Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is Triumph street triple 660 worth the price?

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennz View Post
    Mossy, they can get more easily , it's their sale technique haha.
    You would need confirm that with them. There is no point them using a sales technique on me as I just bought a new bike from them 2 weeks ago and they know I don't want another unless its a motard cheap enough to pay for without my wife noticing that I can hide in the back of my garage.

They arnt sure if they can get more for a while now as NZ stock sold faster than expected.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    None yet
    I did talk to them yesterday about a black one and was told it can be arranged as soon as they see the $$$
    Maybe a new shipment ?

Although I still haven't made my final decision to either keep the 300, get the 660 ... Or 675 but be under radar, although insurance won't work so technically have two options hah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I did talk to them yesterday about a black one and was told it can be arranged as soon as they see the $$$
    Maybe a new shipment ?

Any thing is possible. 2 years ago they got me a pure black zx14r with ABS from Australian stock because only flame versions had ABS in NZ stock but I had to wait a few weeks.
    The problem is when you look at dealer listings especially on tardme they keep them up after the bike has sold so if they get another they don't need pay to list again or the old listing can sell another that they can order in if available.

If enough have been sold im sure more have been ordered its just a matter of when they will arrive.

Or. Go to Cook Islands and get a full licence then come back and get full NZ licence. Then buy 675 trumpet.
    Assumption is the Raro loop hole still exists.

Bike
    None yet
    Well the ninja is gone . Thought about it and wasn't the right bike for me.

Had some cheeky thoughts of ditch lams only bikes and get something proper with less money for triple 660. But not sure the consequence of that , specially with the insurance.

Bike
    2 675R's & a Tracer GT
    But I am worried $14000 for a LAMS triple 660 is very high. Technically I can afford to pay for it , but thinking that the bike will be always restricted ( can not be derestricted at any stage due to specific ECU coding ).
    Is the bike worth that much or will retain the value even as a LAMS triple ?

I have Yamaha MT-07 in mind as well , I haven't ridden it yet, but lack of ABS worries me ( as a newbie) when dealing with that much power.
    Albeit Yamaha is almost $3000 cheaper , and produces same power and torque almost.

You probably know by now, that it's not just the ECU that restricts the 660. The crank has a shorter stroke. So it would be basically impossible to make into a 'normal' 675. The NZ MT07 (the only version they are importing) has a smaller bore, so is in the same camp of, never being able to be de-restricted.

By the sound of the thread, I'm sure that's not a major in your decision.

I haven't ridden the 660, but it sounds awesome in tests. Most riders don't ride in the top 2k of the rev range all the time, so I think it sounds quite good. But....as said before, if you get your full, you can go for whatever you want.

Hope you enjoy what you end up with anyway..
    Do us all a favour, by bringing yourself up to speed, before pulling onto the motorway.

Bike
    None yet
    Got the 660 and I must say its an amazing machine , got the first 2016 colour scheme ( black and matte grey ) with red circle wheels. Breaking it in happily

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Well done!!

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Sounds good. Were you at the shop with your old man on Friday about 4.30?

Just looked like the kind of guy that would own a triple trumpet standing outside the shop front.

Bike
    None yet

Is Triumph street triple 660 worth the price?

Thanks SCboy and no mossy that wasn't me. I was there earlier briefly to do the paper work and picked it up yesterday morning .
    And was so lucky to have such a great weekend to enjoy the bike. I'm surprised at how much more confident I feel with this bike even it has more power than ninja. Feels like the right one

A photo of the bike going through pre-delivery checks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434282717.689281.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	390.8 KB 
ID:	312785Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434282927.717993.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	361.6 KB 
ID:	312786

Bike
    FXR150

DON'T buy the MT07 . . .

Don't buy the MT07!
    You'll wish ya mother had slapped you in the face with a wet fish if you do.

After riding few months on my ninja 300 ( on learners still ), I decided to test ride the Triumph street triple 660 to just see what is my capabilities in handling more powerful bike.

Wish I didn't

I absolutely loved the triple 660 beyond belief, I was surprised how much better I managed to ride, manoeuvre, be comfortable and actually enjoy the riding more than the ninja 300.

The handling is superb, power is outstanding, comfort if perfect (for me) and I almost went mad to trade in my ninja for the bike. But the difference the dealer wanted was very dear.

Now I'm tempted to sell my ninja and get the triple 660 to simply enjoy riding.

But I am worried $14000 for a LAMS triple 660 is very high. Technically I can afford to pay for it , but thinking that the bike will be always restricted ( can not be derestricted at any stage due to specific ECU coding ).
    Is the bike worth that much or will retain the value even as a LAMS triple ?

I have Yamaha MT-07 in mind as well , I haven't ridden it yet, but lack of ABS worries me ( as a newbie) when dealing with that much power.
    Albeit Yamaha is almost $3000 cheaper , and produces same power and torque almost.

What should I do???

I would really appreciated your help and advice

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    That's a serious dredge.

The MT-07 was bike of the year in some of the overseas press, admittedly not the LAMS version but even that has its fans. Of course if your opinion is based on many thousands of kilometres of personal experience I will defer to your superior knowledge.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information