesn't help the OP though.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    What a fucking stupid attitude, completely ignoring the stupidity and injustice of the idiotic rules. Too many bullshit rule followers and not enough intelligent pragmatists in this world. Obviously you belong in the former category.
    The notice given wasn't for not having current rego. it was for "Failing to display" ... as it always has been. Hide the license label details and you risk a ticket from a council parking Hitler... as has always been the case.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Dog Rooter
    Well worth a polite letter because to me it looks like it is usually clearly visible poking vertically above the license plate...

The vibrations from the mighty motor must have caused it to rotate down into a partially obscured location, which would have required the parking officer to be unable to read it without rotating it back again, unfortunately. I am sure you have rectified this unfortunate occurrence and would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

Ask them nicely enough and you'll find they are actually real people and you've a decent chance on that one.

At least it wasn't Popo so no demerits to worry about.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    The law is that it needs to be as close to the rear as practicable (or something close that).

There is no law literally spelling out how it is to be afixed. Both rego and WOF are behind the plate on one bike, and WOF tucked up behind the plate on another, with rego on swingarm. I got a ticket for the WOF tucked behind plate (actual offence for not displaying current WOF). I phoned them complaining about their crappy warden who couldn't take the time to inspect and now I had to waste my time dealing with their inepitude. They told me to write in and I refused, saying it would take even more of my time. Since it wasn't my bike, my boss got on the phone to them as well and let one rip about now their employee was wasting his time dealing with their crap. I agreed to email a pic through, and they wrote back saying they'd decided to cancel in this instance... yada yada no apology.

I'd write/email in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Yeah write in, you'll get off that if you word it well.
    There is a law that it has to be CLEARLY visible somewhere though, however that is over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by chasio View Post
    At least it wasn't Popo so no demerits to worry about.
    I'd say. Some Richmond based Pom did me for being 4 days out. Genuinely didn't know. 4 days! Waste of time and trees.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The notice given wasn't for not having current rego. it was for "Failing to display" ... as it always has been. Hide the license label details and you risk a ticket from a council parking Hitler... as has always been the case.
    Yes, I understand that. But anyone who thinks it's justice that this guy gets a $200 fine for this because "rules are rules" should be strung up by their testicles in the town centre and flogged.

At the end of the day, this isn't a ticket for not having a rego (because he did), and it's not for not displaying the rego (he did that, too). It's a ticket for not displaying it in a way that's acceptable to Mr Parking Warden. It's a $200 ticket, which is an obscene amount of money for a parking ticket, for an issue that should have been sorted with a polite note or a phone call.

All those rule following cunts out there that think this is OK should jump off a fucking cliff.

Thread Information