Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Euthanasia

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Oh, they have high-level convictions all right - they are convinced that they are owed no personal responsibility but that some group of 'others' should both absolve them from the consequences of their convictions, plus supply them with the services they believe are their due. Because, uniquely, they 'care'. While the rest of us are uncaring brutes. Thus, we should be made to care and to demonstrate that caring, do their liberal bidding.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    Because, uniquely, they 'care'. While the rest of us are uncaring brutes. Thus, we should be made to care and to demonstrate that caring, do their liberal bidding.
    Over-reaction, much?

I don't imagine that anyone suggests that doctors should be 'forced' to assist someone's death

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Over-reaction, much?

I don't imagine that anyone suggests that doctors should be 'forced' to assist someone's death
    Maybe you haven't been paying attention.

From starting with 'you gotta tolerate gay marriage' we have gone to punishing people who won't bake cakes for gay weddings with 6-figure fines and business closures.

From starting with asking men not to 'manspread' (sit with legs apart) on subways we have now decided to actually arrest them.

Read the news.

So, no, I do not believe that you and your favorite social engineers / 'social justice warriors' will not end up forcing doctors to be accomplices in your agenda upon pain of financial or other sanctions. Because that is what you and your ilk do.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I know it will sound callous but if those who want the right to choose the time of their own death aren't prepared to take matters into their own hands before the need to rely on someone else to do it where is their level of conviction?
    Oh, it goes way beyond callous.

Suicide is still illegal remember? (Yes, I understand that it's rather pointless trying to convict a dead person).

It is perfectly natural that a terminally ill person would wish to spend as long as they feel appropriate with their loved ones and it should be perfectly natural for them to decide when that time is no longer beneficial to themselves or their loved ones.

There are not many 'tidy' methods of suicide available to a terminally ill person confined to a death bed. To question someone's 'conviction' because they didn't do the job earlier borders on the repugnant. You surprise me.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    There are not many 'tidy' methods of suicide available to a terminally ill person confined to a death bed.
    Determined, decisive people only need one method. You may live twice but you only die once.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    Maybe you haven't been paying attention.

From starting with 'you gotta tolerate gay marriage' we have gone to punishing people who won't bake cakes for gay weddings with 6-figure fines and business closures.

From starting with asking men not to 'manspread' (sit with legs apart) on subways we have now decided to actually arrest them.

Read the news.

So, no, I do not believe that you and your favorite social engineers / 'social justice warriors' will not end up forcing doctors to be accomplices in your agenda upon pain of financial or other sanctions. Because that is what you and your ilk do.
    We'll I'm glad we've finally established that you're an irrational fuckwit.

I think your post even surpasses anything that Ed could come up with.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    If emediate Family agree, I say let the people make there own decisons. There is suicide, and then there is NO real point to breathing any more, apart from to deterirate more
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Euthanasia is one of those tricky subjects - I support the principle, but cannot find a way that such a law could be written to protect the vulnerable, whilst allowing mercy to the suffering.

At this stage - one rule that works for one person, may not work for another.

From this perspective IF Euthanasia was to be legalised - IMO a case for it should have to be made to a high court hearing to determine if it should go ahead and whether there are any mitigating factors.

But that is still a crappy and expensive solution
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Oh, it goes way beyond callous.

Suicide is still illegal remember? (Yes, I understand that it's rather pointless trying to convict a dead person).

So you still prefer that the onus lays on someone else to carry out the deed?

Btw, I said "discuss".

Kudos to the American woman who moved states in order to take her lethal tablet at the time of her own choosing. She decided when the time was appropriate and was able to end her life without her loved ones risking prosecution for assisting, or even for not stopping her from doing it. And, yes we don't have that option here in NZ (before anyone thinks I really need to have that pointed out to me).

My personal opinion is that if you really want to control the moment of your own demise then do it yourself; don't place that burden on someone else. The person to whom such a task would not be a burden would really be the callous one. And I'm sure there are some out there in our society who would have no compunction about stepping up into the old fashioned role of 'executioner', as was the job for some peope in our "less advanced" (?) periods of history or cultures.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    NB: If you are not prepared to 100% agree with the narcissistic OP, then there is little point in posting in his threads, he even has little time for his own siblings point of view, because it not his.

PS: His rep comment suggest I got it right ..'Fuck off cocksucker.'

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    My personal opinion is that if you really want to control the moment of your own demise then do it yourself; don't place that burden on someone else.
    You make it sound like we're planning on introducing a new job description of 'Executioner' to our society.

There are people out there who would assist a terminally ill person's death for no other reason than compassion.

Why is it acceptable to put an animal out of it's suffering but not a human?

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    The same reason it is ok to murder animals. Self-awareness, or lack thereof.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Its a Boat
    You make it sound like we're planning on introducing a new job description of 'Executioner' to our society.

There are people out there who would assist a terminally ill person's death for no other reason than compassion.

Do you charge you customers for your time on here? you spend an awful amount of time on here during business hours.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Do you charge you customers for your time on here? you spend an awful amount of time not working on a daily basis.

That was Robert Taylors deal Maha. And many paid the $100+ per hour for his parts fitting, fukin red neck that he is
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    That was Robert Taylors deal Maha. And many paid the $100+ per hour for his parts fitting, fukin red neck that he is
    Is that all he charged for turning a blind eye when you got illegal parts fitted?

Cheap as chips mate.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Thread Information