Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kiwibike Insurance - my experience

Bike
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
    I've just switched to them. Ironically, I've moved from Star to Star and saved $100 in the process. :-) They were very helpful during the changeover.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bike
    2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    I finally got around to insuring my 750 this week. I got an online quote from Kiwibike that seemed reasonable - not the best policy (market value, no gear replacement etc) but good enough. The price was also good enough that I didn't bother shopping around. Finalised my order right there online, no sales pitch or any of the BS we're used to with insurance. I walked away very happy.

Got my policy in the mail a day or two later, including a hand written note to let me know they've found me a better value policy, and could I please send them my bank account details so they can refund me $40.

Definitely not used to an insurance dealer behaving this way, and I'm very happy. Hopefully my experience will be similar in the case of a claim - Star Insurance / Lumley if anyone has any experience with this crowd.
    Awesome work Alana at Kiwibike.
    We just settled a House burglary with Lumley and they were just Pure Cunts to deal with.

Cops caught the thieves less than 24 hours after the break in, thieves went to court the following day and pleaded guilty, yet Lumley still saw fit to send in a Private Investigator to investigate US for a claim that included only a laptop, a tablet and a few hundred dollars of other stuff.

They made me feel like I was the thief and took six weeks to settle

I have had insurance with them for nearly two decades and will be changing insurers within the week.

Cheers
    Pete
    Arguing with an Engineer is like wrestling a pig in mud.

After a while you realise the pig is enjoying it.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Just added a new bike to the list. Extra $8 per month for full cover. These guys are great. Wish acc would account for the fact you cant ride more than one bike at the same time.

Edit-My bad its $6.20 a month extra
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Gone
    Two claims so far. ( one track day). can't fault these guys. No hassle repair and payouts.
    "Age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill"

Thread Information