Thread: fmf or pro circuit for older model bikes

Bike
    RM250, YZ250(295)

fmf or pro circuit for older model bikes

Is there a new Zealand based company that has stock of after market expansion chambers and silencers for older bikes? I need for a 96 rm250 but can only find through the states

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by nzpoontang View Post
    Is there a new Zealand based company that has stock of after market expansion chambers and silencers for older bikes? I need for a 96 rm250 but can only find through the states
    i doubt it, nearly 20 years old, they would be able to order it, but expect a delay,

the FMF distributor burnt down in the early 2000' (have rebuilt since) so their would be none left from those model years, and Pro Circuit did not really stock older stuff here as the demand is low,

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    you could always get custom chambers to whip you up something.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    2 smokers
    Whats wrong with getting one through the states. I am always surprised at how quick stuff arrives from the states, often quicker than NZ companies can deliver. I'm all for supporting local business but so many now won't hold stock and order from overseas as required.
    Shop around, look on ebay.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    If a source pops up I'm looking for an FMF spannie for my CRM 250. The original was "lost" in transit from the UK. Silencer turned up. Keys didn't, but that has now been fixed.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    RM250, YZ250(295)
    Quote Originally Posted by gwynfryn View Post
    Whats wrong with getting one through the states. I am always surprised at how quick stuff arrives from the states, often quicker than NZ companies can deliver. I'm all for supporting local business but so many now won't hold stock and order from overseas as required.
    Shop around, look on ebay.
    I can get one on ebay, but the last time I brought bike parts through ebay nothing showed up and I sent many emails and never heard back from anybody, wasn't to much of a biggy as it was like a $40 part, but am a little sceptical to pay a few hundred for an expansion chamber and just hope it turns up

Bike
    RM250, YZ250(295)

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Have a look HERE.

Found a pipe for my bike at a good price, too.

I think Webike is pretty kosher, other Japanese sites I have used have been excellent.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by nzpoontang View Post
    motosport and btosports are the two biggest ones in the states, and both are pretty good,

Thread Information