Thread: Bike Nazis - kids learning to ride

Bike
    CR250

Bike Nazis - kids learning to ride

Rant...

So I take my kids down to the local sports field so they can get used to riding. My daughter is only 4 and she is getting the hang of it nicely, but needs a bit more practice before we hit the tracks. I've spoken to the groundskeeper before and he is fine with us going there as long as we don't rip up the grass.

Anyway my daughter was starting to ride really well, like fanging it. And then she binned it - big time. Face first and snapped the peak off her helmet - she would have been going at least 40 kmph when she went over a bump and went flying over the bars.

That the moment when this old cow comes over and has a go at me. Biiiitch. Trys to tell me I can't ride there blah blah blahh, I say I've spoken to the groundskeeper, so she she starts ranting about how my son rode into a school grounds.

I admit that the kids were starting to get tooo fast and I was stopping them when my daughter crashed. And yes the track is the best place to go. But fuck me a couple of wee 50cc bikes on a field. Plus we have been going down there for the past 2 years!! PC world going more mad everyday.

End rant.

Bike
    2015 KTM RC390
    Was nodding my head the whole time I was reading this! Good on you for easing your kids into it. My dad bought me a kdx200 at 13 after years of asking, took me to a 40km one day event out of Huntley and said "right on you go Son"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory

Bike Nazis - kids learning to ride

Where I live the blue rinse brigade are everywhere. My kids would last about 45 secs in the park across the road before all hell broke loose with the locals. Nice one dad for getting your kids started :up:

Bike
    2005 Aprilia Tuono
    I think sometimes it is the case of a small number ruining it for everyone else.

We have kids riding their little bikes along our local river bank which is a great place to learn. But we also have the a-holes tearing it up on their full size bikes, damaging the area and creating a huge mess.

If that old cow that yelled at you has bikes racing up and down most Sunday mornings it might be understandable that she might get a bit grumpy.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I think quite a few people just see "hooligan" when they see bikes. We have dirt bikes charging around here often, on and off road. Must set the precedent.
    Been growled at a few times doing very slow basic handling practice in empty car parks and subdivisions. The aggressive attitudes made me vent immediately. Something along the lines of "if brainless, knee jerk, fuckwits like you could drive a bit safer we would not have to practice in private". It worked, bit of humble pie appeared. The TDM has even been accused of being a dirt bike! Crikey, these people are allowed to breed?

Meh, fuck em. Let them stick to knitting.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Speed Triple
    My father taught me to ride on a gravel road...on a YZ80.

I was to short to reach the footpegs, was given no instructions, wasn't made aware of the brakes, we just fanged it with me on the front, him on the back, he said hold the throttle wide open boy and he stepped off the back and I went solo.

Ended badly.

Probably not a good example. Stubbies didn't save me.

Bike
    2 smokers
    Golf courses are perfect!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    Stubbies didn't save me.
    If you'd drunk enough of them at least the pain might have been more bearable.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Now this is a new side of Katman. Try answering the next 4 threads with this sort of humour and attitude & see if you like it. Could be a new start of a wonderful thing.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    i dont blame her, not everybody wants to hear your kids racing about on motorbikes, then all the other dropkicks that will be doing it as well

Bike
    motocompo
    I take my kids to the field down by the marina with a 70 pit bike. I have seen people deliberately throw their dog ball in front of the kids bike so the dog will run in front of the bike so they can either trip the kids or have something to bitch about.
    If anyone wants to have a go I will pretend to be deaf so they feel sorry for me, give up & move on.
    My son bought a mobility scooter a while back to tidy up, put a pair of batteries in & flick off for a profit, we went on a few missions on it together, you can go anywhere on one of those things & people just smile sympathetically & nod.

Thread Information