Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Triumph street triple 660 worth the price?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Cynical marketing by a cynical company whose pricing policy simply doesn't gel with what other markets pay for the same product. The Street Triple is one of the best bikes ever. The Street Cripple is just an attempt to get you to buy two $15k bikes in two years. Or most likely a Street Cripple followed by a Speed Triple, so a $15k bike then a $26k bike.

Cynical in the extreme.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Cynical marketing by a cynical company whose pricing policy simply doesn't gel with what other markets pay for the same product. The Street Triple is one of the best bikes ever. The Street Cripple is just an attempt to get you to buy two $15k bikes in two years. Or most likely a Street Cripple followed by a Speed Triple, so a $15k bike then a $26k bike.

Cynical in the extreme.
    Yes but in 2 years time you will likely get 70% trade in price return for the lams bike as they hold value better than most new bikes.
    Lets say you get 9k trade in in 24 months then bike has cost 2.5k per year to own. Now ask yourself if renting the bike for $50 per week is worth while or would you rather rent the Yamaha for about $40 per week if that's worth 7k trade in after 2 years.

Anyone planning on buying a new bike and getting no return after 2 years can pm me the collection details.
    The question is how much your prepared to lose per week to ride the bike you want.
    My last bike cost me $100 per week in capital loss.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Yes but in 2 years time you will likely get 70% trade in price return for the lams bike as they hold value better than most new bikes.
    Lets say you get 9k trade in in 24 months then bike has cost 2.5k per year to own. Now ask yourself if renting the bike for $50 per week is worth while or would you rather rent the Yamaha for about $40 per week if that's worth 7k trade in after 2 years.

Anyone planning on buying a new bike and getting no return after 2 years can pm me the collection details.
    The question is how much your prepared to lose per week to ride the bike you want.
    My last bike cost me $100 per week in capital loss.
    Blah blah brand loyalty bullshit, over priced old designs sold at a 25% premium unique to the NZ market. Followed by marketing more cynical than the bloated HP figures quoted for two stroke 250cc race reps 30 years ago.

Both Yamaha and Triumph have earned my eternal enmity over the Street Cripple and MT-07. They take the piss and everybody fawns at their feet.

Buy something second hand, don't buy new, don't read the marketing bullshit or bike tests. Ride something and if you really like it buy it. But avoid Triumph and Yamaha at all costs.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Blah blah brand loyalty bullshit, over priced old designs sold at a 25% premium unique to the NZ market. Followed by marketing more cynical than the bloated HP figures quoted for two stroke 250cc race reps 30 years ago.

Both Yamaha and Triumph have earned my eternal enmity over the Street Cripple and MT-07. They take the piss and everybody fawns at their feet.

Buy something second hand, don't buy new, don't read the marketing bullshit or bike tests. Ride something and if you really like it buy it. But avoid Triumph and Yamaha at all costs.
    So forget the 2 bike OP likes and buy a near new cb500fa, er650n, monster 660, Hyosung gt650 comet or cf650nk or continue to ride the bike he would rather upgrade?

Bike
    Sold
    Oh dear Jim, maybe a few people aren't as politicised and easily upset as you! There are bugger-all organisations in the world who don't cynically market their goods and services. As you know, I've had a fantastic run with the Triple and the launch of the 660 isn't going to put me off getting another 675 Then again, I might just be a shallow old fart just trying to have fun before the Grim Reaper shows up

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Lets say you get 9k trade in in 24 months then bike has cost 2.5k per year to own.
    That's a nice crystal ball you've got there. Knowing what these will be worth in a few years from now with absolutely no data to back it up is impressive. Wait, is that the right word? No - STUPID, that's the word I'm looking for.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    No - STUPID, that's the word I'm looking for.

Nail on head. If you cant understand the meaning of LIKELY in the context of the sentence that's not my problem.

In my opinion a 30% reduction in value for a well looked after LAMS approved bike would be close. We can wait 2 years and see though as I cant find any 2 years old 660 triumph triples to get the pricing trend exact.

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    Nail on head. If you cant understand the meaning of LIKELY in the context of the sentence that's not my problem.

In my opinion a 30% reduction in value for a well looked after LAMS approved bike would be close. We can wait 2 years and see though as I cant find any 2 years old 660 triumph triples to get the pricing trend exact.
    Bound to be some smart arse revisit this thread in two years time with the benefit of hindsight claiming to have known it all, all along...
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    That's a nice crystal ball you've got there. Knowing what these will be worth in a few years from now with absolutely no data to back it up is impressive. Wait, is that the right word? No - STUPID, that's the word I'm looking for.

It takes intelligence to come up with a prediction likely to be reasonably accurate...

To call that stupid is .......

well........

rather stupid....
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    Street Triple R

Cynical in the extreme.
    Jesus dude, take a pill.

The LAMS version of any bike are a response to a legislative system that affects market conditions. All companies are cynical.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Oh dear Jim, maybe a few people aren't as politicised and easily upset as you! There are bugger-all organisations in the world who don't cynically market their goods and services. As you know, I've had a fantastic run with the Triple and the launch of the 660 isn't going to put me off getting another 675 Then again, I might just be a shallow old fart just trying to have fun before the Grim Reaper shows up

We are all doing that........
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I got 70% trade in value on my large capacity LAMS bike....

Jus Sayin....
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Various things
    And as a leaner your opinion means dick.

And by a lot of other peoples standards you're still a learner and/or a novice too. Doesn't stop you having an opinion.

Bike
    2015 GSX1300R Hayabusa
    Save your money and take your restricted test.

A year on your restricted isn't long to wait in the grand scheme of things, not when you will likely own the Triumph for 5+ years.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    We've all been in the L plate bike situation before...but if you've got the money to step up to a better L plate bike, what's stopping you?
    many of us are old enough to have got licences before that system came in ... 6 month provisional (with no restriction on bike size) then full licence ....

Bennz - keep the Ninja till you have a full licence .. then the field is open to you ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Thread Information