Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Euthanasia

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Go back through your posts and have a gander at how often you make conflicting statements.
    Show me the conflicting statements and I'll attempt to resolve them in a manner that your brain may be able to cope with.

I'm in a generous mood.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Based on PMs with husaberg after I red repped him, I think the bit he's having trouble with (based on him bolding it) is:

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    If that patient is terminally ill and very near death you have nothing to offer that patient other than their choice of death.
    He seems to think this means the doctor saying "Now lie down on the bed, I'm going to euth you".

Where in actual fact it means, like any other scenario, a doctor outlining the patient's options, and letting the patient decide. Viz.;
    - You can request euthanasia
    - You can elect to let nature take its course.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    Based on PMs with husaberg after I red repped him, I think the bit he's having trouble with (based on him bolding it) is:

He seems to think this means the doctor saying "Now lie down on the bed, I'm going to euth you".

Where in actual fact it means, like any other scenario, a doctor outlining the patient's options, and letting the patient decide. Viz.;
    Incorrect I do not..

Bullshit - yet again.

Your job is to do the best for your patient.

If that patient is terminally ill and very near death you have nothing to offer that patient other than their choice of death.

Letting the patient decide is giving the doctor nothing to offer but the patients choice of death. It is that simple.
    This is outside the moral convictions of a large number of medical professionals as well a a huge number of other people.
    As he said your choice (in referring to a medical professional that had posted) your job is do the best for the patient

AS have freely and repeatedly stated I support euthanasia but only with robust protocols such as those with abortion

I have even said all this to you in a pm it is you that clearly having issues comprehending what is a pretty basic concept
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    People who have firm moral and courage do not often lie as to what they are. I would not expect you to ever be able to understand that.
    Dude, where did I ever say that I would lie?

I gave a hypothethical example of avoiding a lawsuit.

You seriously seem to live in another dimension.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex

^^^^

See husaberk? Comprehension isn't that hard for most people.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberk View Post
    Letting the patient decide is giving the doctor nothing to offer but the patients choice of death.
    But the patient should only be given the option to choose when the doctors have exhausted all options and there's no other option but to suffer a prolonged death. The conflict with an individuals morals is a non-issue too, do all doctors perform brain surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by husaberk
    It is that simple.
    Exactly. At last.

Bike
    Between bikes
    I'm just going to leave this here.

A doctor who has a conscientious objection to abortion is not required to assist in the performance of an abortion and, under a December 2010 High Court ruling, may also refuse to refer you for assessment.
    However, the doctor must inform you that you can obtain the service from another health care provider.

Seems to me, and I'd hope, the same approach would be taken with an issue as knicker-twisting as Euthanasia.

Can we now get away from this fucking 'shoving euthanasia down doctor's throats' presumption?
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    husaberg
    I'm just going to leave this here.

A doctor who has a conscientious objection to abortion is not required to assist in the performance of an abortion and, under a December 2010 High Court ruling, may also refuse to refer you for assessment.
    However, the doctor must inform you that you can obtain the service from another health care provider.

Seems to me, and I'd hope, the same approach would be taken with an issue as knicker-twisting as Euthanasia.

Can we now get away from this fucking 'shoving euthanasia down doctor's throats' presumption?
    How insightful I tell you to actually read the actual abortion law and all of a sudden you knew it all along anyway...........

Incorrect I do not..

Letting the patient decide is giving the doctor nothing to offer but the patients choice of death. It is that simple.
    This is outside the moral convictions of a large number of medical professionals as well a a huge number of other people.
    As he said your choice (in referring to a medical professional that had posted) your job is do the best for the patient

As have freely and repeatedly stated I support euthanasia but only with robust protocols such as those with abortion

I have even said all this to you in a pm it is you that clearly having issues comprehending what is a pretty basic concept

It does receive robust discussion and debate but it is a complicated subject but it is fraught, I myself I are in favour of it, but the whole legality of it needs to be correctly framed around it.
    As I have said I support a carefully managed implementation and application of euthanasia with robust laws to support and protect peoples moral beliefs but you are too busy beating off to listen to that.
    Last line of what you quoted re read it, the two death with dignity bills would have covered them.
    Yet peoples own individual morality on the issue also needs to be protected as much if not more than the patients also.

I am well acquainted with palliative care yet I am also mindfull as soon as the door is open it is the thin end of the wedge.
    If you go back through my posts you will see I are in favour of it.
    It just need to be implemented in a careful manner so it does not open Pandora's box.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Between bikes
    How insightful I tell you to actually read the actual abortion law and all of a sudden you knew it all along anyway...........
    Or more like: I said a doctor can't be forced to perform an abortion.

You said I should read the law before using it as an example.

Since you didn't bother with sources I found one for you, which funnily enough, backs up what I said.

Meh, I'm gonna watch from here on in.

Bike
    It was on the good
    I have just read the last few pages.

Someone kill me.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Someone kill me.
    Believe it or not, we're not allowed.

Bike
    husaberg
    Or more like: I said a doctor can't be forced to perform an abortion.

You said I should read the law before using it as an example.

Since you didn't bother with sources I found one for you, which funnily enough, backs up what I said.

Meh, I'm gonna watch from here on in.
    Gee it almost makes me wish I had said stuff like this then

Incorrect I do not..

As have freely and repeatedly stated I support euthanasia but only with robust protocols such as those with abortion

It does receive robust discussion and debate but it is a complicated subject but it is fraught, I myself I are in favour of it, but the whole legality of it needs to be correctly framed around it.
    As I have said I support a carefully managed implementation and application of euthanasia with robust laws to support and protect peoples moral beliefs but you are too busy beating off to listen to that.
    I am well acquainted with palliative care yet I am also mindfull as soon as the door is open it is the thin end of the wedge.
    If you go back through my posts you will see I are in favour of it.
    It just need to be implemented in a careful manner so it does not open Pandora's box.
    Last line of what you quoted re read it, the two death with dignity bills would have covered them.
    Yet peoples own individual morality on the issue also needs to be protected as much if not more than the patients also.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    I wish I had posted in this thread. I've missed the opportunity to quote myself over and over ad nauseam.
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post
    I wish I had posted in this thread. I've missed the opportunity to quote myself over and over ad nauseam.
    It's the place that just keeps giving and giving.

Thread Information